Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
Cherry (Fruit)
Cake
Mailbox
When did you finally get a taste of freedom behind the wheel? sadly, most of my friends have it, yet I still have to take the class :(

or, are you still waiting to get it?

I failed it twice lol.
Not that I suck or anything, it's just that here in Spain it's a huge money business and unless you have a certain amount of driving hours over the required minimum and you've already failed the test a couple of times they'll never pass you.
They'll fail you for the dumbest **** and you can't do anything about it.
I have no money to pass it again now, I'll probably go up to France to pass it when I get the time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I drive anyway btw. Around the city.

I got mine when I was 18 and I actually passed my first try. I never really cared for the whole freedom to drive myself around thing though idk I still don't really care. I guess I just don't like driving in general.

i got my license recently (in may) i was the last of my friends to get it, but i mean i don't think it's something you can rush yourself into. you just have to want to drive/take it seriously bc a lot of things can go wrong if you're not careful. i personally like driving, but i can understand why some people don't.

Just before turning 17, due to special circumstances beyond my control. I'm not going to go into detail, though. :p

I'm fine with it at this point, but it was an agonizing wait at the time.

I got mine when I was 17. Had to take the test four times because I kept getting the same guy who was failing me for stupid stuff. I was pretty relieved when he said I passed. :p

I got mine on 30th April this year, I had my first lesson on my birthday last year.

I got mine when I was 17. Had to take the test four times because I kept getting the same guy who was failing me for stupid stuff. I was pretty relieved when he said I passed. :p
I had to take mine 4 times too! I actually had 6 but 2 got cancelled (1 due to bad weather, the other because there weren't enough examiners...) first 3 times I took them in Colchester but I got the same guy, each time giving me a severe fault for my three point turn for apparently not looking behind- my instructor contested each time because he SAW ME CHECKING BEHIND!! This examiner got fired a few weeks ago though because he was caught faking faults like he did with me, though I still had to take my test a fourth time (the time I passed). I had to take it in Clacton, due to Colchester having a 3 MONTH WAITING LIST! Luckily for me my Clacton examiner was really nice, my instructor couldn't come with me so I had to do my last test in my own car- my dad waited in the test center. I passed with 3 minors :p It was annoying though as I passed my theory first time, with 1 wrong answer, 1 week after my 17 birthday...

16-17, I don't really remember honestly. Took the class portion at school, drove to get all the required hours, paid a bunch of money for the "behind the wheel" segment and then showed up to court for it. How I really think it ought to be done, instead of waiting til 18 to just pass the stupid test.

I had to take mine 4 times too! I actually had 6 but 2 got cancelled (1 due to bad weather, the other because there weren't enough examiners...) first 3 times I took them in Colchester but I got the same guy, each time giving me a severe fault for my three point turn for apparently not looking behind- my instructor contested each time because he SAW ME CHECKING BEHIND!! This examiner got fired a few weeks ago though because he was caught faking faults like he did with me, though I still had to take my test a fourth time (the time I passed). I had to take it in Clacton, due to Colchester having a 3 MONTH WAITING LIST! Luckily for me my Clacton examiner was really nice, my instructor couldn't come with me so I had to do my last test in my own car- my dad waited in the test center. I passed with 3 minors :p It was annoying though as I passed my theory first time, with 1 wrong answer, 1 week after my 17 birthday...

That's really unlucky. :( Must feel really good to have passed after all that! I took my tests in the UK too (but in Manchester), and it really felt like my examiner was failing me for stuff just to get more money. It's a shame that some things are so corrupt, but it's good that he got fired.

Taking my license in beginning of September.
I have been driving for two years now, but in France, this is because of a system called "conduits accompagnee", basically you can drive (once you passed something and classes) but with an adult next to you.

Last edited:
i think i was 17 or 18 when i finally got my license. i hate driving.

i also only passed the driving test because it was a friday and my appointment was right next to closing time and the lady just wanted to leave tbh, or so it seemed lol

Last edited:
i got mine last March. Passed the first try though I don't know how! I missed the right turn lane TWICE and when we went to parallel park, the car in front of me left! My evaluating guy was super cranky too.

I got it almost four months after I could have gotten it-- we can get ours here when we're 16 years and three months old. This jerk who's sort of friends with me made fun of me, but some of my other friends are almost 18 and don't have their permits (a lot of their parents won't let them).

I got it almost four months after I could have gotten it-- we can get ours here when we're 16 years and three months old. This jerk who's sort of friends with me made fun of me, but some of my other friends are almost 18 and don't have their permits (a lot of their parents won't let them).

haha, yeah. My mom would rather have wait until I'm 18 too.

Back