• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

anime or manga?

I prefer manga, because I've been more preferential to the feel of a book- plus it's more portable.

Personally, I disagree, haha. My laptop and phone are more portable than any book I have, to be honest. I can watch anime on my phone or read manga on my phone. It's more compact. A book is kind of odd to carry around, unless I have a bag. Anime can be just as portable as manga.

I prefer manga since I can leave off anywhere I wish. Also, so I can read it on my phone in class when I'm supposed to do work, eheh.

Manga costs money and I can watch anime from my phone plus sound and color so I prefer anime.

manga because the art is almost always so much more beautiful
manga tends to continue after its anime counterpart ends
and the manga version of the story is 100% of the time better than the anime one

It depends! If it's an involved series with a deep plot, I usually go for the manga because I tend to focus and pick up on the details more. After I finish the manga I end up watching the anime adaption at some point. With Attack on Titan, I didn't really get the chance because someone hit up my Skype and pretty much forced me to watch it right then and there. That's the only exception, I think.

If it's more of a cutesy show, like Chi's New Home or PoyoPoyo (best show ever, by the way) I tend to go for the anime and then the manga adaption, because episodes like those are only two to five minutes long and they're perfect for when you're in bed and about to fall asleep. Also mainly because the original Japanese voices just complete the whole experience, and you get all the cute little 'kawaii' sound effects. :)

I love both, but I prefer anime since manga is in black and white, sometimes it can be hard to distinguish what's going on in a panel and it screws with my focus on what just happened.
Also anime is easier to find online and I'm short on money.

Last edited:
Manga = anime; subs > dubs most of the time.
I'm OK with dubs usually, though sooo~

I totally prefer watching anime. Only few of my fave series are translated in english and I hate reading manga online..

Manga, it is quicker to skip pages if you don't like it :)
And it is more discreet to read than watching ~

I prefer manga since in anime some parts are cut out ; w; like a book and a movie - rolls away -

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh and I prefer subbed than dubbed XD It just ruins it when it's dubbed, I dunno XD

I'd prefer anime, just because of how they're going to pull it off from the manga (If I've managed to read it) and how well the adaptation is.
Manga is great to read, but really hard to get when you want this one manga volume (AKA, the Keroro Gunso/SGT. Frog Manga).

I always prefer the manga - unless it was originally from a light novel, then i prefer the anime (like Code Geass, SAO, Hyouka, Toradora, Oreimo, etc.) because I guess when it's from a light novel, they go like this: light novel > anime > manga (which is the least cared about/continued). But if it's originally from a mangaka, I will always go for the manga.

The only time I would actually really watch the anime is for the fights because I'm still slow on this. Like sometimes when I see fighting scenes in the manga, I don't even know half the things they're doing. Especially for Attack on Titan, omfg, it looks like the titans are breakdancing, I'm so confused. But in terms of expressions, words, inner thoughts, and background, I prefer the manga because it's always more detailed. And since the anime gets stopped like in the middle of nowhere (ffs), I always end up going to the manga anyway so.

Ah, it depends on what I'm watching.
Shingeki no Kyojin didn't miss too much, and things like Ilse's Notebook were put into an OVA, so that makes up for what is missed.
But then there's Elfen Lied where the anime cut off at the worst possible moment and was, presumably, cancelled.

I always prefer the manga - unless it was originally from a light novel, then i prefer the anime (like Code Geass, SAO, Hyouka, Toradora, Oreimo, etc.) because I guess when it's from a light novel, they go like this: light novel > anime > manga (which is the least cared about/continued). But if it's originally from a mangaka, I will always go for the manga.

The only time I would actually really watch the anime is for the fights because I'm still slow on this. Like sometimes when I see fighting scenes in the manga, I don't even know half the things they're doing. Especially for Attack on Titan, omfg, it looks like the titans are breakdancing, I'm so confused. But in terms of expressions, words, inner thoughts, and background, I prefer the manga because it's always more detailed. And since the anime gets stopped like in the middle of nowhere (ffs), I always end up going to the manga anyway so.

^ x200% what you said n_n Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

As for ONE PIECE, I follow the scanlation when I can, and I also buy the individual manga, as we have a Japan Town in here.
(and it's disheartening to hear about Oda-Sensei hospitalized again. Old new, yes, I know. With that sort of workload and pressure, I wouldn't be surprised it is gonna take a toll on his health.) -__-

Also wanted to rant about D.Gray-man manga but I won't

I always prefer anime. I get really bored reading manga. Attack on Titan is the only exception.

Last edited:
I'm good with both Manga and Anime.

I prefer subbed, since dubbed voices sound terrible. (People who watch dubbed usually go around pronouncing all the names wrong X^X)

The only anime I'm into is Hetalia, and I can't find anywhere/place that has the manga or webcomic. :I

You just haven't been looking hard enough. Here you go.

Last edited:
Back