• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

To all the 18+ people... I have a question.

Monster

Bells
Winter Mittens
How drastic or not drastic was your facial appearance during 16-18?

I am currently 17 and was wondering if my facial appearance might change for better or worse..

This isn't really a question that anyone can answer for you. A lot of it depends on your hormone levels, your genes, et cetera. Some people have drastic hormonal changes even in their mid twenties resulting in growth spurts, acne, changes in their skin type, etc.

yeah, i'm 20 and no one ever believes me. i probably look about 16/17 still lol

what do you mean drastic facial appearance? what kind of appearance? like acne? people here talking more about youth o.o do you mean just overall face changing?

i noticed i lost a lot of baby face, and my face slimmed down a lot when i turned 18. i look back on my ID at 15, and my drivers license at 18 and my face got so much thinner lol.

also i had rly bad acne as a teenager >.<

I'm 20 and I still look really young also. A lot of people tell me that I will be happy when I'm older (since I look younger). However, it's possible to obtain a more mature look suddenly, I suppose...just like there are growth spurts...it also matters how you carry yourself, etc.

We can't really say. It's all dependent on hormones and genetics my friend.

Some people have dramatic changes, but it's usually 14-18 that the change occurs since that's usually when puberty hits. Unless you're lucky and get to keep your child face and stay roundfaced forever, that is.

Not much change here either. Although near my end twenties I started balding really, really fast. What the hell?
But like said before, it differs a lot. I do believe especially with men, looks improve after that age period.
I still don`t like how i look, but atleast I don`t look like I used to as a kid anymore....woof.

There's definitely a change for me. But I think it's more you learn how to properly care for yourself. It takes some experimenting for it to work. Depending on the person hormones even out, too, which makes things much easier.

...pardon?

In terms of facial hair- I didn't change that much. Dat babyface. Are you trying to grow a beard?

I mean, I changed a lot in general- but I guess I was never that worried about my face? I was more worried about the rest of me. Like my clothes and hair and stuff.

Honestly, you'll probably be fine. I wouldn't let it get you down. Just do some basic grooming and you'll look better than half the guys your age. Trust me.

Even when you become 18-20, your face is still babyish. Well after all, it depends on people. I've seen most people have their definite adult form in their mid 20s. Like when you enter uni and go out of uni, some people come out totally different! You aren't that awkward kid starting their own life but a young adult with confidence. Often I see guys get more muscular, they tend to develop later than girls. While girls, I think they are finished in the beginning of their 20s

My chin squared out over the last couple years, and my facial hair has been more prominent, but I wouldn't say I've had any "drastic changes." 50 years from now you should still have basically the same face. What could really change all that much without external modifications such as surgery?

If you have acne, you will more than likely have acne until you hit your early 20's. I've always looked older than I am but nothing drastic is going to happen once you hit your birthday. I promise you won't turn into a goblin or a fairy. Just a hormonal teen.

I'm 20 and look 16. You dont change over night lol. Its gradual over years

Depends on if I shave. Beard/stubble I look older, no beard/stubble I look younger or something. I honestly haven't noticed any difference other than it's pain having to shave at least twice a week.

Back