• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Beatles

Clara Oswald

Soufflé Girl
Bells
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Red Candy
Green Candy
Yellow Candy
A while ago I started listening to them in more depth and I'm loving every second of it. I have the red album, the blue album, abbey road, help!, revolver, Sgt. Peppers lonely hearts club band the Beatles 1, I'm very much looking forward to getting more. My favourite is either Help! Or the red album. I would like to know what your favourite songs/albums are? Or which Beatle is your favourite? Personally I like George the best, his guitar playing is awesome.

My favourite songs are:
Your gonna lose that girl
Maxwells silver hammer
Her Majesty
Here, there and everywhere
Lucy in the sky with diamonds
Old brown shoe
Ob-la-Di, Ob-la-Da
The ballad of John and Yoko
And while my guitar gently weeps

The only one I don't really like is Get Back

While my Guitar Gently Weeps. <3

I Am The Walrus
Here Comes The Sun
Come Together
Hey Jude
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Reprise
Nowhere Man
Yellow Submarine

beatlesabbeyroad_0.gif

Love them.

While my Guitar Gently Weeps. <3

I Am The Walrus
Here Comes The Sun
Come Together
Hey Jude
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Reprise
Nowhere Man
Yellow Submarine

beatlesabbeyroad_0.gif

Love them.

My friends stare at me really weirdly when I sing I am the walrus. Here comes the sun used to be my favourite before I started listening to them properly

Oh man, I absolutely am in love with the Beatles. I've got all their albums, their movies, videos, most of their vinyls, vhs's, dvds, t-shirts, posters, etc.

I'll share something with you guys, I actually used The Beatles (a cover band of course) to propose to my wife. Obviously I'm not good at speaking in front of huge crowds, or proposing, so it's super awkward, but here's a video if for any dumb reason you want to see it lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_fpOK6AWDk

And for our honey moon, we trekked to Vegas and caught the Cirque Du Soleil Beatles show.

I am a huge George Harrison fan too, have you watched Living in the Material World yet? It's a movie that fair recently came out, directed by Martin Scorsese (Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, The Departed, Hugo, Wolf of Wall Street etc). It's all about George Harrisons life, it's one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. Beautifully done. I'm sure you looked into it, but George had a stellar solo career, IMO way better than Paul or Johns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XFfUt7HQWM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddnRtFd7Hps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDKwqIn711g (I know thats not technically solo career, but come on, he totally wrote and preformed that)

As for favorite songs or albums, I have an impossible time choosing. I know it's sort of weak to say, but I really adore Abbey Road. To me that album demonstrates the four of them at their peak, and the medley at the end of that album has to be one of the crowning achievements of rock and roll.

But I think they were at their prime during Rubber Soul and Revolver.

Man, I could go on for days and days and days about the Beatles.

Last edited:
Oh man, I absolutely am in love with the Beatles. I've got all their albums, their movies, videos, most of their vinyls, vhs's, dvds, t-shirts, posters, etc.

I'll share something with you guys, I actually used The Beatles (a cover band of course) to propose to my wife. Obviously I'm not good at speaking in front of huge crowds, or proposing, so it's super awkward, but here's a video if for any dumb reason you want to see it lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_fpOK6AWDk

And for our honey moon, we trekked to Vegas and caught the Cirque Du Soleil Beatles show.

I am a huge George Harrison fan too, have you watched Living in the Material World yet? It's a movie that fair recently came out, directed by Martin Scorsese (Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, The Departed, Hugo, Wolf of Wall Street etc). It's all about George Harrisons life, it's one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. Beautifully done. I'm sure you looked into it, but George had a stellar solo career, IMO way better than Paul or Georges
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XFfUt7HQWM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddnRtFd7Hps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDKwqIn711g (I know thats not technically solo career, but come on, he totally wrote and preformed that)

As for favorite songs or albums, I have an impossible time choosing. I know it's sort of weak to say, but I really adore Abbey Road. To me that album demonstrates the four of them at their peak, and the medley at the end of that album has to be one of the crowning achievements of rock and roll.

But I think they were at their prime during Rubber Soul and Revolver.

Man, I could go on for days and days and days about the Beatles.

That's really sweet! I haven't looked into their solo careers yet (I know a coupe songs) but I will for sure and thanks for the videos :) I didn't hear about the movie so I will try to find that as a) it's George Harrison and b) I really enjoyed some of the directors other movies. Thanks for the giant post, it was great fun to read.

One story I have with the Beatles is that I was lucky enough to go to the athletics at London 2012 and Paul McCartney was there! Everyone was singing Hey Jude and it was great fun, defiantly one of my best days ever

One story I have with the Beatles is that I was lucky enough to go to the athletics at London 2012 and Paul McCartney was there! Everyone was singing Hey Jude and it was great fun, defiantly one of my best days ever
No kidding! You got to see McCartney preform? I'm jealous! I never was able to see a Beatle, I'd still like to, but I think the time is passing.

So glad other people are so into them. I dont all ways listen to The Beatles, but today I had a real craving for Rubber Soul, and I got stuck in traffic, and BLASTED it. I got a lot of 'rock ons' and peace signs from people heading the opposite direction lol.

My dad played Yellow Submarine for me when I was in Kindergarten, and ever since then I've been in love. I'm not even going to attempt to compose a list of my favorite songs, I think most of them are absolutely spectacular. My favorite Beatle is definatly Ringo, because he's a funny and cool guy, and also because he plays the drums :3
Have you ever heard of Across the Universe? It's a musical with all Beatles songs. It's a really good movie, I suggest you watch it. :)

Have you ever heard of Across the Universe? It's a musical with all Beatles songs. It's a really good movie, I suggest you watch it. :)
Blech really? I didn't like it, I felt it was a horrible misrepresentation of Beatles music. But I'm kind of a purist any way :p

Capella you bloody troll, get out of here lol

Blech really? I didn't like it, I felt it was a horrible misrepresentation of Beatles music. But I'm kind of a purist any way :p

I didn't like the movie myself. Also have a bad memory attached to it, so maybe I'm biased, but it was still a pretty terrible film.

I do love the beatles. As much as i will get stick for it, i love the orchestrated album most, focusing on melodies. Especially Strawberryfields Forever. I love Lennon the most, I enjoy many of their songs, got it spoonfed by my mother espe ially, a huge Beatles and Paul McCartney fan. Love em.

I don't like the Beatles but glee did a two episode tribute and the first one sucked

No kidding! You got to see McCartney preform? I'm jealous! I never was able to see a Beatle, I'd still like to, but I think the time is passing.

So glad other people are so into them. I dont all ways listen to The Beatles, but today I had a real craving for Rubber Soul, and I got stuck in traffic, and BLASTED it. I got a lot of 'rock ons' and peace signs from people heading the opposite direction lol.

Awesome! It was truly amazing, I'm very honoured to have been there, it's a good memory and also a sad one as my dad's best friend who went with us sadly passed last year but I'm happy I got to share that time with him as he was a great person.

I do know that ringo is still performing, do you know Bluebell light?(she is a user here) and she went to see ringo about a month ago

Yeah I didn't like it either. Some of the songs were real trippy though.

My top 5 songs...

1. In My Life
2. Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
3. Tomorrow Never Knows
4. Bulldog
5. Helter Skelter

George Harrison made some incredible songs too. This is one of my favorite versions/covers of While My Guitar Gently Weeps.

You can't overrate the best. You have the right to your opinion though, even if it is wrong ;P

This.

I've seen Paul McCartney live three times now. Once he randomly tweeted he was having a performance in NYC. Yay for living in NYC. I saw him when was a guest on the 30 Rock Live special in season 5 I think it was and the my first time was when my friends and I camped out on a cold winter night in front of the NBC building for Saturday Night Live tickets because Paul was the musical guest. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Last edited:
I love the Beatles. Lennon is my favorite and my idol. I got retweeted by Paul McCartney and Sean Lennon (John's son). My all time favorite song is Strawberry Fields Forever.

I'm visiting the rock and roll hall of fame tomorrow! Can't wait to see all the stuff there and Beatles related stuff.

Shame my two favorite Beatles are the ones who have passed on.

Last edited:
Back