• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever woken up crying from a dream?

I have a lot of dreams in which friends and family die but I can't remember if I've ever woken up crying from one

Well, mine is dumb compared to everyone elses dreams of their whole familys getting slaughtered...

I dremt I was the Doctors companion, and I went on this sexy journey with the Doctor, Amy, and I think Clara was there too. I was so happy! Then I woke up to my boring life. I cried for a few minutes actually. I'm that desparate to do something with my life. I'm too ambitious for my own good! I just want something interesting to happen. I'm depressed all the time cause of things like that.

dramatic sigh

Anyways, I'm pretty pathetic. Even in dreams when everyone I know and love is dead I wake up fine.

Last edited:
I can only remember one atm but it was where my dad, his friend, and I were going on a road trip. The guys had to pee in the woods so they pulled over. So, being the smart person I am, I went to explore the woods a bit. Well I came across this weird military camp for juvenile delinquents. I went in to check it out and went in one of the barracks, but the door shut behind me and I was locked in.
The one the boys in there lent me his cellphone (idk how he got that, must have snuck it in) and I called my mom, but as she said "Hello?" the voice of the guy, whom I assume is the director of the camp, came on the phone and was like "YOU'LL NEVER SEE YOUR MOTHER AGAIN AHAHA" and then I woke up and cried until my dad came in my room to calm me down.
It doesn't seem TOO scary, but I'm so scared of being separated from my parents, especially somewhere I don't know, more so back then when I was younger. I would cry going to sleep away camp and stuff and yada yada bleh

Last edited:
Well, mine is dumb compared to everyone elses dreams of their whole familys getting slaughtered...

I dremt I was the Doctors companion, and I went on this sexy journey with the Doctor, Amy, and I think Clara was there too. I was so happy! Then I woke up to my boring life. I cried for a few minutes actually. I'm that desparate to do something with my life. I'm too ambitious for my own good! I just want something interesting to happen. I'm depressed all the time cause of things like that.

dramatic sigh

Anyways, I'm pretty pathetic. Even in dreams when everyone I know and love is dead I wake up fine.
That's crazy, I've had the exact same dream

I've woken up spooked a number of times.. but I don't think I've ever woken up crying. :/

Except maybe that one time I dreamt that I was sleeping in my parents' bed (I HATE DREAMS WHERE YOU DREAM THAT YOU'RE SLEEPING. It makes it so hard to tell when you're actually awake!), and when I "woke up" and turned to my Dad who was in bed beside me, suddenly his head started morphing into a bunch of scary looking monsters, and looked like he was about ready to eat me. ಠ_ಠ;

I've woken up with tears still coming but no hardcore 4real crying haha.

I usually don't feel emotion but once I had a dream where a bunch of people on a boat, including my grandpa, were going out to sea and I could only see the reflection in the water so it looked upside down and I thought they were drowning or something. laughs. They were all waving goodbye and I was super sad.

I recently had another emotional dream but I woke up from that like I got hit by a ton of bricks. was weird.

I've never woken up crying before. My family/friends don't die in my dreams - but I have nightmares, of course. I haven't had that many nightmares lately since it's summer and I'm not as stressed as I am during school, in fact I look forward to my dreams because there are always pleasant surprises.

I don't because no one close to me dies, apart from me of course that happens basically every night so I'm used to it. I did almost cry at this one dream though. We went to a concentration camp for a historical vist but it was more school in a different colour palette and it was horrible. The Holocaust makes me cry alot.

Last edited:
I have a couple times to the point where my cheeks were just covered in tears. However, I don't remember what the dreams were about and didn't have anything depressing or stressing going on in life at that time....so.

I just woke up baling my eyes out.

I had a dream that my dad and I were kidnapped, my mum picked me up as I was let go. I called my dad's phone and it was no longer in service. He was killed and we went to the factory tha he works at and they pulled him out of the freezer..
My dad dying is one of my biggest fears (I know it'll happen one day etc) but I'm a daddy's girl, I adore my father and dreams like that are hard to deal with.

Anyone had dreams so bad they woke up crying?

Wow I wasn't expecting so many responses.

I've actually woke crying many many times. Whether it be from my boyfriend, brother, mother or father dying to a recent one where I was nearly killed by an erupting volcano, also ones including meeting band members, getting their pics etc. I have very odd dreams. But I'm thankful they're just dreams. When I see my dad he'll get a big hug ^^

Shed a couple of tears, if that counts. Best dream I ever had.

I had a dream I came home, and was looking for my wife. My roommate was telling me she wasn't here, and wasn't coming back. It became an inkling of a hint that she was dead, but I absolutely refused to believe him, and said that she must have been hiking and got lost.

I walked out into the woods, despite the protest of the roommate telling me she wasn't ever coming back. I walked into the woods, and progressively the reality she was dead became more and more clear. I decided I was just going to keep walking until I either found her or died myself.

I woke up crying, and it shook me up for the rest of the day. I had left for work before she woke up, so had a constant fear that I was going to come home and she wouldn't be there.

I've cried I think once because of a dream I had where my closest best friend never actually liked me and left me alone for the rest of my life.
And there was this one dream (I don't know if I cried for this one. It's pretty bad though) where my mum and I were outside watching fireworks and my brother came outside behind us with a huge knife and he killed us both. I've never told anyone this dream before, I don't think.

Only once! I had a dream my sister got killed or smt. Scared me to death. I actually ran out my bedroom to see if she was in her room lol

Last edited:
Back