• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Would like to request that "The Gate (AC:CF Online)" sub-forum be re-opened.

Clutz450

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Would like to request that "The Gate (AC:CF Online)" sub-forum be re-opened.

As everyone pretty much knows, the Nintendo Wii servers are down so I understand why the sub forum "The Gate (AC:CF Online)" was closed. However, a group of people came together and created their own server (called Wiimmfi) and has allowed us to continue to play some Wii games online again. And yes, this includes Animal Crossing: City Folk. I have written a very detailed yet simple to follow guide explaining all the steps needed to connect to these new servers. It does involve sotmodding (also known as hacking) your Wii and patching the Animal Crossing: City Folk game. I tried posting it on another animal crossing forum site but was told that topics involving hacking are against the rules and took it down. I would very much like to help anyone who wants to play online again and would be willing to walk anyone through step by step. So if such talks are allowed, then I would like to see "The Gate (AC:CF Online)" sub forum re-opened so I can post my guide there. From there we can exchange friend codes and I can even add you to the group chat I have going on my smart phone app called KIK so that when one person posts that their gate is open, everyone in the group is instantly notified. If anyone has any questions or would like further explanation about this new server, please let me know. Feel free to also message me on KIK if you have it. My user name is Clutz450.

I thought the same as you, actually. But, I just think that nobody is gonna be willing to mess about with their Wii just to connect to a bunch of people they may not get on with, and none of their other friends are willing to do. It sounds like too much trouble, and, as willing as I would be to play with some of my closest friends again, I don't think it would be all that necessary with New Leaf around. I mean, although Let's Go to the City will probably always be my favourite game in the series, there isn't much reason to be playing it again when you've got New Leaf, and the possibility of a new Animal Crossing game just around the corner. I think it was a good idea to allow people the option of playing again, but I don't think that many people will be willing to do it. Not big communities of people, anyway.

Last edited:
I can understand what you are saying and I would never want to force anyone to softmod their Wii if they weren't comfortable with it. But there are people out there that still do want to play online and wouldn't mind softmodding in order to do it. Plus there are even others who already have a softmodded Wii but just don't know about the new server.

If you look at the Wiimmfi stats page there are already 159 people (as of writing this post) who have already registered their friend codes on the new Wiimmfi server. But there is no way to get in touch with them to exchange friend codes except by randomly posting in various forums hoping to get a hit. Doing a google search for "City Folk Wiimmfi" gives you a bunch of random posts from all over the place. But if we had just one centralized place dedicated to getting City Folk online using the Wiimmfi server, it would be easier for all of us who want to play online to get in touch with others who want to do the same.

I am going to wait a few more days and then I am going to post my guide here provided that no forum moderators tell me not to.

I can understand what you are saying and I would never want to force anyone to softmod their Wii if they weren't comfortable with it. But there are people out there that still do want to play online and wouldn't mind softmodding in order to do it. Plus there are even others who already have a softmodded Wii but just don't know about the new server.

If you look at the Wiimmfi stats page there are already 159 people (as of writing this post) who have already registered their friend codes on the new Wiimmfi server. But there is no way to get in touch with them to exchange friend codes except by randomly posting in various forums hoping to get a hit. Doing a google search for "City Folk Wiimmfi" gives you a bunch of random posts from all over the place. But if we had just one centralized place dedicated to getting City Folk online using the Wiimmfi server, it would be easier for all of us who want to play online to get in touch with others who want to do the same.

I am going to wait a few more days and then I am going to post my guide here provided that no forum moderators tell me not to.

What about the community that constructed the modification technique? Why not just promote it through that? People here seem to have just accepted the fact it's time to move on from Let's Go to the City, and I doubt there's anywhere different. If there are people out there interested in playing again, I'm glad they can do it. But, with New Leaf around, it just doesn't seem all that likely to become a trend. I mean, look at this thread, for example. The only person who has contributed to it is me, and this, as far as I'm aware, is the biggest Animal Crossing community out there. It just doesn't seem like anybody is interested. And, like I said, it's good that there's an option to play again. But, again, with New Leaf, I don't think it's gonna become a big thing. Oh, and I advise you to contact a member of staff before you start posting guides on how to hack your Wii. I'm not entirely sure if that's allowed.

Last edited:
Looking for others with modded wii to play animal crossing

I'm one of the ones who took a bit of time to modify their wii to play animal crossing cf online. I'm looking for others to play it with. I have new leaf too, but I'm just starting out in city folk and have more interest in it...friends are easy to find in new leaf and not in city folk.. :(

my friend code is 3393-0244-2810 (animal crossing city folk)

town is milkyway
name is bear

Please some one join me! :)

I'm one of the ones who took a bit of time to modify their wii to play animal crossing cf online. I'm looking for others to play it with. I have new leaf too, but I'm just starting out in city folk and have more interest in it...friends are easy to find in new leaf and not in city folk.. :(

my friend code is 3393-0244-2810 (animal crossing city folk)

town is milkyway
name is bear

Please some one join me! :)

Click my link below to join my Animal Crossing City Folk group chat. There are a lot of us there who still play.

https://groupme.com/join_group/10931368/Kel3iT

I agree with this, but there are two problems.

1. Some people use a private server that isn't wiimmfi. For example, I use AltWFC instead. Having a bunch of people wanting to play but on a different server would be unsorted and would also cause confusion.

2. People just don't really seem to play ACCF anymore, the board would most likely be inactive. Combine this with problem 1, and nobody would ever be playing online with other people.

I like the idea, I just don't know how it would work.

I'd like to play with others, but what about the Virtual Console? If I change my internet settings on it, will I still be able to access the Virtual console?

I don't know what you mean by that, but I think I can still play the virtual console games on my wii that I've already downloaded. I think I downloaded one on the wii shop after getting the private server too.

Last edited:
Back