Mafia Battle for Mount Olympus Mafia (Game Over/Mafia Win)

Dont you just love how ppl target ME for the tiniest reasons just because I'm more likely to make wrong decisions!
I claimed to defend myself! Let's be real if I didn't I wouldn't be posting I'd be dead when a potential scum kill could've happened!
Actually if you read my reply to Gandalf I was fully aware ppl said me.
Suspect wise
No one really stands out and I wanna hear Sid and Maris side
##VOTE No Lynch (for now)

It happens to everyone, it's how you throw it back at them that matters. :)

Claiming your role to use as a defense though should always be a last resort option, when votes are piling on and you really need to save skin.

I find it weird how MissNiamh says she has to go to sleep but after an hour she's still posting in the basement. If she has time to post things in the basement I think she could still be able to make a little post of her thoughts and suspicions. I don't though think this is a good enough reason to lynch her, but I think I'll be watching her.

I'm too tired to play mafia, but it can make bad posts about the powerpuff girls. I feel like i might slip up with the amount of energy I have at the moment.

I'm too tired to play mafia, but it can make bad posts about the powerpuff girls. I feel like i might slip up with the amount of energy I have at the moment.
If you are town which everyone is going to say they are why do feel like you're going to slip? (Unless I'm misunderstanding your statement)

If you are town which everyone is going to say they are why do feel like you're going to slip? (Unless I'm misunderstanding your statement)

I feel like I'm going to sound like scum with my wording which I already have done because I'm tired. I'm outta here.

S
It happens to everyone, it's how you throw it back at them that matters. :)

Claiming your role to use as a defense though should always be a last resort option, when votes are piling on and you really need to save skin.
Ty Tom!

It was a last resort and from my memory claiming when your about to be lynched always drives suspicion towards yourself even more then or later

I feel like I'm going to sound like scum with my wording which I already have done because I'm tired. I'm outta here.

Still there's very little you would have to do to cause a big slip up as town unless you claim an extremely unlikely role.

Although several hours remain of the day, the only votes cast so far has been for a No Lynch, which I do not think is the right choice. Getting rid of an inactive player is definitely more beneficial as a last resort, though there is a few people I find suspect. Therefore, if we want to make some progress and not waste the day, it's very important that we get the ball rolling in a more progressive direction.

I cannot say that I am getting town reads on Tom just yet, but it took a while for me to trust him in the XCOM game as well and he turned out to be town there, and he's a strong player overall. It would be foolish to risk a mislynch on him - Just keep an eye on him. Something doesn't sit right with a few of the posts he has made.

Jellofish is still a potential Godfather candidate but it's also entirely possible that they are just a frustrated and panicked Townie. Sid confirmed that he got the Townies name correctly, which means that two people have claimed Townie already. Very foolish if their claims are true.

Marii and Jeremy has not said anything yet. Hopefully they will contribute soon.

But the one that sticks out the most BY FAR in my eyes is MissNoodle. She begins the game with very quickly mentioning a few people that she thinks "is inactive" long before many of the players have even posted anything, which seems almost bloodthirsty. When people aren't quite taking the bait, she switches to a No Lynch tactic in order to appear "innocent" yet prevent Town from making progress.

And as Crystal said, she then claimed to be going to bed yet kept on posting on TBT in other threads. Her defense for that is what really raised tons of red flags for me:

As soon as she is called out, she doesn't really defend herself despite having the chance to do so, and instead just retreats hoping the whole thing will blow over. If you were truly Town I reckon you'd spend five minutes of effort in order to prove your innocence, and not just saying "I sound scummy. I better leave" which is essentially what she did.

I will ##VOTE: MissNiamh. I'm willing to change my vote to a more inactive player if that's what the majority wishes to do. I think that the No Lynch path is a mistake though, especially in a closed set-up. We won't make any progress like that.

I doubt Jeremy will contribute, especially if he's just lurking. Even as scum Jeremy usually makes a checking in post, but lately he's just be quiet so maybe he wouldn't be a bad lynch either. But I do agree, MissNiamh's slip up is rather confusing and the amount of no lynch votes from some of the players who voiced that voting an inactive wouldn't be a bad idea is also confusing as well. Why not spread votes out amongst the three inactives rather than no lynching?

Do you think Minties will add 24 hr? (Limited time you see)

Do you think Minties will add 24 hr? (Limited time you see)

I cannot speak for Minties but we just had a long and very serious discussion regarding taking these Mafia games more seriously and making certain that the rules of the games were being respected, and that punishment would be dealt out accordingly when people simply did not contribute with what they promised to do. (Such as being active)

I am aware that this is an unofficial game but nonetheless it would be quite the poor performance by the community to need the day to be extended by 24 hours simply because people aren't contributing as they should, and I feel that it's highly disrespectful towards Minties. Really hope it will not come to that. She's putting effort into hosting this for us and the least we can do is show her respect and follow the rules.

I'll be off to bed in around an hour, so I want to forward my top vote candidates before I place my final vote as I hope there will be some more discussion in that time.

Sid2125 threw me off a bit with this quote:

well ok. I believe jello is town only because their role name lines up with mine. i was kinda mad that they just stated the role name. now scum knows what it is and can use it to hide behind. there is the slight possibility that she could be the godfather though.

It's the third implied townie claim we have in the thread after being told multiple times to stop with the claiming and that it's a terrible idea. It's very possible that a mafia member would try to claim townie this way if other members had done the same, and again, it seems likely that the Godfather was given the townie name regardless.

MissNiamh seems to be a good lynch candidate due to her slip-ups and lack of solid defence despite having the chance to if she would put in the effort. Sataric's post shows all the evidence here so I won't repeat it.

Finally, Jeremy and Marii stand out because of their inactivity. I hope they will start to contribute or they are no help to town in the long run, and of course could potentially be scum trying to hide. I have seen Jeremy in the thread earlier but he still hasn't posted.

At the moment I am leaning towards voting for MissNiamh or Jeremy.

Reading through the posts, both MissNiamh and JellofishXD stick out to me as they did to many of you.

Ok, I'm here. Loving the game already! Sid, Ryan and Jello seem like the most inactive. I reckon Ryan will focus on his game more
than this. Jello and Sid are often just inactive. Let's just keep a look out and then vote accordingly. We don't have to vote for a while yet.

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...lympus-Mafia&p=3580811&viewfull=1#post3580811

Ok I'm here!
So were up for lynching Sid and Ryan am I right?
I suggest Ryan as a inactive lynch as I think Sid could be more useful later

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...lympus-Mafia&p=3580823&viewfull=1#post3580823

These posts were made less than 3.5 hours after the roles were sent. Not to mention that it was in the middle of the night for North America and early in the morning for the UK, so only the night people and Australians would be up at this time. Since not many players had posted yet, I'm wondering why MissNiamh specifically picked out these three players.

I doubt Jeremy will contribute, especially if he's just lurking. Even as scum Jeremy usually makes a checking in post, but lately he's just be quiet so maybe he wouldn't be a bad lynch either.

Not only does day have 7.5 hours left as I'm posting this, but it's the weekend and I don't know what you mean by "lately he's just be quiet" considering I haven't played a real mafia game since May. So what does "lately" mean?

MissNiamh is the most suspicious to me. she said she was tired but continued to post in the basement. then says she doesnt want to slip up because she is tired and does not give a good defense. to me she seems the most scummy. so my vote will go to her unless a better canidate appears.
##Vote: MissNiamh

Well MissNiamh you kinda slipped when you said you didn't want to slip. I don't know if you'll flip red or not but day one lunches are never the best. ##VOTE: MissNiamh

Well MissNiamh you kinda slipped when you said you didn't want to slip. I don't know if you'll flip red or not but day one lunches are never the best. ##VOTE: MissNiamh
EDIT: lynches. but lunches does sound funnier.

Honestly the only way you can really slip up as town in mafia is that you're a blue and you accidentally claim. Other than that, why are you so cautious? Why should Town worry about looking scummy? If you're town then act like you think you should do. Just focus on finding scum you know? The way you say this sounds like you're very afraid to slip up. Town shouldn't be afraid to tell their true thoughts if they truly were town. Sataric basically summed up all my thoughts on you though. Also why are we even no lynching? Why were people voting for that so quick?

I cannot say that I am getting town reads on Tom just yet, but it took a while for me to trust him in the XCOM game as well and he turned out to be town there, and he's a strong player overall. It would be foolish to risk a mislynch on him - Just keep an eye on him. Something doesn't sit right with a few of the posts he has made.

Definitely this. I was so frustrated at Tom after he killed off everyone in Sunleuth who suspected him because the rest of town forgot him. I'm currently neutral about him because idk he kinda has the same vibe as town or scum? He usually doesn't start posting a lot until Day 2 or 3.

I doubt Jeremy will contribute, especially if he's just lurking. Even as scum Jeremy usually makes a checking in post, but lately he's just be quiet so maybe he wouldn't be a bad lynch either. But I do agree, MissNiamh's slip up is rather confusing and the amount of no lynch votes from some of the players who voiced that voting an inactive wouldn't be a bad idea is also confusing as well. Why not spread votes out amongst the three inactives rather than no lynching?

I don't really recall Tom to be a person who exaggerates but who knows :confused:. When I was reading his post before I came upon Jeremy's reply I called BS - he hasn't played for like 2 months and was fairly active in Mean Girls. Maybe Tom is super forgetful? idk. Though Tom keeps saying he's okay with lynching everyone so would he be okay if we lynched him??? :rolleyes:

Though I probably would feel a bit nervous about lynching Tom so early since he always acts really fking weird on Day 1. I guess maybe on Day 2 or Day 3 it will be easier to get a better judgement on him. At least in Cell Mafia he went beyond the stars and spent like 5 hours on a post! Do that again so I can laugh at you!

Jellofish is still a potential Godfather candidate but it's also entirely possible that they are just a frustrated and panicked Townie. Sid confirmed that he got the Townies name correctly, which means that two people have claimed Townie already. Very foolish if their claims are true.

Good point. And I think actually three people have hinted at being a townie, which is very annoying. Don't claim unless you're like a vote away from getting lynched. It's okay if you can't answer this Minties, but would the godfather (if there even is one) get the townie roleclaim name?

I think MissNiamh probably won't get on until a hour or two from her lynch, but as others have said she's acting very odd. ##VOTE: MissNiamh

Sid - are you not going to address anything I said in my post? Just curious why you felt the need to imply you were a townie after it was demonstrated that it's not helpful to town at all.

I am off to bed now and will be sleeping when day ends, so ##VOTE: MissNiamh. She's the most suspicious in my eyes right now.

Back