• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

GFX Resources

GIMP users: how do you take an image and make it black and white? i have wondered for quite a while now and figured I would finally ask.

so I downloaded some of the C4Ds, but I dont know how to access them. Help? Like it downloads a single file that I cant open. I tried googling, but it just said to copy paste the c4ds that I cant access.

Last edited:
It's prob a .RAR or .ZIP file. You need a program to open those files. Do you have a PC or a MAC?

@WonderK
omg that looks really awesome!!! Great job!! <3 I can't stop staring ahahahaha!~ I love your smudging skills!

I posted this in my gallery, but since I also am sharing the PSD file I thought I'd post this here as well. The PSD file has over 60 layers and every layer is named with what's actually going on in the layer. Feel more than free to download this PSD file and dig around in it.

SoulEater.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Render used:
MakaSoulEater.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's the PSD file for this:
Click here

First time doing GFX stuffs
gfx_attempt_by_flutter_sama-d95nc7g.png
Can anyone give me some feedback?
It's really blurred and there is almost no focal point because of that :/. Sharpen the renders and the text a bit, and add some lighting in :). There are plenty of amazing tutorials in this thread for lighting. Hope this helped some

It's really blurred and there is almost no focal point because of that :/. Sharpen the renders and the text a bit, and add some lighting in :). There are plenty of amazing tutorials in this thread for lighting. Hope this helped some

thanks for your advice!

i couldnt find anything in the tutorials for this, but can someone explain how to use a clipping mask on a gif in photoshop? none of the tutorials i found are useful and i cant seem to add a clipping mask without messing up the gif in some way

Back