Orange Mote of Flame
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Waluigi Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Rainbow Feather
Green Feather
Feedback
100% (7) +
Do NOT vote someone else's thread down to get yourself more business. You're abusing the system and being an AWFUL person.

tumblr_inline_n61yxvlJjE1r2zxvb.gif

Thank you, someone needed to say it.

2nm0pz8.jpg

I love you. Seriously. Much needed rule that needs to be regulated into this forum.

glad this was addressed, the marketplace is vicious! D:

Thank you for posting this, I have seen this happen to may times for it to be OK.

I'm serious. This is dumb. Everyone here works hard for what they have and what they provide. People go to certain sellers because they like certain things about THAT seller. If you're not getting business because you can't man up and provide something people want for a reasonable rate, or whatever, then you need to stop. If someone refuses to sell to you because of an offer, or vice versa, unless it's a damn good reason, I don't want to see a vote. At all. Whatsoever.

People taking the ratings system seriously?

what

>Sees a 5 star shop thread
>Sees a 2 star shop thread

Which one would you go to? Obviously the one with the higher rating. There is "star rating" warfare in this forum. Everyone is trying to promote their stuff. How do you do that? Down vote threads that have similar merchandise/work that you have. It's a system that's abused and it needs to be dealt with. This is an excellent solution to this issue.

Last edited:
Aw man I need to find a reaction picture. But seriously do these people have no life? They must be bored.

>Sees a 5 star shop thread
>Sees a 2 star shop thread

Which one would you go to? Obviously the one with the higher rating. There is "star rating" warfare in this forum. Everyone is trying to promote their stuff. How do you do that? Down vote threads that have similar merchandise/work that you have. It's a system that's abused and it needs to be dealt with. This is an excellent solution to this issue.

No, I'd honestly go to the 2 star one first.

If the rating isn't some petty abuse of the system, then it'll be good for a laugh potentially. But if it is, then I'll realize this upon actually checking the thread.

Basically what I'm saying is people need to make their own judgements. Its similar to some ebay sellers having a negative feedback rating, but if you check the details its pretty clear they just had the bad luck of dealing with an obnoxious buyer.

Last edited:

If the rating isn't some petty abuse of the system, then it'll be good for a laugh potentially. But if it is, then I'll realize this upon actually checking the thread.

Basically what I'm saying is people need to make their own judgements. Its similar to some ebay sellers having a negative feedback rating, but if you check the details its pretty clear they just had the bad luck of dealing with an obnoxious buyer.

Well, we don't have a feedback system so this is what you get, and it's been abused.

This is no laughing matter and the ratings cannot be removed from all threads.

memFguh.jpg

^ This image wont happen.

Last edited:

No one likes having a gray star next to their shop title. Every shop that provides its said service with little or no hassle deserves a 5/5 star rating. Simple as that. This rule prevents low lives from down voting threads out of jealousy or to promote their own shop.

Last edited:
tbh i dont even bother reading the thread rating, i dont even care enough about it, and half the time i'm not even aware they exist because that's how little i care.
and tbh, just like LambdaDelta said, if there were two threads, a two star and a five star, id click the two star first just cause of the low rating and i'd assume the shop is stupid and get a laugh from it, but even when ive done that, so many times ive seen myself go into a 1 or 2 star thread wanting a laugh but in the end i just see them as a shop and usually end up ordering something from them
and in the end, wifi rating >>>>>> thread rating. you can have a 1 star thread, and a 100% wifi rating, i'm going to buy from you. if you have a 5 star thread and like an 80% wifi rating, i'm not going to buy from you, simple as that.

if its such a big issue, why dont you just disable the rate feature anyway, i'm honestly surprised when i see that people actually pay attention to it, like i honestly expected nobody to even care about it but i guess people do??

People taking the ratings system seriously?

what

As a seller, I happen to take the star votes I have very seriously, because it's like a feedback if I am doing well or not. This is also a problem in the cycling thread. If someone is pissy they were told no because they broke/didn't read your thread rules or were not fast enough they will vote you one star, which is amazingly unfair.

The stars are there to help buyers find fair and honest dealers whom are easy to deal with and get along with of items without having to experience it themselves. I have downvoted one thread in my lifetime here on TBT because my sales experience with them was horrific. Usually I don't bother unless they were fast and very friendly.

In the end, some people don't care as long as they get what they want, but some people do care and will not buy from someone with 3 stars or less. And as a seller I feel it's a reflection of my hardwork and fair pricing. Some people are just hard to deal with, and it's a fact of life, but of you can still treat them with the kindness of anyone else, you deserve five damn stars because you are fair and honest and up front.

So people who downvote for bull**** reasons like this are terrible people and are abusing the system to make themselves look better under a guise of anonymity, and it's WRONG. That is not why the star system is there and this needs to STOP.It's also a ***** to gain back all five stars, so whoever is doing this is hella in the wrong and needs to grow up.

Last edited:
Wifi ratings are ONLY for AC stuff.

And I can't disable it. I would if I could.

Wifi ratings are ONLY for AC stuff.

And I can't disable it. I would if I could.
Wifi rating is also for signatures and art that is sold now. I didn't ask for other game trades, but yeah..

Kaiaa said:
Yookey said:
"Feedback System

General Principles
The feedback system is used on The Bell Tree for Animal Crossing online gameplay, Animal Crossing transactions, and forum bell transactions. Feedback should only be given for legitimate reasons. A negative rating should not be made as a response to feedback itself. Illegitimate ratings can be reported to the moderators and abuse of the feedback system may result in suspension.
"

Does this rule also make it so that I can give and receive feedback for sold art & signatures in the TBT marketplace? as I receive forum bells back? Or does it only count for collectibles and/or in game items? :)

Thank you for your time!
Yookey
If this question has still not been answered, then I would like to inform you that yes! It works with everything now! Just be honest and be sure to let people know what you did (ex: traded art) so they know what type of feedback it was for.

Well, we don't have a feedback system so this is what you get, and it's been abused.

That wasn't my point at all.

My point is people depending solely on any sort of system blindly without looking into the things regarding it is a terrible idea.

By the same nature, someone could start off getting a bunch of high ratings for their thread simply because of friend benefits. I'm not directly accusing anyone of this, but it is still a way the system could be abused. Would this be any better?

A ratings system is always going to serve to be abused by some group of people, either for their own gain or just to piss people off. If you don't want ratings system drama then the answer is really quite simple. You simply disable all thread ratings.

Also, why is attention to it being called in this board and only this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back