• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

walking leaf tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

BACK OF!
Retired Staff
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
5027-8795-7985
Timmy Christmas Doll
Togepi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Gold Trophy (First Place)
New Year's Party Popper
Pokéball
Bell Bag Badge
Easter Bunny
Snow Globe
this is the last bug i need donated to the museum. i caught one last year but forgot to donate it. but i cant seem to find any. ive spent a long time looking for them on the ground, but they don't appear.

does anyone have any tips on how i can find one more easily?

thanks!

I heard that they are easier to find in the rain, but I read that in a blog somewhere.

I've heard that they spawn more under trees, and that's personally been my experience with them as well. So if you have flowers surrounding your trees, maybe try clearing them out, at least temporarily.

And make sure that your gate is closed, since I believe that they are among the bugs that don't appear during multiplayer.

I've heard that they spawn more under trees, and that's personally been my experience with them as well. So if you have flowers surrounding your trees, maybe try clearing them out, at least temporarily.

And make sure that your gate is closed, since I believe that they are among the bugs that don't appear during multiplayer.

I've only ever seen them under trees, usually in the afternoon around 4pm

I second the tree tip! Pretty sure they won't show up unless there's a tree for them to have pretended to have fallen out of. The only ones I've seen were positioned that way, anyways.

I can't find them in one of my towns. In other towns, my best luck was around noon. I know it sounds like stupid advice, but people say, "You'll find them when you stop looking for them," and that was true for tarantulas and scorpions. When I walked around looking for them? Nothing. When I was just doing errands, there they were. I'm hoping the same will be true with the walking leaf, but I haven't been able to play during their spawning times lately.

I find them in the afternoon near trees like everybody else said. Make sure it doesn't walk into the pond.

What I found... not that helpful but here
Starts appearing this month
Appears between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM
Appears regardless of weather
Resembles furniture at first
Spawns at the base of trees

I love this bug, I love the way you notice a 'leaf' under a tree and you think 'eh? where did that come from' then you get your net and it walks away....classic lol

I've only ever caught 2 - both on days when there was a bug- catching contest on. Don't know if that makes a difference to them appearing in your town or not though?

I haven't seem them at all so far, but in my second town they were definitely spawning under trees. I'm not sure if having tons of paths makes a difference.

I haven't seem them at all so far, but in my second town they were definitely spawning under trees. I'm not sure if having tons of paths makes a difference.

Yep, it does. Furniture disappears when it hits paths, I dreamed about your town, and it is pretty much covered with paths.

They spawn under trees. ;) and I would not suggest putting a lot of paths in your town.

Alright, thanks for the tree tip!
I did clear space around most of my trees, but I don't have a lot of trees (like I've got a decent amount, just not over the top), so when I play tomorrow I'll probably plant some more to see if that helps. Thanks for the tips, guys ^^

Rain also helps in finding them, as a lot of other bugs that appear this month don't spawn during rain. I planted flowers around most of my trees, then left a few within viewing distance of my house clear of flowers. Went in and out of my house while it was raining until I saw one. This reset the spawn each time, plus limited the places it could appear so I didn't have to search. You could also do the same, but inside of the house, just Save & Continue. That will also reset the spawn.

Yep, it does. Furniture disappears when it hits paths, I dreamed about your town, and it is pretty much covered with paths.

They spawn under trees. ;) and I would not suggest putting a lot of paths in your town.

Aw, really? No....:( Thanks for dreaming my town, BTW!

I'd suggest that you plant a lot of trees. I've seen them mostly under normal trees (with no fruit).

The more trees you have, the better your chances of catching them will be. Good luck! :)

Is this the one that looks like furniture leaf on the ground but turns out to be a bug?

The first time I saw one, I didn't have my net on me so I missed it. It took a while for another one to spawn, but when I got it, it was under a tree. I just don't remember the time of day but I know the weather was just normal, no rain or anything.

Yeah, Walking leafs usually spawn under tress. I guess that's how they trick you into thinking it's furniture?

Ah I was wondering about this! I have a bunch of paths around the trees so that may be why I haven't encountered a walking leaf yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back