• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Anyone else hate the golden watering can?

kwark

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
The golden watering can is useful, it can water a 3x3 square of flowers. However there is one flaw. The watering animation is too long. I think you would be done a lot quicker if you use the silver watering can. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
I don't even water my flowers anymore, since I enacted the Beautiful Ordinance, I just lug around with me in my inventory. I've never actually cared about the animation, even when I was watering flowers (which was like months ago). I should probably just shove it in my closet now, actually.

Yeah, I agree the animation takes too long, but that isn't enough for me to hate it.

If you have a Perfect Town rating at least 15 days, every one of your human players can get a Golden Watering Can from Isabelle. (Not just the Mayor.) I love the Golden Watering Can! I used it in a cycle town for the creation of Gold Roses. So, I can hardly say that I don't like the Golden Watering Can.

Last edited:
If you have a Perfect Town rating at least 15 days, every one of your human players can get a Golden Watering Can from Isabelle. (Not just the Mayor.) I love the Golden Watering Can! I used it in a cycle town for the creation of Gold Roses. So, I can hardly say that I don't like the Golden Watering Can.

So that's how you get a Golden Rose....ohhhhhh

I don't mind the animation. My golden watering can has blessed my town with hundreds of blue roses. Of course I love my watering can.

I quite like the animation To be honest. I think it's adorable. I will only use the golden can. It doesn't take THAT much longer. If you can't stand to wait a couple seconds.. you are very impatient lol

So that's how you get a Golden Rose....ohhhhhh

Gold Roses are created when a Brown Rose is wilting. Water a wilting Brown Rose with a Golden Watering Can and, on the next game date, there will emerge a Gold Rose.

You don't have to have a cycle town to do it. You just have a town currently with the beautiful town ordinance (however that's worded). So, I had used a cycle town for that as a side project.

I have my Gold Roses spread out between my three active towns. (Admittedly about five of them, I think, were given me by at least two generous Bell Tree Forums members. The rest came directly from my efforts.)

I don't mind it at all. The golden can is so much better than the silver can, so there's no way I could hate it :D

I quite like the animation To be honest. I think it's adorable. I will only use the golden can. It doesn't take THAT much longer. If you can't stand to wait a couple seconds.. you are very impatient lol

It's not that I'm impatient or anything. The animation is nice. If it was one swing of the can, it would be fine. But it's taking longer than it should. I just think it's annoying. But that's just me.

i only water my gold roses because i'm breeding them and i just grab the first watering can i see in my storage, i don't pay any attention to the animation tbh but i will now

I compared the two cans. The silver can takes 1,5 second to water. While the golden can took about 3 seconds to water. So in conclusion the golden can is better to use on a 3x3 square. While the silver can is better on standalone flowers or two or three flowers in a row.

Last edited:
I use my golden can to breed more hybrids, this can works better than the silver can. ^^

I love it so much, it's my favorite tool! I even have it in the art in my signature. I think the animation length is justified because of how many flowers it waters.

lol "the animation is too long" are you kidding me.

I'm sorry, but that is a pointless complaint if I ever saw one.

Back