• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

So.. what do I do now?

Dr J

Everything is Awesome!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Cake
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Red Candy
Dusty Scroll
Ancient Lantern
Blue Candy
Yellow Candy
Green Candy
I just picked up a Hurrican H6 RC Helicopter today, charged it up and took it outside for its first flight.. and mother nature decided to prank me by having it get caught in a tree about... 30 or 40 feet up. Any ideas on how to get it down? Oh, and I should also mention there's a lovely thunderstorm coming.. I have a feeling my brand new helicopter is about to be turned into a $60 paperweight.

There's a lesson to be learned here.. probably something to do with flying only in open fields, away from evil RC vehicle eating trees... but.. I think the lesson to be learned is Mother Nature is evil.

So yeah if there's a thunderstorm coming I can't recommend you being under a tree. Lighting can strike from miles away under seemingly blue skies.

A 60 dollar paperweight is better than being dead or permanent nerve damage.

Just climb the tree and get it down, don't be such a coward.

Two problems with that.

1. I don't know how to climb a tree
2. The branches are too thin. I'd put one put on the branch and it'd snap off, sending me to the ground.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Use the force, Dr J. (Or a ladder. I guess that works, too..)

I tried.. my ladder doesn't get me up high enough(not even with the metal pole I was using to try and knock it down[stopped, of course, due to the weather]).

And now there's steady wind, which seems to be knocking the helicopter loose slowly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

throw a rock at it

Do you have any idea how hard it would be to throw a rock 30 - 40ft almost straight up into the air? Not to mention actually -hitting- the aircraft.

- - - Post Merge - - -

So yeah if there's a thunderstorm coming I can't recommend you being under a tree. Lighting can strike from miles away under seemingly blue skies.

A 60 dollar paperweight is better than being dead or permanent nerve damage.

Yup, yup. That's why I'm just periodically going out to check and see if the wind, which is slowly building up strength, has knocked it loose yet. My life is more important to me than something I can replace two weeks down the road.

Do you perhaps have any other aircraft's that could push the vehicle out without themselves getting stuck?

Do you perhaps have any other aircraft's that could push the vehicle out without themselves getting stuck?

Nope. Only things I can think of is taking some yarn, tying one end around a rock and attempting to loop that over the branch so I can shake it loose.. but I doubt I can throw the rock high enough to loop it over the branch(even with a ladder, its still a good 10ft over my head).

My other option is phoning the city for help.. but I'm being told that'll cost me $500+ just to get it down(though I fail to understand why it would be that high of a cost)

kick a soccer ball at it or something and then when it falls use the remote so it has a soft landing if that will work idk

kick a soccer ball at it or something and then when it falls use the remote so it has a soft landing if that will work idk

It'll be dead by now. It got stuck up there last night and spent the night in the tree with its power on. Around.. 2am last night, the power light was no longer lit up on it.

So I just tried a rock with yarn tied around it, which was no good. There's a branch directly in the way of the only good angle there is to even try to throw it up over the branch; and said branch grabs the yarn and stops the throw every time.. guess I just have to accept that its gone forever since I'm being told its not worth spending $50 or more to pay for a city worker to get it down(except for the whole I JUST GOT THE DAMN THING bit)

just kick it down with the soccer ball and take it back for exchange and say it was faulty and broke 8)

just kick it down with the soccer ball and take it back for exchange and say it was faulty and broke 8)

ahahah exact thoughts!
i would be throwing whatever i can get my hands on to get that darn heli down lol. return to the store and complain :rolleyes:

ahahah exact thoughts!
i would be throwing whatever i can get my hands on to get that darn heli down lol. return to the store and complain :rolleyes:

The Source isn't going to do anything, and there's nothing around here that I CAN throw up at it that won't cause damage to the tree if it gets stuck(other than an old ball, but its too light. The wind would just throw off my aim.)

That said.. I guess I'll just have to accept that I lost a $120 - $150 RC Helicopter in a tree and its not coming down until there's enough weight on the branch to finally knock it down; in the mean time, we'll get fined for it causing damage to the elm tree once its internal battery starts leaking acid.

But that's the road my mother would rather take. Pay to have the helicopter 'rescued' from the tree, or wait until the city fines us for causing damage to an elm tree.

Last edited:
Liberation Day is at hand! My helicopter has been rescued! (As my grandfather put it, Black Hawk Down no more)

Back