Old Eggs
Red Rose
Mother's Day Carnation
Toy Hammer
Togepi Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Yoshi Easter Egg
I'm going to the doctor today for a final check of my ovary, then I will probably be scheduling an appointment to get a biopsy and growth removal done. I'm scared of what's going to happen when I do go under the knife. I mean, surgery has it's risks, but you know nothing too bad anymore. Not with todays technology....

My fear more lies in what the results will be. Even if the last two tumors I had removed were nothing, that doesn't mean the next one won't be. But even if it's the big C, I think I'll be okay. I'll fight it like hell, and not give up. I'll find out today when the surgery will be, I leave in a few hours to go to my appointment...

I probably should be blogging this... Oops. I just want some kind of support from maybe people who have also had scares? I dunno.

I'll post an update today after my appointment.

Ah thanks for reading, I'm sorry

GO CALLAWAY YOU CAN DO IT!

We're always here to support you. Don't forget we love you as well! :)

Don't be sorry!! This is a scary thing to be going through, and if you need support, you shouldn't be ashamed of looking for it.

I haven't had any scares personally, but cancer runs in my family. None of them had ovarian cancer, though, so I can't say I'm really familiar with it.

I'm not sure how old you are, but I think you're pretty young (20's and below?). Does your doctor think you have a good chance if it is cancer? A boy in my class was diagnosed with testicular cancer this time last year, and he was able to fight it off and be declared cancer-free.

I really don't know what to say other than that I really hope the growth is nothing, and if not, that you get the best care possible so you can fight it off. Good luck, I believe in you!

Last edited:
I'm 27, and cancer does run in my family. I get ovarian cysts as well... which increases my risk 10 fold according to my doctor...

No matter what happens, you'll be okay. C: If something DOES end up being wrong, at least you'll find out now and be able to take care of it. It's a good thing that you're getting looked at, and you'll be all the better for it.

You're gonna be all right! c:

It's totally understandable to be afraid. You're having surgery. It might be a common procedure with low risk, but it's still a procedure. Plus it's a procedure that can mean bad news. That tends to be the worst part. Sometimes it feels like not knowing is better than potentially knowing something bad. And you're high risk so it's even scarier. Don't apologize for wanting to get that fear of your chest. Anyone in your situation would be afraid.

I honestly hope it's nothing series, just a growth. I really, really do.

Just to ask, have you tried discussing possible removal of your ovaries? If they are constantly getting cysts and growths and you have a family history of cancer it may be worth it. But that's a big decision with big consequences.

You'll be alright! I've had a couple scares and, for me at least, it was always more nerve wracking waiting to hear the news. Once I was with my doctor I felt a bit better and figured I shouldn't be worrying, they'll do their best to take care of me just like your doctors will for you. I don't blame you at all for being scared. You can do it.

Being scared expresses a clear desire to live for me. Thats not something to be ashamed of, but something to hold on to and cherish. Personally I haven`t had similar scares (only the suspicion I had a serious muscle illness when I was 7 but I was to young to realize the significance of it), but Ive had a lot of experience with cancer in my family. I know the heavy emotinos coming with the periods of not knowing and the fear of a possible negative outcome.

You don`t stand alone in that.It IS scary and I`m glad you found the courage to listen to your heart and ask for support and something to make you feel better, even if its just a little. My thoughts are with you and I wish you a lot of strength and love. Like you said, you will fight this and I`m happy to hear that, because nowadays with all the increased possibilities, that will play a big role in a positive outcome. If you wanna talk, pm me, either way, you got my support!

-hugs tight- i wish you the best of luck ;; everything will be okay, you can pull through this!!! ive had a couple problems/surgeries, but nothing like really recurring like this ):
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, CALLAWAY, STAY POSITIVE!!!

Back