• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

do you bother 100%ing games?

i'm playing skyward sword and trying to 100% everything can be so stressful. i think it's easier when you don't care about these things but i get so annoyed knowing that i'm not done. do you guys even bother to 100% your games?

NECRO BOARD

Depends on the game. With games like Kid Icarus: Uprising where you have to play chapters over and over again to get all the achievements (I'm talking to you, Hades's Treasure Hunt), I really wouldn't bother since I don't have the game. With things like Pokemon where you have friends to help you, it's not as tedious. But I'm never going for a 100% Pokedex, I'm probably going to complete it anyways because I'm doing a Wonderlocke.

I enjoy finishing off most of my Legend of Zelda games to 100% completion.

I was able to fully complete the 100 Gold Skulltula Sidequest and I have EXTREMELY patiently persevered through the annoying Gerudo Archery Contest with over 2,000 points without rage quitting on the game Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. :)

Last edited:
I enjoy finishing off most of my Legend of Zelda games to 100% completion.

I was even able to manage to fully complete the 100 Gold Skulltula Sidequest and EXTREMELY patiently perservere through the annoying Gerudo Archery Contest with over 2,000 points without rage quitting on the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. :)

I can't tell if it's some thing that happened to me over time, or the games are just SO different, but even though there was no ultimate end game reward in Zelda OOT, at the end I felt extremely awesome when I collected every skulltula/item (and almost drank myself to death when I found out I could never get the ice arrows on that file because I took a wrong turn). I don't feel so cool when 100%ing games any more.

Either I don't find games as fun any more, or they're actually not as fun. I really really miss Rare's Nintendo days. Games like Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Conkers BFD, etc etc. Those games were fun as heck to 100%.

Last edited:
I have played a lesser known video game for the Sony PlayStation One called The Adventures of Alundra and that game is about an elf boy protagonist that is aptly named Alundra who is a part of a Dreamwalkers Clan and can freely enter people's dreams.

The antagonist's name is Melzas and he is a demon that can enter people's dreams and he causes nightmares that ends up actually killing the person that is having the nightmare if they are not saved within the nightmare by Alundra...

There are these items known as Gilded Falcons and Life Vessels and some of these can be in dreams and nightmares and are able to become permanently missed if you have not collected them before Alundra fights the boss of the nightmare.

There are a lot of deaths within the Adventures of Alundra and the priest of the church that you'd think would be a good guy ends up killing the nice, yet lonely person named Jess who kindly took Alundra in as his guest as Alundra was washed up on the beach at the start of the game due to a shipwreck and quite badly hurt.

A lot later in the story and heading towards the end of the storyline, the priest I mentioned above named Ronan gets turned into a demon as he was secretly following Melzas and Ronan is one of the later bosses that you fight near the end of the game.

I was able to 100% complete everything within the main storyline of The Adventures of Alundra and I got every single Gilded Falcon and Life Vessel except for the last couple as they were prizes in a gambling area and I am not good at winning randomised games.

*looks at post above* I have wrote almost an essay about The Adventures of Alundra.... o_O
It is not very often that I do such a quality post on ANY website/forum...
But hey, The Adventures of Alundra is my favourite PS1 game and it had a fantastic, albeit horrific storyline.

I've only ever beaten a small, small fraction of the games I own, let alone completed them. Lately I've been working on 100% completing a few though, Paper Mario, Pokemon FireRed, a few more. I actually did Final Fantasy I (GBA *cough*) 100% a few days ago. Ugh...that bestiary and those bonus dungeons...*grumble grumble* Never again.

Depends the game, when i was a console gamer (PS3) i usually would do 100% to get all the trophy, but then i move to PC and i only have complete 10 games at 100%. But really depends the game difficulty to 100%.

Depends on the game and how much time I have and how many other games I have to play.

Also if there is really complicated tasks involved, like kingdom hearts games, I get uninterested very quickly.

I try to but I've yet to do it!

I 100% certain things in games. Like for instance I just finished Ocarina of Time. I got all 100 gold skulltulas, but there was no way I could get all the heart pieces because of the frogs.
And like Animal Crossing. I'll 100% the bugs and fish, but not furniture.

I occasionally try, but a lot of the time, my skill with the game is dependant, to say the least. I can be great at one aspect of it, but struggle at another. In that case, I just do what I can and leave what I can't.

I prefer to 100% games, I have no idea why. I think it's because I used to play those Spyro the Dragon games as a kid and I loved 100%ing them.

It depends, but I rarely do. One of the few games I 100% is the first Professor Layton Game and recently completed the Pokedex and a living dex in Pokemon.

Back