• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

whimsy

perfect peach 🍑✨
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0118-0130-0745
Heart of the Forest
Green Star Fragment
Dreamy Bear Plush
Black Famous Mushroom
Friday the 13th Candy
Voodoo Doll
Spring Sakura
Purple Bat Potion
Pavé
Spring Shamrock
if this post applies to you please contact me!! so far nobody else has come forth so i'm not taking further action at this time :3 xx

posting this on here because possibly other people have this same issue as well?? so i entered into an art trade with this girl literally in april. for my bit i had to make a sprite of an OC of hers (obviously i had to start from scratch since it's an original character and it literally took me ages) and i finished it and sent it over like… the next day pretty much. she never responded or gave me feedback on it or anything and after a while she closed her thread and took down the list of forum users who were waiting for art from her, myself included. still i assumed she would eventually get around to it or had stopped coming to the forum or something but after several months i decided i would check it out and message her to remind her of our trade if she was still active because what she'd asked me to do had taken me quite a long time. she had posted that very same day so i messaged her with my half of the trade again and asked what was up (all she had to do for mine was make a few edits to a chibi base she already had, as a pixel artist i would estimate it probably would have taken her like 30 minutes at maximum) and she told me she'd get it done soon. this was almost exactly a month ago. she's been very active on here, coming on the forum for hours at a time quite frequently so obviously she has the time to get this done for me. i wouldn't care AT ALL if i hadn't already done quite a lot of work for her. i'm an artist on here too and i know that you simply can't get everything done for everybody but when somebody has already paid me for something i definitely make it a priority and would never even consider putting it off to this extent. am i crazy to be annoyed by this?

personal disclaimer: if you have not read this entire post please do not respond.

Last edited:
I'd say you have every right to be annoyed with the situation. What about the other person? I don't know. Maybe she had some personal issues going on in real life. She might have her reasons.

please read the whole post before responding! i do not feel i am being inconsiderate in the slightest at this point.

Well, yeah, she could have had real life problems going on, but if you have the time to come on here for hours every day, then I feel like you have the time to take a minute and message someone letting them know that you won't be able to do something, or that you're going to be busy.
Honestly, I feel like you're being ripped off. I feel like she got her end of the deal and isn't planning on fulfilling your end, and I would be mad, too. I get things done as soon as I can, but I don't expect other people to do the same (and I'm sure you don't), but months without a word or any replies or any kind of notification is kind of ridiculous.

You should try to talk about such a problem to a mod privately, I am pretty sure the mod will help you resolve such a problem. Exposing your problem to the community won't help.

tl;dr

but yeah just talk to the moderators or whatever if you have problems

I'm really sorry that this happened.
In the future, you may want to trade art at the same time? I think you could work something out.
You could just remind her a couple of weeks at a time, I'm sure she'll get around to it sooner or later.
However, if she has time to go on the forum for hours at a time, I don't think she's doing it because of personal issues. I think it's because she's procrastinating. Just don't worry about it.

If you still have trouble, rant to a moderater :D

Last edited:
I think it's ok to feel annoyed. She should have the audacity to take 30 seconds out of her hours on here to at least pm you back. I think even a "no, I don't have it" is better than nothing (well, at this point and that's just me)

I don't want to start conflict with the person for no good reason which is why I'm posting here about her anonymously to see if anybody else is in the same boat thereby making it worth going to a moderator about. I thought I had made that clear but evidently not?

- - - Post Merge - - -

and thank you to everybody with supportive comments!! xx

Witch hunts don't help anyone.

this I agree with, making threads about issues you have on the site aren't always the best solution, you will have your issue sorted if you take this to the staff.

#firstworldproblems

feel free to sell your own worldly possessions any time there buddy lmaoooo god seriously trolling an animal crossing forum?

- - - Post Merge - - -

people on this forum are seriously nasty sometimes like i do not get the appeal of replying to a thread when you haven't even read the first post let alone without any helpful commentary lmfao wow. anyway evidently nobody else has had issues with this person. i paid for something i did not receive. it's hilarious to me that people have a problem with me making a thread about that lmfao especially since there are several others of the same type in this same board right this very moment? the list of people including myself who had already paid was taken down as if it had never existed. i didn't know how many other people on that list had also already paid and i didn't remember any of their names so excuse the hell out of me for trying to locate them lmfao not that anyone who's come here just to be cruel will even bother coming back after they're already spread their rudeness here. goodness gracious. i will not be contacting a mod about this because i'm not petty lmfao but thanks so much anyway.

feel free to sell your own worldly possessions any time there buddy lmaoooo god seriously trolling an animal crossing forum?

- - - Post Merge - - -

people on this forum are seriously nasty sometimes like i do not get the appeal of replying to a thread when you haven't even read the first post let alone without any helpful commentary lmfao wow. anyway evidently nobody else has had issues with this person. i paid for something i did not receive. it's hilarious to me that people have a problem with me making a thread about that lmfao especially since there are several others of the same type in this same board right this very moment? the list of people including myself who had already paid was taken down as if it had never existed. i didn't know how many other people on that list had also already paid and i didn't remember any of their names so excuse the hell out of me for trying to locate them lmfao not that anyone who's come here just to be cruel will even bother coming back after they're already spread their rudeness here. goodness gracious. i will not be contacting a mod about this because i'm not petty lmfao but thanks so much anyway.
that escalated quickly

send them a negative wifi rating?? :confused:

that escalated quickly

send them a negative wifi rating?? :confused:

right like i do not understand the obsession with spreading negativity all over stuff you don't even understand??? anyway i'm not out to punish her or seek revenge i'm just trying to find out if there are other people from the list i mentioned who had also paid already and had also not received their art. it was a seriously massive list and some of the prices went up quite high. if it's only me i can deal with it on my own and i don't want any mods involved but if i have an opportunity to advocate for others who have also been the victims of unfairness then i will. so far nobody from the list has come forth, i've literally only had people implying i'm being bratty even though i worked my arse off for something she didn't even bat an eye at and there are literally several other threads on this board about the exact same thing. like that's kind of what's it's for. lmao

Whimsy, just get staff involved. You're gonna start a lot more conflict if you don't, and it's not worth it when all you need to do is get it sorted out by a member of staff.

Hun, sometimes it's hard for people to sympathize with a stranger. So yes, this community can be quite hostile. However, I hear you and you are most definitely being unfairly treated. If she received it and says she's satisfied with it, then she needs to hold up her end of the deal. She owes you and everyone else at the very least an explanation as to why she is active but not fulfilling her outstanding orders.

With that said, going to a staff member and getting this sorted is your only option if you've already tried to fix it yourself.

Last edited:
right like i do not understand the obsession with spreading negativity all over stuff you don't even understand??? anyway i'm not out to punish her or seek revenge i'm just trying to find out if there are other people from the list i mentioned who had also paid already and had also not received their art. it was a seriously massive list and some of the prices went up quite high. if it's only me i can deal with it on my own and i don't want any mods involved but if i have an opportunity to advocate for others who have also been the victims of unfairness then i will. so far nobody from the list has come forth, i've literally only had people implying i'm being bratty even though i worked my arse off for something she didn't even bat an eye at and there are literally several other threads on this board about the exact same thing. like that's kind of what's it's for. lmao

Chances are it's not only just you, but perhaps the others have simply forgotten about it unlike you? Either way, you're still waiting for the complete trade to be finished and that's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back