• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

anime or manga?

CaptainCrunch

♥️ willow lover ♥️
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Yellow Candy
Cake
i want to know what peoples opinions are- if they like anime or manga more?
it doesn't really matter what series- but i'm more or less talking about a series that was originally a manga then turned into anime, which do you usually like better?
i usually like manga better than the anime adaption, but thats just me! c:

what do you guys think? uvu

and also- side question- dubs or subs if you prefer anime?
personally i like both c:

Last edited:
manga
anime takes forever for me to watch
reading is so much better anyway

I like manga because i guess i like reading, and you can read at your own pace other than anime where you have to watch it? ( made zero sense jfc sorry) Usually the anime changes a lot of things that happened in the manga.╮(─▽─)╭

I like reading the manga better because anime either changes things or leaves things out or both.

I like anime better because I prefer listening to the cutsie Japanese voices and watching the animation and fangasming over it. x3 But I like reading the manga to compare the two together.

If I REALLY like a series I'll read the manga, visual novel or whatever else and then watch the anime, movie, OVAs, etc.

I fell out of my otaku phase half a year ago. I used to like anime but manga was always preferred. I still buy manga and light novels of the series I really like. Higurashi and Umineko take up like a whole shelf >.<

If the anime is an adaptation of a manga, I usually prefer to read the manga. If it's an original anime that got a manga adaptation, I watch the anime.

Manga, since it's usually more updated/longer than anime.

manga, i prefer to know what going on and spotting the differences when watching anime though

Manga. I like anime, too but most of the time I play catch-up a lot. Plus when it's anime adapted from a manga/video game, it irks me a little when they leave things out, or speed through the plot. Though, I get over it easily, and enjoy what there is, the animation style, and the music.

it depends
usually anime though since reading manga is pretty boring for me

The only anime I'm into is Hetalia, and I can't find anywhere/place that has the manga or webcomic. :I

Last edited:
Definitely manga. Hands down.
Scanlations are great, yet nothing beats the actual tankōbon in hand <3 <3

...I like the new book smell and feel too >///<

If we're comparing, like, anime vs. manga versions of the same series, it really depends on... well, if the anime adaptation is good. (Obviously. lol) Well, it's really hard for me to make a generalization about something like this. The world of anime/manga is too broad... There are good anime adaptations, just as there are bad ones. It mostly depends on what I'm in the mood for, honestly, but if I had to pick one...

Personally, I'd have to go with anime, I guess. I like watching the characters moving around and such... it makes them really come to life, and some subtle movements/motions/effects just can't be properly depicted with still images. It better portrays characters' interactions with each other, and therefore their relationships with each other. (Though, there is enjoyment in reading the comics and imagining the scenes playing out in your head, as with reading books that are strictly text. Manga, which is kind of in the middle of that spectrum, is kind of odd, though. I'd prefer either extreme, depending on what I'm in the mood for.)

And having sounds/music is really a plus for me. I'm a sucker for anime/shows/movies that have great soundtracks. (Music appreciator over here.)

Anime is a more versatile medium and has greater potential than manga because of the animation and the sounds. Manga has a very classic feel to it, and sometimes anime adaptations don't do the original justice (by following the manga's plot-line inaccurately/changing things, adding fillers, etc.) but overall, as a medium, my vote has to go to anime. I don't mind things like fillers that much. They're often enjoyable.

On a side note, while anime has so much potential, it's sad to see how people can sometimes corrupt it because of the high demand for viewers and money. I think excessive fan-service and things like that really detract from the plot-line. If I wanted to see half-naked chicks, I'd look for them elsewhere, not while I'm trying to enjoy the show and what's happening in the story. Also, many times, the voice actors have really irritating voices for the sake of "cuteness". The over-sexualization in anime is really overdone. Like, random cleavage shots really contribute nothing to the plot. I guess it's the same issue as with my preference of books or anime/tv shows vs. manga/comics - I prefer either extreme of the spectrum rather than something in-between. Eh, despite all of this, anime has my vote.

(I accidentally wrote a novel. Oops.)

I love watching anime because...it doesn't require a lot of effort, but manga is almost always better.

If we're comparing, like, anime vs. manga versions of the same series, it really depends on... well, if the anime adaptation is good. (Obviously. lol) Well, it's really hard for me to make a generalization about something like this. The world of anime/manga is too broad... There are good anime adaptations, just as there are bad ones. It mostly depends on what I'm in the mood for, honestly, but if I had to pick one...

Personally, I'd have to go with anime, I guess. I like watching the characters moving around and such... it makes them really come to life, and some subtle movements/motions/effects just can't be properly depicted with still images. It better portrays characters' interactions with each other, and therefore their relationships with each other. (Though, there is enjoyment in reading the comics and imagining the scenes playing out in your head, as with reading books that are strictly text. Manga, which is kind of in the middle of that spectrum, is kind of odd, though. I'd prefer either extreme, depending on what I'm in the mood for.)

And having sounds/music is really a plus for me. I'm a sucker for anime/shows/movies that have great soundtracks. (Music appreciator over here.)

Anime is a more versatile medium and has greater potential than manga because of the animation and the sounds. Manga has a very classic feel to it, and sometimes anime adaptations don't do the original justice (by following the manga's plot-line inaccurately/changing things, adding fillers, etc.) but overall, as a medium, my vote has to go to anime. I don't mind things like fillers that much. They're often enjoyable.

On a side note, while anime has so much potential, it's sad to see how people can sometimes corrupt it because of the high demand for viewers and money. I think excessive fan-service and things like that really detract from the plot-line. If I wanted to see half-naked chicks, I'd look for them elsewhere, not while I'm trying to enjoy the show and what's happening in the story. Also, many times, the voice actors have really irritating voices for the sake of "cuteness". The over-sexualization in anime is really overdone. Like, random cleavage shots really contribute nothing to the plot. I guess it's the same issue as with my preference of books or anime/tv shows vs. manga/comics - I prefer either extreme of the spectrum rather than something in-between. Eh, despite all of this, anime has my vote.

(I accidentally wrote a novel. Oops.)

I agree so much with this! I love it when an anime adaption really leaves a mark on me with the soundtrack or storyline, and I'm not too fond of fan service, honestly, nudity I'm okay with if it doesn't really turn into an issue, if that makes any sense?
If it is just purely for fanservice it gets extremely annoying, but if it just nudity it's okay because it's just a body, nothing really that exciting. ( sorry if that didn't make sense, it's hard to describe ;; )

But I agree so much with this! There is good and bad animes/revamps/adaptions, and usually, most of them are good! I just prefer manga because usually there is some great stories within them but in the anime's they either cut them short or just trash the stories all together, which to some can make no difference but some stories are just too good to just throw off you know?

Thanks for sharing your opinion! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

manga
anime takes forever for me to watch
reading is so much better anyway

Haha true! I can never find enough time to finish an anime series, at least with a manga series I can read it easily and not worry about time management and if I'll get behind on it haha

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like manga because i guess i like reading, and you can read at your own pace other than anime where you have to watch it? ( made zero sense jfc sorry) Usually the anime changes a lot of things that happened in the manga.╮(─▽─)╭

Totally true!

I agree so much with this! I love it when an anime adaption really leaves a mark on me with the soundtrack or storyline, and I'm not too fond of fan service, honestly, nudity I'm okay with if it doesn't really turn into an issue, if that makes any sense?
If it is just purely for fanservice it gets extremely annoying, but if it just nudity it's okay because it's just a body, nothing really that exciting. ( sorry if that didn't make sense, it's hard to describe ;; )

But I agree so much with this! There is good and bad animes/revamps/adaptions, and usually, most of them are good! I just prefer manga because usually there is some great stories within them but in the anime's they either cut them short or just trash the stories all together, which to some can make no difference but some stories are just too good to just throw off you know?

Thanks for sharing your opinion! :)

Heh, yep... It doesn't tend to be that big of an issue with shorter mangas, though, from my experience.

Back