• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

UK! What region do you live in?

Qwerty111

in spain without the p
Bells
Switch
0356-6562-7610
Yellow Cosmos
Mint
January Birthstone (Garnet)
White Rose
White Tulip
White Pansy
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Where do you live? What do you like/not like about that region? Why?

I live in the US. I don't like anything about this place tbh.

I can spot 2 things wrong with that statement.

If I were to live in the UK, I'd totally want to check out Ireland, if that counts. The people, the geography, the stout little towns, it all seems so rad.

I live in East Anglia, I like it because we have a long stretch of coastline and we are not far from London.

In the Pacific ocean. I hate how its hot here and its in the middle of nowhere and everytime a huge earthquake occurs we have to evacuate for a tsunami but it ends up being 4ft high.

If I were to live in the UK, I'd totally want to check out Ireland, if that counts. The people, the geography, the stout little towns, it all seems so rad.
I live in Ireland it's boring and there's nothing cool about it >.<

I live in East Anglia, I like it because we have a long stretch of coastline and we are not far from London.
Oops, thought we were talking about regions in the UK...

I live in England, I like it because you are never too far away from the coast and I get to live in the countryside while still being an hour trains ride from London.

I want to visit the UK someday. The tube system seems very complex, especially compared to the one we have in Toronto (Ontario, Canada)

What sort of things do you recommend seeing in/around London? I know I can read about it online, but it would be cool to hear about it from tbt members :eek:

I really need to make a friend from the UK! Preferably somewhere in the London area! If you live in that area, shoot me a message! It's been a lifelong dream of mine to live in England, hopefully it'll be a reality super soon if I land this job I'm shooting for.

Never mind.

Last edited:
I want to visit the UK someday. The tube system seems very complex, especially compared to the one we have in Toronto (Ontario, Canada)

What sort of things do you recommend seeing in/around London? I know I can read about it online, but it would be cool to hear about it from tbt members :eek:
You may think London is a good idea, but it costs alot of the trains from Gatwick, Stanstead and Heathrow (our international airports near london) and all the things you'll want to do will cost you. If you don't have a lot of money, London would be a problem. If you do have a lot of money, however, Jusy follow the guides online. Most of them are from a Britans pov so try to find something for a US national.

Yes, the tube system (underground) is very interesting. However it is very busy during the summertime, so be careful XD
Also London Eye is overpriced, and it is usually a long line. But if you can part with the cash it is really fun (And very romantic as my dad proposed to my mum on the top aw)

I would reccomend:
Sea Life Center (Near London eye, so you can't miss it!)
London Dungeons (Scary, but all fun)
Ride a Barclays "Boris" Bike
Watch the changing of the guards (Err Check the internet for where this is)
Visit Buckingham Palace (Or at least the gate)
Go to the Olympic Stadium (I think its free, but check)
Walk past the gate that conceals Downing Street (Where the Prime Minster lives) from the rest of the world

I live in the north of England, I like it sometimes because there's a lot of diversity in my city, but the weather is absolutely awful. I also go to Wales a lot because it's where my family lives, so it's sort of a second home :)

I'd recommend going up the Shard, you get a much better view than you do from the Eye as it is much taller! If you go to places like Madame Tussaudes, the London Aquarium, etc. always book your tickets in advance and get to them early as the queues can be enormous. Also be considerate on the underground, always stand to the left on escalators so that others, e.g. business people, can get past in a rush, the underground can also be packed any time of the week with business people or tourists so be prepared for being crushed and not being able to sit down.

Yay, hello fellow East Anglian! I like it, it's quiet but not too far from London, as you said. It's pretty and more natural.

I live in the US. I like it here for the most part-- our government needs a make-over and we do have some problems but I enjoy the freedom my country provides me and I wouldn't abandon it to live in another country. The part of the US I live in gets pretty hot during the summers though, that's the only problem. If I had more money to run the air it wouldn't matter as much. Hahah.

i live in the greater london area; its trashy here

I live in England it's a love/hate relationship.
This sums up how I feel about it too

- - - Post Merge - - -

I live in the North west of England (Manchester specifically) It's usually raining here although we're currently having a bit of a heatwave.

Back