• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

do you think google translate works?

CR33P

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Cake
May Birthstone (Emerald)
i'm experimenting with my language and if i try converting it to english it doesn't make sense, vice versa
do you believe in google translate?

Nope, in my experience it's only somewhat okay for translating single words.

Nah. I tried putting in a Hindi passage that had a reasonable translation under it. Google Translate butchered it.

No. When I had to do French and German in school, I used to try to cheat on my homework with Google translate. It was kind of a dumb thing to do, but it made me question how good my teachers were at the language since they didn't notice throughout three years.

Google Translate just added Maori to it's arsenal, my native language. I just about died laughing at some of the things it butchered. Google Translate is crap.

i think google translate can help you get the idea of what people are trying to speak but not good translator :p i'd say get an online dictionary i have one on my iphone/ipad.

If you want to translate single words and extremely small phrases, Google Translate is okay. (I can't call it terrible because it still semi-makes sense if you translate things through.)

Does it work? Yeah. Is it good? No.

It's decent though. Like I can translate a paragraph in Chinese to English and its correct/understandable.

I tried a sentence and heres what came up:
Piplup is great, too Kirby
the original was piplup is cool and kirby is too
Close-enough.jpg

I found out how to write my name in japanese though
Although if you like frozen, watch this

Last edited:
Believe in it? No translation engine is perfect, but why would you not "believe in it"?

It's not a question of it works, because it does.

The question is: "does it work well?"

In some translations, it does, in most, it does not.

Last edited:
i was translating things in korean and it thought "i miss you" was "i can't go" lol not even close.

tbh it depends what language and what you're translating.

No. It is very difficult to make a program that translates accurately, and it'll probably be a while before the world sees one that works "properly", let alone perfectly.

Last edited:
After Typing in a paragraph about why we need another kirby right back at ya season, i translated it back into english and got this
So, is it weird that i can debate with myself about video games?
I'm serious, i can. I also think we should have another season of Kirby of the stars. I mean, seriously. How would the characters react to marx and magolor? Or any of the new villains? We have the two first games of the series (Kirby's dreamland and Kirby's adventure) down already. So why not have Galaxia Knight or Yin Yarn or Zero 2?
So, it is strange that I can argue with yourself about the video game?
I can, I'm serious. I also think it should be to bring another season of Kirby we. I mean seriously. How characters or will respond to magolor like Marx? Or one of the new villain? We are pushing the (adventure Kirby and dreamland Kirby) game 2 of the first in the series already. So why not have a zero or 2 Yin yarn and Galaxia knight?
So i dont think Japanese works well.
And we need a seprate thread for these hilarious examples to prevent spam in here.

Back