• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you run in your own town?

Do you run in your own town?

• Never

Votes: 31 12.1%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 108 42.2%
  • Always

Votes: 117 45.7%

• Total voters
I only run if I'm on the beach or the cobblestone, but I never run on my grass.

I try not to run in other people's towns out of common courtesy and respect as I know I wouldn't want them to do the same. I do so in my town just because it's easier and sometimes a thing I do out of habit but I'm paranoid about running in other people's town even if somebody says "Yes, you can run in my town." or something like that. Always doesn't hurt to ask just in case you know? But yeah, I usually don't run in other people's town and if I did, might of have momentarily not been thinking. But usually just stick to not running in their town.

My grass wear is so bad that I've just decided to incorporate it into my town design. So, yes. I run.

Welcome to Dirtsville. Population : Dirt.

I think that running in your own town is a lot different than running in someone elses town. You are more familiar with your town therefore, you're able to run. I run in my own town despite how much flowers are all over my town, but I guess that since I know my town so well, I can maneuver between the flowers, etc...

Sometimes, I have paths mostly covering mostly my entire town, so I never need to look at the ugly dirt. However, I have to be careful not to trample hybrids and other flowers, though!

I run sometimes on paths and on my beach. I have several areas where I only have 1 tile-wide paths, so I don't run everywhere, and I don't let anyone else run in my town.

I only run on my path, I know every turn & curve, so it's cool. But I never run in other peoples' towns, that's just good manners. :lemon:

Well, in Let's Go to the City, I lost all my grass due to excessive running both from myself and those who came to my town, so, it's a habit I'm trying to break free from in New Leaf.

Well yeah, but only on my paths. I don't do it much when I have bad luck, it might destroy my flowers. :(

So answering your poll i'll put in "Always".

I usually run on my paths since I know where they end & stuff, but I try to keep running to a minimum on grass as the grass in my town used to be horrific due to grass deterioration & I don't really want it to get to that stage again. >_<

I scoff at grass deterioration in my town. Scoff scoff scoff.

Actually, with how... minimally deliberate my town's layout is these days, I can't run for more than short bursts due to all the trees Past Me "helpfully" planted in the way.

Still picked "always" since that's how much I'd do it if only I could.

I only run on my paths. Of course I don't run in other people's towns, that would be inconsiderate.

Last edited:
I always run in my town, but for some reason, I don't do it when I have headphones plugged into my 3DS. I never run in other people's towns, maybe they're worried about grass wear or me destroying their flowers.

Back