• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What games do you regret buying?

Taycat

:3
Bells
July Birthstone (Ruby)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
As the title says.
I regret buying Mario Party Island Tour.
I just think it's really short. I haven't touched it since I bought it and played it for a few days.

That game got bad reviews aaallll the way around. I almost bought two copies for the b1g1 at Best Buy but forgot to.

I think I would say I regret buying a LOT of games in my backlog. Atelier Meruru comes to mind because I paid full price and it was totally not my thing. Oh yeah, also $150 for Metal Gear Revengeance Special Edition. TOTAL REGRET.

I'd never buy special editions for games that I don't have previous experience with.
I mean, sure, I'll miss out on some great art in an art book, but I can find said art on the internet at a later date, so why bother?

And if I had read the reviews for Island Tour, I would have had more money, ugh. I enjoyed it, sure, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I would have if it was a full game. It just feels like half a game to me. Especially with me and my experience with playing Mario Party 8.

I'm not sure if I regret buying it, but I do wish I hadn't bought Tomodachi Life at full price. It's a fun game but it's not worth 45 euro, that's for sure.

Well, MGR's LE came with a plasma lamp fashioned as Raiden's sword.

I understand where you're coming from about the special editions. I'm personally not too into art books either (they're good as pre-order bonuses, but unless its hardbound, I don't care for them part of the SE package). Kojima and Metal Gear was a pretty good chance though, I thought. $150 was just so steep!

Rumble Blast
To my sister thanks for wasting dad's money well on the bright side someone is gonna give me $15.

I regret buying Rayman 3D.
Seriously, other than being another boring port of Rayman 2.
I've payed full price for that game for a broken and unfinished mess. I would rather waste that money on Rayman Revolution.
Another game that I regret buying is the Wii U version of Epic Mickey 2, don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game or anything.
It's just that the Wii U version has a terrible framerate and lags terribly, and it has that one glitch in which you're stuck in limbo and you have to restart the entire game. (Thankfully I never ran into it, so I'm good for now)

I just got Mario Island Tour for buy one get one.
It is a shame it was between that or Disney Magical World.

Anyway, I regret buying Spyro Enter the Dragonfly that game was broken.

I regret buying Guild Wars 2, that game took up too much time of my life and money. Never want to play an MMO ever again.

Mario Kart 8. I hated that game.

Lol jk it's fantastic <3

Harvest Moon Magical Melody lol I couldn't get into it, tried again several years later and still couldn't, finally sold it for like five dollars. I liked every other HM game I ever played so idgi. There's some games I wish I hadn't paid full price for - Code of Princess and PMD: Gates to Infinity come to mind. I like them, just not enough to justify having almost 100 bucks less in my wallet. :T (got the deluxe edition of code of princess haha)

Mario Kart 8. I hated that game.

Lol jk it's fantastic <3

It doesn't look all that great... I don't think I'll be buying it after all.

Oh, I didn't notice the hidden message, lol.

Last edited:
Powerpuff Girls: Chemical Xtraction for N64.
It was fun but... no.

I regret buying Donkey Kong Country Returns digitally.

All of them for my 3ds except new leaf and Disney magical world, but only because the others never get played.

I regret purchasing a couple of the small Eshop gameson 3DS.
I can't remember their names, but one had you shooting arrows at enemies and laying traps.
The other had you going through floors and killing monsters with a limited amount of monsters, items, and potions.
Once they were gone, they were gone.
And you had to be LUCKY to get good stuff.

I try to avoid buying games I don't like, and I didn't buy Pokemon X, I got it free with some Club Nintendo promotion, but I really hated it and I wish I never saw the offer.

Back