• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are you open about playing Animal Crossing or ashamed?

I try not to talk about ac anymore.I'm sure that my friends and family are sick of it.I know my husband sure is.lol.If someone were to ask what games i play, i wouldn't have a problem telling them that i love ac.

I'm very open, and I'm trying to get my sister into playing too. The more the merrier I always say!

I am open with what I play. I usually get a response along the lines of "you play a game with animals?"

Yeah. Is there a problem? :>

Oh that's a great game and you don't have to be ashamed of playing it. :)
Half of the students in my course at university have a 3Ds and play it too, I believe its has something to do with the fact whe study design and we all love nintendo here.
In the other hand, I work at a game design startup and my coworkers don't like it, they think it's boring. But its all about personal preferences and nothing to do with being imature or whatever.

I'm always blabbing on about Animal Crossing to my close friends! One of them actually has the game (but never goes on it) so they understand what I'm actually saying. I wouldn't bring it up to anybody who isn't a close friend or family though. Maybe if somebody directly asked me "Do you play Animal Crossing?" I would say yes but realistically it would never fit into my everyday-small talk. Don't be ashamed! We all know they're missing out. :)

I'm always blabbing on about Animal Crossing to my close friends! One of them actually has the game (but never goes on it) so they understand what I'm actually saying. I wouldn't bring it up to anybody who isn't a close friend or family though. Maybe if somebody directly asked me "Do you play Animal Crossing?" I would say yes but realistically it would never fit into my everyday-small talk.

I agree with your post. This is pretty much how I act, too.

I would admit I play Animal Crossing only with people interested in Nintendo games. No point in yelling to the four winds that I play AC.

I'm not ashamed at all, but I'm not proud of it like if it were some huge achievement.

Last edited:
Only my family and close friends know I play Animal Crossing. It's not really something I bring up right away until I've known the person for awhile or trust them, knowing they would never just stop being my buddy just cause of a video game. I used to be way for secretive about video games, but through having friends who I can talk to about video games and support me for what games I play, I have gotten a lot better at not being so secretive about them :)

Back in High School I would always have to hold back my extreme, superior knowledge of all video games when anyone would bring them up in a conversation :p

I'm very open about the game, I tell everyone (friends, relatives, classmates and even teachers) and draw some of the villagers in class and share them with everyone, some people actually like alot of there designs but are embarrassed to actually play the game since its 'childish' in other people's eyes. ;/

Last edited:
I only have like 2-4 friends and my little cousin that play Animal Crossing, but I'd say I'm pretty open about it. Sometimes I'll play it in front of my friends that don't play and I'll be saying things like "PONCHO, WHERE ARE YOU!?" and they are just like, "huh?" XD and then my little brother annoys me by constantly talking about Minecraft, so I constantly talk about Animal Crossing to him. Haha

I'm open about it. My school is a bunch of generic white girls. They've got the Apple products, yoga pants, not-so-baggy sweatshirts, Uggs, and nail polish. I tell people I play video games, yeah, and I tell them I play Animal Crossing. And here's me playing my 3DS during class. People think I'm crazy but tbh I don't care at all

I still have friends because of it and no one makes fun of me, so it's ok

Most ppl are just like "oh" or if i'm lucky they'll say "oh i play /mash/ bros with my brother sometimes!!111" (yeah even though i said acnl)

and it's like b**** please

Last edited:
I don't see why I should be ashamed... if they ask, I certainly would say "Animal Crossing" because it is true, I do play the game and I love it!

I play it openly in college when I have time to chill. I don't really care what other people think and I know for sure that there are other people who play it at my college because I've street-passed them before. So at least I'm not the only one. :p

i'm like to talk about it sometimes with my friends, usually i'll talk to them about new villagers i've obtained because some of them play accf, but if anyone else is around us i tend to keep my mouth shut, in case someone says something about it.

All of my friends have 3ds and play all the nintendo games, they are a series of gamers and play more than nintendo, literally almost everything from pc, to ps3, ps4, and way older consoles. Most of them are grown men and have played animal crossing too. They have helped me not feel silly about playing animal crossing, and yes, I am a female. I'm 17 almost 18 though, and whenever someone sees me play it I get a little shy, because I swear I'm a gamer that plays more than family fun games! Take me seriously, please!

well if people ask me if I play it, I'll say yes, I don't normally whip out my 3DS in public and start playing anything though lol

and from streetpasses on campus it seems like a lot of people have 3DSes and a lot of my friends who don't have one want one, so I don't think it's anything to be ashamed of?

Last edited:
Meh, sometimes I feel slightly embarrassed, but that hasn't stopped me from whipping out my 3DS and playing it. Sometimes I go grab a beer after work by myself and I'll sit at the bar and play ACNL ... probably looks weird, but whatever! Occasionally will get a weird look, but **** em.

lmao at the people who say **** about you guys playing AC while they play call of duty...

Back