• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

font??

Mango

infinite hiatus
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
hi! so, i see a lot of people with like, special font.

most type like this

and i wanted to know if they just remEMBER to do it, or if they have like, a code each time.

i know this is a really stupid forum. just bear with me.

Well, each time you type a message you usually have to re-enter the font you want.

tumblr_inline_mfnic9GB4N1qdlkyg.gifIt's become habit at this point. I love making my text look fancy, too.tumblr_inline_mfnic9GB4N1qdlkyg.gif

You have to do it every time, but don't get upset if people start complaining about it.

It's honestly really hard to look at for some people, and for me personally I've gotten to the point where if the font isn't the default I don't even read the post.

It's honestly really hard to look at for some people, and for me personally I've gotten to the point where if the font isn't the default I don't even read the post.

quick break the rules in tiny text!

quick break the rules in tiny text!

If it gets reported and I do that report I read it.(grudgingly)

But know that if you're breaking the rules, you will call down my wrath twice as much if you have your entire post colored or font edited.

Just copy the code and paste it to a sticky note or something. That is what I always do.

I wouldn't use a different font. Makes you seem like you're fishing for attention and less people will take your post seriously.

italics, bold, bold italics, Capitals At The Beggining Of Every Sentence and
center text​
really bug me. They just seem like they are for people desperate for attention.

My font is annoying to Gallows?

I'm gonna go cry

Pink is awesome thnx

No but seriously. I do my text different because I come from a forum where everyone had different fonts and such to tell each other apart, and mine is actually hella basic. I don't add fancy crap to it like they did.

ღ➟ Today I was Blah blah

eh, I can't do it, it was really dumb.

Or people who added gifs or crap.

I was an RPer so people always tried to stand out ;;

So by this point it's kinda become habit to have pretty text. No one has really *****ed at me about it. I think it's all about preference and individuality.

Last edited:
Fun fact: Bold/italics/underline and things like Comic Sans don't fall into the same category known as font. (or at least that's what I heard on the internet)

I only use B/I/U for emphasis. Italics for sarcasm, for example. I bold/underline important stuff. I hardly ever use the other types of font.

I'm not fond of font colors or styles myself because of my eyesight. It makes it a pain to read and I'll usually skip over stylized fonts in favor of reading stuff I can actually understand.

I use bold and italics in my text mostly because it is a bad habit.
I just tend to do it so it matches the aura and style of my avatar and signature.
Sometimes I get comments on it and I don't see the big deal.
I just ask myself 'these options are part of the forum so why not use them?'

Last edited:
Back