• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Most Overplayed IRC Mafia Setups

Most Overplayed IRC Mafia Setup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Spring Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Zipper Sakura
Spring Sakura
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Vote for which setup you feel is most overplayed on #belltreemafia IRC Mafia. Looking into day restrictions on some overplayed ones to enforce variety.

From most overplayed to least overplayed:

1. luigi
2. kingmaker
3. tie insane and wacky
4. terrorists
5. delicious cake

Why is there no cocopotato

But yeah, I feel like Kingmaker is played a bit too often for my tastes.

Kingmaker and Terrorists. I'm sure atleast half the IRC games I've played altogether are terrorists and kingmaker.

Whenever I visit #belltreemafia it's almost always terrorist or kingmaker.

Kingmaker, I guess... Gets kind of old when most things are left up to chance, lol.

With that said, I don't think kingmaker or any of the setups are overplayed enough for day restrictions. I think if people really feel that some setups are overplayed, and therefore don't want to play because of it, they should just speak up and say they want to play some different setups. I'm sure that people would vote to stop the game if people expressed their feelings. I don't really think day restrictions should be necessary... I mean, if I suddenly get the feeling that I want to play kingmaker on a Thursday, it'd suck to not be allowed to just because it was overplayed in the past. I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the matter. I'm not sure if day restrictions are the best way to handle this situation.

Kingmaker, I guess... Gets kind of old when most things are left up to chance, lol.

With that said, I don't think kingmaker or any of the setups are overplayed enough for day restrictions. I think if people really feel that some setups are overplayed, and therefore don't want to play because of it, they should just speak up and say they want to play some different setups. I'm sure that people would vote to stop the game if people expressed their feelings. I don't really think day restrictions should be necessary... I mean, if I suddenly get the feeling that I want to play kingmaker on a Thursday, it'd suck to not be allowed to just because it was overplayed in the past. I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the matter. I'm not sure if day restrictions are the best way to handle this situation.

Noted.

Think I'm gonna hold on implementing anything right now and just observe a bit longer to see if it's necessary. I just don't think it's very fun if a single setup is beat to death over and over.

I'm fine with Luigi because it's random and different every time. But terrorists is really, really stale now, every time someone would demand it, I'd just groan and groan.

I like Luigi, but one of the most annoying things is role swaps. You're like wooo I got a cool role! And then before you can use it, it's swapped. And then maybe it happens next turn too. I think that setup could be improved if role swapping / shuffling / changing / etc. could be limited.

I'm fine with Luigi because it's random and different every time. But terrorists is really, really stale now, every time someone would demand it, I'd just groan and groan.

Same. And I've actually not been playing those games whenever they've been started. I'm surprised people voted for kingmaker more because terrorists is a far worse setup.

Same. And I've actually not been playing those games whenever they've been started. I'm surprised people voted for kingmaker more because terrorists is a far worse setup.
I definitely would have chosen terrorists had the poll been multi-choice.

And why did Jellofish vote for deliciouscake? The setup has only been played less than 5 times. (And plus I don't see her on the irc :rolleyes:)

I don't know if this is possible, but PERHAPS you could make a counter in the bot, so that when the bot reaches X amount of a certain set-up played in a day, then that set-up cannot be played until the end of the day.

can we please keep terrorists setup i love it

btw nerf kingmaker because im always the damn km

Back