• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Best Fairy Type?

LindseyKate04

incapable of terraforming
Bells
Red Lily
New Horizons Token
Red Candy
So I'm building my team on X and I can't decide which fairy type would be best, or if I should even have one. The only Pokemon that I have set in stone for my team are a 6IV Ninetales and 5IV Greninja (both with HA). I'm thinking that a mega Mawile would be a good choice as steel types have such great defense against so many different types. I would appreciate hearing any input that anyone has :)

Personally my favorite fairy type is Sylveon by far, but alot of people really like Gardevoir too. It kinda comes down to preference I guess xD
My Sylveon turned out reallyyy strong, she's pretty amazing; when you train her right anyway. I did the special training with her xD

Azumarill and Mawile were my favorites. Both have great move sets.

Mawile, yes, yes, yes. Use Mawile.

Too bad the only physical fairy move is Play Rough...

Let me do my run down on options of Fairy types that were not mentioned but still very useful!

Togekiss: VERY BULKY and can become a sweeper or with the use of Paraflinch >_>

Aromatisse: Can be a very good Sp.DEF Wall and can be used on a Trick Room team, otherwise, it can be used as a Cleric!

Clefable: Another good Wall, can either become a sweeper or just a staller (Soft Boiled+Toxic!!!)

Slurpuff: Wall

Whimsicott: This lil guy can be used to set up with that amazing speed! Can also be used as a sweeper but its not recommended

Carbink: Wall, can become a sweeper as well :p

Klefki: THE PARAFUSE IS REAAAAAL (TWave+Swagger)

Well, for my run through Pokemon Y, I had a Florges on my team ever since I caught it as a Flabebe really early on in the game. I really liked Florges, and I think it's pretty good. It really helped my team a lot.

Azumarill and Gardevoir are pretty good in battle. The latter for being a speed special sweeper.

im partial towards granbull <3
i run a banded one

though i agree azumarill and mawile are great

Gardevoir and Mawile for me. I used Gardevoir throughout the game and it never failed me. Mawile was already a great Pokemon and a good addition to the Fairy type.

But if you want something that is ridiculously broken, use Klefki.

I'm planning to use MegaGardevoir, I bred a few HA ones & gave them Hyper Voice in W2. That Pixilate ability in X is really gonna help...

Let me do my run down on options of Fairy types that were not mentioned but still very useful!

Togekiss: VERY BULKY and can become a sweeper or with the use of Paraflinch >_>

Aromatisse: Can be a very good Sp.DEF Wall and can be used on a Trick Room team, otherwise, it can be used as a Cleric!

Clefable: Another good Wall, can either become a sweeper or just a staller (Soft Boiled+Toxic!!!)

Slurpuff: Wall

Whimsicott: This lil guy can be used to set up with that amazing speed! Can also be used as a sweeper but its not recommended

Carbink: Wall, can become a sweeper as well :p

Klefki: THE PARAFUSE IS REAAAAAL (TWave+Swagger)

Sylveon: Good special wall, weak to physical, wrecked by super effective. Can put up light screen and good sweeper with calm mind set.

Back