Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
[Unofficial] TBT Mafia: Legend of Korra [Signups]

QHh2KZs.png

DAY WILL END IN:

The game will begin 1 day after I feel I have enough people signed up.

70 years after Avatar Aang killed the bear on top of that hill he finally got reincarnated into a rubber goose which controlled the minds-woops wrong story.

After the end of the Hundred Year War, Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko brought people from the four nations together and founded the United Republic of Nations, and its capital Republic City, a large metropolis. After Aang's death in 153 AG, the Avatar Spirit was reborn and reincarnated into a Southern Water Tribe girl, named Korra. As a citizen of Republic City it is your duty to protect the world from the threat of The Equalists and of gangs such as the Triple Threat Triad.

Questions can be directed to either I or alise, as she is co-hosting.

Introduction:

Mafia is a game of the uninformed majority versus the informed minority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town players on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Town than Mafia. The objective of the game is for Town to eliminate by killing or lynching all the Mafia before it is too late. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day revolves around voting for a player to be lynched. Night is reserved for the Mafia to make their kills and certain players to use their special abilities.
Time Commitment:

Be warned - Mafia requires a time commitment. This generally depends on the player, but at minimum 30 minutes a day of solid effort is required. As part of the time commitment, Mafia requires a great deal of reading. Most people are actually quite poor at reading comprehension and playing Mafia is a great way to improve your reading ability, as well as your writing and ability to think and argue logically.

WARNING:

Mafia games can become quite heated at times. If you cannot handle stressful situations, or are easily offended, please do not join this game. If you join and ask to leave the game due to this you will be permanently banned from all of my future and past games.

Playerlist (with filters):

Players remaining: 27 / 27

Mafia remaining: ? / ?
Third Party remaining: ? / ?
Mafia KP: ?

Roles:

Korra (Jack of All Trades): You’re the Avatar, and your mission is to keep peace in the physical world and the spirit world. You are a One-Shot Doctor, One-Shot Cop, and One-Shot Vigilante.

Mako (Vigilante): You’re Bolin’s brother (and more attractive counterpart). Using you’re Firebending skills, you may choose a player to kill once a night.

Lin Beifong (Day Cop): You're the Chief of Police of Republic City. You stand for justice, and your goal is to stop criminals at all costs! Once each day, you can inspect a player of your choice. Once night is over, you will find out the alignment of the inspected player.

Metal Bender (Cop): You are serving in the police force of Republic City. Each night you can inspect a player of your choice. Once night is over, you will find out the alignment of the inspected player.

Water Bender (Doctor): You’re an expert in water bending and can use it to heal your allies. Each night, you can protect a player of your choice from being killed. Each protection stops one kill, and lasts for one night.

Bolin (Lover): You're Mako’s brother, one of Korra’s best friends, and you love women. You fall in love, and if they (or you) are killed, the other will commit suicide. You need to work with your partner to win the game for the Town. During day 1, you will receive the name of a player that you will fall in love with. The player you love will become a One-Shot Doctor. If Bolin is killed, The Equalists will gain 1 KP for the next night.

Tenzin (Veteran): You're Aangs son, full of wisdom, and you’re a veteran air bender! You have two night lives.

Citizen (Townie): You're just a simple citizen of Republic City, you may not be a bender, but you have influence!

The Equalists (Mafia)

Amon (Godfather): You are Amon, the mysterious and charismatic leader of The Equalists. You seek to rid the world of benders. You will always return as a Citizen to any inspection. You send in the kills.

Tarrlok (Framer): You're Amon’s brother, and part of the Republic city council. You seek to use Korra for your own bidding and share the same mission as Amon. Once a night, you can frame a player of your choice, if that player is inspected, they will appear as an Equalist.

Hiroshi Sato (Role Blocker): You’re the owner of Future Industries and you're working with The Equalists to rid the world of benders. Once per night, you can pm the host the name of someone who’s action you want blocked.

Equalist (Mafia Goon): You’re a simple citizen out to rid the world of benders. You have no special action, but you have influence. Your goal is to aid The Equalists in any way possible.

Triple Threat Triad (Third Party)

Lightning Bolt Zolt (Arsonist): You’re the leader of the Triple Threats. Once per night, you can douse a player in gasoline. During the day, you may choose to set a fire which kills all primed players.

Viper (Evolver): The most threatening of the Triple Threats, and most trusted by Lightning Bolt Zolt. Once per day you receive a random night ability that can only be used once.

Shady Shin (Doctor): You’re working for the Triple Threats for the cash and for the shadyness. Once per night you can protect one of your allies.

Two Toed Ping (Gang Goon): You have no special abilities, but you do have twelve toes. Remember, you have influence!

Setup Information:

This game uses an open setup; that is, all possible roles can be seen. A player's role will be revealed when they die, unless stated otherwise.

All of these roles will be used, but the number of each is disclosed.

Game Setup Notes:

Lovers are confirmed town to each other.

Mafia team must nominate a person to carry out each kill. The Mafia can choose not to kill and can kill each other. If a Mafia member chosen to kill on a particular night is roleblocked, that kill will be prevented. A Mafia member may use his ability and kill in the same night.

Actions cannot be withdrawn or changed once sent.

Game Setup Rules:

PMs
PMs and other out-of-thread communication are allowed.

Activity:
You must vote every day you are alive, and must post at least once every full day/night cycle, if you do not vote, you will be given a warning, after that, you will be modkilled.

Wisdom of the Crowds
Wisdom of the Crowds is not in effect.

Replacements
Replacements will not be had.

Time Cycle:
This game follows an approximate 48/24 cycle. There will be a half-hour resolution period before the end of night where no further actions may be sent.

Smurfs:

Smurfs and Hydras are not allowed.

Encryption:
Don't do it.

Rules:

Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):
1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
4. Comparing role PM timings to try and work out roles.
5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host without permission.
6. Getting yourself modkilled to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
9. Sharing accounts with other players.
10. Breadcrumbing the specific phrasing of your role PM. Do not compare the phrasing in your role PM to prove your alignment. You can claim the abilities you have, but you can't use the specific phrasing of your role PM.
11. Posting a false PM phrased as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.tsun

YOU MAY ONLY COPY AND PASTE TEXT FOR USE AS EVIDENCE. POSTING SCREENSHOTS OR ANY OTHER NON-TEXT EVIDENCE IS CONSIDERED CHEATING. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS EVIDENCE THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE FOR ALL PLAYERS TO CHECK (eg. post counts in a thread). IT IS BEST IF YOU CHECK WITH ME FIRST.

Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. The mods and admins here CAN take action.

Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question colour. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Spam:
Strategic spam is acceptable, within reason. Don't be a tool about it. Mafia is also not a roleplay.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. EDITING WILL RESULT WARNING, AFTER THAT, YOU WILL BE FREAKING MODKILLED, SON. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything. The board software automatically merges the posts anyway.

Inappropriate posts:
Mafia games can get heated and emotional. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia stays in Mafia. Don't let things spill over to the rest of the forum, it's just a game. If you are unhappy with a player's posts, PM me first. Only if you are dissatisfied with the outcome should you involve the TBT staff.

Observers' Chat:
While spectators will be fuelling speculation, and dead players will be keen to give valuable "insight" into the game, please refrain from revealing game-changing information (eg. the identities of your fellow Mafia). Speculate, theorise and express bewilderment at dumb plays all you want, but remember that the chat is not leakproof and game-ruining information CAN get out.

Play to win.
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. Clearly not playing towards your win objective will be grounds for a modkill and personal ban from me. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM the host if you need to leave the game.

You have been warned.

Voting rules:

1. This game uses Majority Lynch. As soon as a majority is reached, the day will end. If there is a tie, the first player to have reached that number will be lynched.
2. You must vote for a player and cannot abstain.
3. Voting is done in another thread.
4. Please vote in the following format: ##Vote: Username. Votes not done in the correct fashion may not be counted.
5. If you want to change your vote, first type ##Unvote followed by your new vote ##Vote: Username. You can change your vote at any time and as much as you like (within reason) up until a majority is reached.
6. No conditional voting.
7. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance! If a question that has been explained on this page is asked, you will not be given an answer.

KarlaKGB: I took most of this from you, so thanks!
Tina: For giving me insight.

Replacements:

Observers:

Last edited:
Ashtot said:
Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question colour. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

Might want to colour these!

Observers please, sweetie. :)

Why is Johnny Depp on the banlist, lol (why are the others on there i'm curious)

I'll take obs, I may consider joining, though.

What makes this unofficial?

So the Lover role here does not pick their love?

Thinking about joining... Replacement s for now.

What makes this unofficial?

So the Lover role here does not pick their love?

Thinking about joining... Replacement s for now.

he isnt in the queue for hosting so its not offical
pls join tom

Back