• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

scarab beetles

Gummysaur

erik is air, erik is life
Bells
Switch
4827-8999-9069
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
aaargh the bug-off is coming this saturday and I need ONE MORE BUG and it's the scarab beetle!! but I have no idea whats the best time to look for it or even what it looks like. does it look EXACTLY like the fruit beetle or is there a difference? I need to catch it so I can get my golden net >.< help please?

I've been walking around at 11pm for hours and haven't seen one. I know they're rare but not that rare?? :confused:

Last edited:
its a yellow version of the fruit beetle. i think its in the morning and evening

It looks very similar but is a lot more yellow. I was able to tell one apart from a fruit beetle as soon as I saw it.

You need to catch it after 11pm I think and it can be caught on the island as well as in town this time of year.

What I personally did to catch one was visit islands (my own country only, well after 11pm) until I found one where there were no other people. I then selected a tour but didn't sit down, blocking others from coming in. Then I removed all palm trees, bushes and flowers so only the regular trees in the middle remained. Then just scared off all the bugs that weren't the scarab beetle until I found one. I found this a lot easier than finding one in my town because I have a lot of landscaping and some trees are hard to see and reach with a net. Plus there aren't as many other bug types that can spawn if you remove all the other vegetation.

Last edited:
I caught mine on my island in the early morning between 6 and 7. You have to have a tree on your grassy knoll for the beetle to land on. I got mine before I cut my trees down. In fact that is where I got the majority of my bugs.

Back