• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

101 Reasons Why Arguments Are Useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beary

straighter than a circle
Bells
Winter Mittens
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Red Candy
Red Candy
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Cake
Yellow Candy
Honestly, just going around the forum is depressing.

Arguments everywhere. I may be exaggerating, but I hate it when two people won't back down, and keep going at eachother until the thread closes. They ruin it for everyone else, and everyone else is uncomfortable to boot.

I know I'm being a hypocrite here but arguing isn't useful, because everyone ends up mad at eachother in the end.

Why doe people fight in the first place, honestly?
Because they disagree or have different beliefs about something.
Why does neither back down?
Because that would be losing to them.
Why do they keep going at the other person, even after they have said, "this argument is over"?
Because after a while, you become eager to see what the person you're arguing with will say next. It becomes a kind of sick satisfaction.

What are some times you've fought with someone for no reason?
Did you make up?

What's the worst fight you've ever seen, both in real life and online?
Feel free to share you experiences.
And if this thread seems stupid to you, please keep it to yourself. I would love to see a psychological side to the subject of fighting.

Agree to disagree!

If only that would work.
I once tried to be friends with someone who I had argued with. It was the first time I had done so, so I was a bit clumsy in my wording, but they refused to have anything to do with me unless I changed my mind.
Talk about stubborn.

I HATE arguments. Usually I'm the one who ends up being a pushover, and I quickly say I'm sorry and try to dissolve the issue especially with my friends. The only time I might ever actually argue with someone and keep it going is if I see someone who does something completely wrong/ridiculous or says something really offensive or something like that. A lot of the time I get fired up by some people's ignorance over things
For arguments between other people I try my best not to get involved unless I'm defending a friend

I agree that most arguments are completely pointless, but tbh sometimes I feel like it can bring me closer to a person. Like I only feel close to the friends that I've argued with...maybe cause we've each seen sides of each other that aren't typically brought out, idk. I don't like getting involved in online arguments though cause those are the ones that are usually pointless.

What do people argue about on TBT? I haven't seen any arguments here o_O

However, on Reddit, which is my other home, it's a different story. I tend to lurk even though I enjoy posting and contributing to discussions simply because there's almost no such thing as changing someone's mind on the internet. IRL where you can converse with a person not only with what you're saying, but your facial expressions, your body language, it's different.

It's not always about losing. Most of the time the other side is a passive aggressive wall and the other side tries to break this wall because it's being offending and ignorant as hell. Tbh I wish people could just stop being so ignorant. Arguements are actually kind of nice.
Disagreements are to be expected so making a thread like this is kind of butthurt.. heh

Last edited:
You are absolutely correct, lets go to war instead

You're thirsty.

It's not always about losing. Most of the time the other side is a passive aggressive wall and the other side tries to break this wall because it's being offending and ignorant as hell. Tbh I wish people could just stop being so ignorant. Arguements are actually kind of nice. Disagreements are to be expected so making a thread like this is kind of butthurt.. heh

That's true. I'm just basically bringing up the topic of arguments and fighting in general, mostly.

maxresdefault.jpg

Let there be peace.

The only serious arguments I've been in on here were about how important PoC representation is in children's media and another was about how white people do not face racism and how it is not possible for people to be racist against them. And those were a while ago.

There were also other silly little arguments, but I chose not to get too involved in them. Not worth my time and effort.

I've only been a part of one argument on here that resulted in the closing of the thread, but it's not like I was arguing for no reason. In that case, it was a form of self defense, and in those situations, it really annoys me when someone tells me to just back down and leave it. :/

I embrace arguments.

I think people can only prove themselves by how they handle conflict. I think there are a lot of people who can't handle it without getting dramatic about it. Then again, there's a difference between arguing with someone and taking personal jabs at them, and one can easily lead to the other.

Personally, though, idc. I wouldn't start an argument over something that wasn't important. Lololol like on here, tho.

Basically, arguments in general aren't pointless, but people pick pointless things to argue about.

Well see, debates are okay IMO. Y'know, where both sides are mature enough to not turn into name calling and throwing insults back and forth. I consider arguments to be when a debate has turned into simply trying to use the biggest words and wittiest comments to insult the other person~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back