Do you play as your own gender?

I've considered being female with a male character only because I like several of the male hairstyles and it's easier to have them all up front, especially since I only like one of the female ones :")

Girl with a girl mayor. She does wear a lot of the boys clothing that CT thinks is weird.
Doesn't help that her name is Mcnugget.

Girl with a girl mayor: She's named after my full first name in real life, and designed after -you guessed it- me. I have a second cartridge, which is currently being unused at the moment because my main town is still so new, it's a teetering baby crawling at only a couple days old. I will start up and make a second town on my second cartridge when I feel my main town is starting to get a bit slower, more completed, etc.. I will then most likely make my mayor male, just for the hell of it. I mean, it could be a refreshing change, seeing the game from the opposite genders point of view.
I also am planning on having 3 pattern mules in my main town, as I have tons of ideas for pathways and accents that require tons of pattern slots. I'm thinking of having 1 female mule and 2 males, so it's a 1:1 gender ratio, however.. it might be cool to have three chicks and a guy in my main, and one chick and three dudes in my second. We'll see.

In two towns I have one of each gender as mayor. I'm a girl and one is a girl mayor, and I have a town that has a male mayor. It doesn't really matter to me in games as a lot of times you don't have a choice.

Yes. I only have one character and one town too so, yuppers.
I often play as my own gender when I play games.

Last edited:
I'm nonbinary and have a male mayor, even though he usually wears a lot of feminine clothes. Choosing a gender in video games is always pretty hard but acnl characters tend to look pretty androgynous :)

Usually play as same gender as me, my girl mayor. But I do have another resident in the town that's a boy, I have went to the island before as him but I felt kinda weird as my towns name is Flowers lol

I treat my human characters as characters. So my mayor isn't me, he's some guy named Zephyr who accidentally became mayor of a town of animals and is constantly being nagged by his old-timey mom.
I even gave him a super manly pink parka and sweatpants outfit :D

I stuck with my gender. I think on the Gamecube version I played as a boy and I'm really not sure why, but every game after that I played as a female.

Back