• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Battle for Mount Olympus Mafia (Game Over/Mafia Win)

Less than 30 minutes remaining to send in your actions for tonight.

Also updated yesterday's post to reflect Noodle's role PM

Last edited:
6BAflyf.png

Gandalf was sitting atop Mount Olympus in his quarters looking out at the world. He loved to watch the humans interact and create. They were his subjects, his favourites. He felt scared for the future, for should Hades win Mount Olympus in this war, there was no telling what he would do to this world. Gandalf let out a heavy sigh, running his fingers through his grey beard.

Gandalf's wife, Hera, came sauntering into his bedroom, golden gown billowing behind her. "My love, what troubles you?" she said, concern knitting her brows. Another sigh came from the king of gods and he said, "Light of my life, do not trouble yourself with it" as he gazed out on the horizon again. Hera smirked, closing the gap between them quickly. She held one of Gandalf's lighting bolts in one of her powerful hands. "Well dearheart, perhaps you should be more concerned about yourself" she said, plunging the lightning into Gandalf before he could turn in surprise. His body jerked wildly and his eyeballs melted in their sockets. Gandalf slumped over and the bedchamber was still.

A snap rang through the chamber. Hera grinned wickedly and rapidly dissolved into a sinister cloud of smoke. The smoke hung in the air for a minute, then slowly crawled out of the window and spread into nothingness. Hades, pleased with himself and his trickery, dusted off his dark robes and left the dead god to rot in the sun.

Tsundere crept wordlessly towards the inky black entrance of the Underworld. What better way to defeat Hades than to hit him while he sleeps? Tsundere's sandal-clad feet tip-toed on the river bank closer towards the open maw that would lead them down to Hades. Warm, stinking mud squished with each step, coating the bottom of Tsundere's gown in brown muck. They reached the entrance and placed a palm on the dark obsidian wall that spiraled down into the depths of the world. "Well here goes nothing" said Tsundere as they took a step forward, only to be met with a giant, sticky glob of saliva coating them head to toe. Their arms flew out, flinging the viscous substance off of them. Tsundere wiped their eyes, looking up. They were met with the 6 angry yellow eyes of Cerberus.

Cerberus growled violently, a terrible rumbling noise erupting from the hundreds of razor sharp teeth. Tsundere froze in place, legs made of stone and heart beating out of their chest. Cerberus let out another horrible noise, met with Tsundere's own screaming. All three heads lunged forward towards Tsundere. They fought over Tsundere's body, ripping and pulling as Tsundere's green-stained insides rained down on the mud.

Gandalf, Zeus (Jack-of-all-trades), was fried like a fish.

Tsundere, an Immortal, became doggie chow.

Role PMs:

Minties said:
7aw9DAG.png
Zeus (Jack-of-all-trades)
You are the king of gods after overthrowing your father, Cronus. You freed your siblings from his stomach by making him vomit them up. After drawing lots with your brothers, Hades and Poseidon, you took control of the heavens. All of the gods and goddesses residing in Mount Olympus look to you as a father figure. Being all powerful has granted you many talents, you have the following one-shot abilities: doctor protection, detective inspection, and vigilante shot. You may PM the host to use an ability at night. If your shot is blocked or overlaps with a mafia kill, then it will be refunded to you. Your inspection will return the alignment of a player. You will not be told if your protection was successful.

Your win condition is: eliminate all of the invaders trying to steal your home from you.

Minties said:
myYoCfN.png
Immortal (Townie)
You reside above the land of regular humans as the few heroes that Zeus has bestowed immortality upon. He has called you to the defense of Mount Olympus, for should it fall, your home is surely next. The gods have powers far beyond your own, so your only weapon in this battle is your voice.

Your win condition is: eliminate all of the invaders trying to steal your home from you.

Players remaining: 11/14

Mafia Remaining: 4/4

Mafia KP = 2 (# of mafia/2, rounded up)

You have 24 hours to decide who to lynch. It takes 6 to lynch. Day Two ends 3PM AEST time (10:00PM PST). Good luck.

Sorry for the late post, strapped for inspiration atm.

Rip Gandalf it sucks we lost are jack so early ;Rip Tsundere too

oh dear god

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay, this is looking really bad. From the looks of it, it's 4 scum to only 7 town left. I'm afraid that if we lynch the wrong person today, scum could even win, if they make two successful kills the next night... (I don't know the win condition for scum... I don't know if I'm supposed to know. Equal or outnumber town, was it?) :/ We should really be careful and really think this upcoming lynch through. We may or may not be able to afford another mislynch at this point.

This is not a good start. Not only did we lose a powerful role, but also two very strong players. What Marii said is absolutely right - We cannot afford to make a single mistake at this point and we have to make a successful lynch today in order to reduce Mafia KP. (Hopefully) - Do we know for sure that there's 4 Mafia members in the game, or could there be 3? If there's three then killing one off successfully today would drop KP down to one and we would hopefully be able to turn the game around! So if a detective uncovered a Mafia player tonight it'd probably be worthwhile to step forward, and then have doctors heal them the following night.

So you we have
Marii
Ryan
Sid
Sataric
Me
Jeremy
VillageDweller
Tom?
Sataric and Marii are
Clear in my eyes

I'll go ahead and share my notes and suspicions as well.

Ryan88 - Potential Mafia member with a somewhat erratic playstyle. Came across as really suspicious to me early on and that opinion has not changed, but it's been pointed out that they play this way even when Town aligned. I'd say about 50/50 percent chance of being Mafia.

Tom - Difficult to get a good read on so far. The deaths tonight also seems like targets that Tom might pick, since he knows Gandalf very well and Tsundere and him seem to have some kind of love/hate relationship thing going on that I don't quite understand. Possibly the main player pulling the strings for the Mafia team? Want to hear more from him.

ITookYourWaffles - I've always had a hard time getting solid reads on them. I think that they are indeed busy like they've said but they could still be Mafia for all we know. Worth keeping an eye on at least.

Jeremy - Been getting some mixed signals from his posts so far, but he's not one of my primary suspects right now.

Marii - Seems to be very much town aligned this game.

Feloreena - For the most part I do tend to notice what kind of role Feloreena is since we're close and know each other in real life, though it is of course harder to get a proper read with no outside-of-the-thread discussion. I think she's town though. Normally more aggressive when scum.

Sid - Not sure. Possible a Mafia goon. Claimed Townie really early and for no proper reason, if you ask me. Maybe just to be able to slide on by in the later phases of the game. Possible Godfather too.

JelloFish - Although I was suspicious of JelloFish at first, I now think that it's more likely that they are indeed a Townie than the Mafia Godfather. They were the first to claim the Immortal role, and got the name right, and although it's possible a Godfather SafeClaim I'm not as sold on that idea anymore as I was previously.

Crystal - A little bit more aggressive this time around than in previous rounds from what I gather, but I believe someone called them out to step up their game, so that could be the reason why.

Harry - Made some comments that didn't quite make complete sense to me but overall my gut instinct tell me he's probably town. He did seem slightly cocky (no offence intended!) about his performances in a previous Mafia game and leading a successful lynch there, so it's possible that he's being more daring this time around because of it. Therefore it's a chance that he's Mafia. However, it must be noted that his playstyle this time isn't particularly similar to how he played as 3rd party Scum in XCOM, in my opinion.

Conclusion: I would really like to hear more discussions taking place this day phase. I want to hear a proper defense from Ryan. And it would be nice to hear more from Tom as well. He's normally got really good instincts on calling out who's scum when he's on the Town team so hearing whom he suspects would make me feel more at ease about him.

I'll go ahead and share my notes and suspicions as well.

Ryan88 - Potential Mafia member with a somewhat erratic playstyle. Came across as really suspicious to me early on and that opinion has not changed, but it's been pointed out that they play this way even when Town aligned. I'd say about 50/50 percent chance of being Mafia.

Tom - Difficult to get a good read on so far. The deaths tonight also seems like targets that Tom might pick, since he knows Gandalf very well and Tsundere and him seem to have some kind of love/hate relationship thing going on that I don't quite understand. Possibly the main player pulling the strings for the Mafia team? Want to hear more from him.

ITookYourWaffles - I've always had a hard time getting solid reads on them. I think that they are indeed busy like they've said but they could still be Mafia for all we know. Worth keeping an eye on at least.

Jeremy - Been getting some mixed signals from his posts so far, but he's not one of my primary suspects right now.

Marii - Seems to be very much town aligned this game.

Feloreena - For the most part I do tend to notice what kind of role Feloreena is since we're close and know each other in real life, though it is of course harder to get a proper read with no outside-of-the-thread discussion. I think she's town though. Normally more aggressive when scum.

Sid - Not sure. Possible a Mafia goon. Claimed Townie really early and for no proper reason, if you ask me. Maybe just to be able to slide on by in the later phases of the game. Possible Godfather too.

JelloFish - Although I was suspicious of JelloFish at first, I now think that it's more likely that they are indeed a Townie than the Mafia Godfather. They were the first to claim the Immortal role, and got the name right, and although it's possible a Godfather SafeClaim I'm not as sold on that idea anymore as I was previously.

Crystal - A little bit more aggressive this time around than in previous rounds from what I gather, but I believe someone called them out to step up their game, so that could be the reason why.

Harry - Made some comments that didn't quite make complete sense to me but overall my gut instinct tell me he's probably town. He did seem slightly cocky (no offence intended!) about his performances in a previous Mafia game and leading a successful lynch there, so it's possible that he's being more daring this time around because of it. Therefore it's a chance that he's Mafia. However, it must be noted that his playstyle this time isn't particularly similar to how he played as 3rd party Scum in XCOM, in my opinion.

Conclusion: I would really like to hear more discussions taking place this day phase. I want to hear a proper defense from Ryan. And it would be nice to hear more from Tom as well. He's normally got really good instincts on calling out who's scum when he's on the Town team so hearing whom he suspects would make me feel more at ease about him.

oh I wasn't really serious about the ryan88 lynch thing, I know it wasn't actually a good lynch lolol

I agree on with most of these points, especially thinking Marii (and yourself) as town.

Just as a random base thought, I'm thinking the mafia team could be ryan88, Jeremy, Sid and someone else. (Possibly Crystal but idk on her rip)

ALthough just now reading through stuff, I'm more set on ryan that Jeremy.

ryan88

Well I just woke up. If I was here earlier I would say the townie name and claim but after reading the posts people don't want claims.

This stood out to me because it seems like something a mafia teammate would tell him to say. Indirectly claiming townie, and this post just reads to me as "I didn't really know the townie name, but now that someone else has, I can say I knew it!"

He also then tries to accuse Jeremy as mafia with this:
Guys, don't you think Jeremy might be scum? He voted without a reason.

which is hyprocritical considering he already did this himself.
##VOTE: MissNiamh

This just seems to me like mafia trying to latch onto little things other people do to take suspicion off of them. Ryan hasn't even provided a proper defense for himself.

Sid
Originally thought Sid was doing the same thing as ryan's townie "claim" with this quote:

well ok. I believe jello is town only because their role name lines up with mine. i was kinda mad that they just stated the role name. now scum knows what it is and can use it to hide behind. there is the slight possibility that she could be the godfather though.
I find it interesting tsun brings up ryan for a lynch canidate. then tom replies

brings up me and jello only when tsun mentioned ryan. then all of a sudden several people was just agreed with lynching one of the three of us. i find it a little sus

- - - Post Merge - - -

just flip those quotes around

Looks like a similar thing right? But now I'm not sure :(

Sorry I read it and didn't think I needed to respond. Then I went to bed. I wasn't trying to imply that I was townie. People were becoming suspicious of jello. I knew her role was legit and didn't want us to lynch a townie when we could have lynched someone that is more likely to be scum.

This makes me feel like Sid could be a legit townie.. but at the same time I think it could be Sid defending a possible mafia teammate of Jello.

JellofishXD just seems suspicious but I think they are trying their best to defend themselves. Possibly could be mafia getting frustrated at people being suspected though.

I'm positive at least one, if not two, of these three are mafia: JelloFishXD, ryan88, Sid2125

I'm positive on at least three people being town: Sataric, Marii and myself.

Now the players left are: Crystal, ITookYourWaffles, Tom, Jeremy, Feloreena.

At least two mafia are in this 5 (if not 3, from only 1 of jellofishXD, ryan88 and sid)

From ryan88 seeming to clutch on to Jeremy I feel inclined to believe he's town but I wish he would post more :<
I feel like ITookYourWaffles is town too.

Tom: honestly is just not doing much and could be doing more. I feel like he's a potential mafia right now.

i've written this after feloreenas part but i give up so like go look at his posts he kind of seems 50/50 to me

Crystal: seems to be improving, honestly willing to bet that she's town.

Feloreena: I think could be mafia. I don't know what it is but something just seems off.

But now you've implied you're a townie and have thus narrowed down potential blues for mafia to hit... Good job.

Crystal posted basically the same thing in Makar Mafia, where Crystal was Mafia. While it's pointing out mistakes.. I feel like it's just something mafia would say, even to their mafia teammate. Lo and behold, the exact same thing Crystal did in Makar Mafia to their teammate, ryan88. Bet it's the same thing right here with Feloreena and ryan88 again.

MissNiamh was acting very strange for being a townie. :/

Still a bit worried that Sid is ignoring anything I post about her.

This post here just reiterates what I was feeling earlier idk, how she talks about MissNiamh acting odd for a townie it just kind of seems like something mafia would say ok LOL

ok the end
I think it would be best to lynch either someone out of ryan88, Jellofish and Sid just to try and lower KP, but I think it would also kind of be better to lynch a stronger player. not totally sure at this point.

I would like to apologies everyone for being inactive I have a lot of projects to make before the deadline (thursday/friday) and I have to practice for chess tryouts tomorrow

I'm confused why MissNoodle didn't defend herself, if she has no time or she was sleeping then I understand. I'm not surpised that Ryan didn't explain his voting and maybe he is scared or he has a hard time to explain I want to hear a defense from Ryan, VD explained about the Jer post and bandwagoning you can see #174 (http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...lympus-Mafia&p=3595654&viewfull=1#post3595654) I'm going to agree VD's post

I'm going to vote Ryan88 (as placeholder) because for me is more suspicious than the rest.
Hey JellofishXD what do you think of Sid, do you think he is town? If so care to explain.

##Vote: Ryan88

Going to respond to VillageDweller first:

Feloreena: I think could be mafia. I don't know what it is but something just seems off.

Crystal posted basically the same thing in Makar Mafia, where Crystal was Mafia. While it's pointing out mistakes.. I feel like it's just something mafia would say, even to their mafia teammate. Lo and behold, the exact same thing Crystal did in Makar Mafia to their teammate, ryan88. Bet it's the same thing right here with Feloreena and ryan88 again.

This post here just reiterates what I was feeling earlier idk, how she talks about MissNiamh acting odd for a townie it just kind of seems like something mafia would say ok LOL

What do I have anything to do with Crystal or the Makar mafia game? I only ever communicate with Crystal during mafia games we both participate in, she's not someone I talk to or know much about. I did not play in the Makar game, nor was I an observer for that game, so I am not sure how that behaviour would relate to me in any way. Considering you played in the mafia partner game with me, I think you might have gathered that I find ryan88 rather frustrating to play with and it's annoying that most of the time when he comes in with a one-liner it's like he hasn't read the thread or thought about his actions at all. It was said several times before that post that the claiming after Jellofish shouldn't be continued, and yet we still get two afterwards. I don't think it's unreasonable or strange to be frustrated with ryan88 for that. >.<

I don't really understand your point in the last part of the post too well, but I'll try and reply anyway. If I'm completely misunderstanding just let me know. I'm not sure how it 'reiterates what you were feeling earlier' because I can't find a post of you commenting on MissNiamh's behaviour in any way before my post. And yeah, I would comment on the lynch, because I was genuinely surprised that she flipped green after how she was trying to press Jello and Sid as scum after Jello had revealed the name of her own role. Then there was her no lynch vote after being so seemingly sure one of those were scum, and the lack of any serious defense when it was really needed. Seems odd to me, and there were many other players that agreed her behaviour didn't seem to add up for a townie. It just felt like she gave up after her mistakes and wanted to 'surrender'.

It really feels like you are grasping at straws here. You agree that Sid seems suspicious and I am the only one who has brought up that Sid had been ignoring any suspicion and asked her multiple times to explain herself before. Therefore you think I am scum yet agree with me on that? That doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, last night did not go well for us at all, and Marii is certainly right that we need to be careful who we lynch today in case there are four members on the mafia team. The people eager to claim townie despite being told why it was a bad idea still stand out to me [ryan88, Jello, Sid]. It really feels like one of these players is likely to be mafia trying to hint at a townie claim to 'clear' them, despite claiming so early without needing to being very against town. ryan88 and Sid stand out more to me than Jello right now as it feels like they both thought their claiming might be a good idea to help clear them, rather than Jello's claiming being a result of him getting panicked and flustered (which I hope he improves on in future games). I would still like Jello to forward his suspicions for now though.

ryan88 is still doing his usual bandwagoning and one-liners. His comment on Jeremy's vote was pretty strange considering ryan88 was the only player that I saw voting for MissNiamh without a proper explanation as Jeremy had already written a post on his thoughts. ryan88 really needs to forward his own suspicions and step up his game now, I look forward to hearing his thoughts and suspicions (this should certainly be more than one line).

Sid is staying rather quiet and safe for now. I really hope to hear more on her thoughts as the day progresses. If she is scum she may be trying to slip by as she did in my XCOM game, therefore I would definitely like her to speak up.

I'm a little uncertain about some of the other players at the moment - Tom, Jer, and Crystal come to mind. I hope that as day goes on I can get a better read on them from their contributions.

Wow, 4 mafia in a game of 14. I just realized how many players they have on their team. Compared to my mini, with 2 out of 16!

I want to say that I'm getting a gut feeling about Tom, but then again he always gives off these vibes from my experience.

Ryan I think this will help you to get more ideas I think you have a hard time so maybe this will help (Not only Ryan but newbies as well)
*Who do you think is suspicious? Reason why you think they are suspicious? Do you have evidence against them or just an opinion?
*Do you have any plans for today? if so care to share us something and we will think about it.
*What do you think about night 1 you know something? (Any leads?)

What do I have anything to do with Crystal or the Makar mafia game? I only ever communicate with Crystal during mafia games we both participate in, she's not someone I talk to or know much about. I did not play in the Makar game, nor was I an observer for that game, so I am not sure how that behaviour would relate to me in any way. Considering you played in the mafia partner game with me, I think you might have gathered that I find ryan88 rather frustrating to play with and it's annoying that most of the time when he comes in with a one-liner it's like he hasn't read the thread or thought about his actions at all. It was said several times before that post that the claiming after Jellofish shouldn't be continued, and yet we still get two afterwards. I don't think it's unreasonable or strange to be frustrated with ryan88 for that. >.<

I don't really understand your point in the last part of the post too well, but I'll try and reply anyway. If I'm completely misunderstanding just let me know. I'm not sure how it 'reiterates what you were feeling earlier' because I can't find a post of you commenting on MissNiamh's behaviour in any way before my post. And yeah, I would comment on the lynch, because I was genuinely surprised that she flipped green after how she was trying to press Jello and Sid as scum after Jello had revealed the name of her own role. Then there was her no lynch vote after being so seemingly sure one of those were scum, and the lack of any serious defense when it was really needed. Seems odd to me, and there were many other players that agreed her behaviour didn't seem to add up for a townie. It just felt like she gave up after her mistakes and wanted to 'surrender'.

It really feels like you are grasping at straws here. You agree that Sid seems suspicious and I am the only one who has brought up that Sid had been ignoring any suspicion and asked her multiple times to explain herself before. Therefore you think I am scum yet agree with me on that? That doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, last night did not go well for us at all, and Marii is certainly right that we need to be careful who we lynch today in case there are four members on the mafia team. The people eager to claim townie despite being told why it was a bad idea still stand out to me [ryan88, Jello, Sid]. It really feels like one of these players is likely to be mafia trying to hint at a townie claim to 'clear' them, despite claiming so early without needing to being very against town. ryan88 and Sid stand out more to me than Jello right now as it feels like they both thought their claiming might be a good idea to help clear them, rather than Jello's claiming being a result of him getting panicked and flustered (which I hope he improves on in future games). I would still like Jello to forward his suspicions for now though.

ryan88 is still doing his usual bandwagoning and one-liners. His comment on Jeremy's vote was pretty strange considering ryan88 was the only player that I saw voting for MissNiamh without a proper explanation as Jeremy had already written a post on his thoughts. ryan88 really needs to forward his own suspicions and step up his game now, I look forward to hearing his thoughts and suspicions (this should certainly be more than one line).

Sid is staying rather quiet and safe for now. I really hope to hear more on her thoughts as the day progresses. If she is scum she may be trying to slip by as she did in my XCOM game, therefore I would definitely like her to speak up.

I'm a little uncertain about some of the other players at the moment - Tom, Jer, and Crystal come to mind. I hope that as day goes on I can get a better read on them from their contributions.

I agree with you about ryan88, it looked odd to me. It looked like he couldn't think of anything to say, so he copied Tom's criticism of his own vote and directed it at me. Even though I had given a reason 2 posts above my vote. This could be because he's not paying close attention to who might be scum since he is scum himself and already knows who's who. It could be a newbie scum mistake to give the impression that he's not interested in figuring out who scum is. Thoughts?

What I meant about Crystal and Makar mafia was that in that game, Crystal said what you said about the claiming townie making it easier for mafia find blues. Crystal said that to ryan88 in Makar Mafia, where they were both mafia. I was just saying its possible you could be doing the same thing here.

About the MissNiamh thing: I'd uh, actually kind of given up properly writing at this point rip me
Basically what I meant was the way you'd said that just kind of made me similarly feel to how I felt about what you were saying to Sid (explained above c:)

However the way you've replied makes me feel like you are town :> I don't think I was grasping at straws but just trying to find what I could to comment on. So far it doesn't really feel like there's been any discussion and I just wanted to bring things up.

idk what I was saying but I think I just meant I had conflicting feelings about you. Agreeing with you but also wondering if you are just saying things to your teammate. I think you seem more town-aligned to me now though.

overthinking this lol rip me but Jeremy's post seems kind of like "lol we have so many players on my team" and I think he could be mafia just trying to start some sucpisions on Tom when he perhaps knows he's town. Feloreena: I know this looks like I'm picking at straws but I genuinely believe this ;-;

- - - Post Merge - - -

omG BYE!!! POSTING WHILE IM POSTING ILL REPLY IN A MIN

- - - Post Merge - - -

I agree with you about ryan88, it looked odd to me. It looked like he couldn't think of anything to say, so he copied Tom's criticism of his own vote and directed it at me. Even though I had given a reason 2 posts above my vote. This could be because he's not paying close attention to who might be scum since he is scum himself and already knows who's who. It could be a newbie scum mistake to give the impression that he's not interested in figuring out who scum is. Thoughts?

this seems pretty true. (although I kind of had to read it twice lol) I think Jeremy ould be onto somethin but Im still weary of him idk, but bringing up Tom's criticism of him seems like a good point.

Back