Winter Mittens
Orange Mote of Flame
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Waluigi Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Rainbow Feather
Green Feather
Wgo3Ojt.png

Do ye have what it takes to be a crusader?

So what's this?

Okay, so what's going on with this is I'm doing a bit of TBT cleanup. I'm banning every account we can find that comes across as spam. No, I'm not deleting the accounts. Unfortunately that is outside of my scope of ability. Instead of doing it all myself, which can get quite overbearing, I'm asking you, the fellow TBT browsers to help me in my little crusade. Some people have said it's fun, and you guys can do whatever you want to make it so. Work together, have contests, the sky's the limit. It's your game, I'm just here doing the modwork on my end.

What's a spammer look like?

You may notice an odd profile description, or odd posting, or even a signature containing links. Some of the people that have been doing this for a bit also have some excellent advice for you to look at.

Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 4.18.43 AM.jpg

Yeah it's easy to find them now, just go to the members list check the recently joined ones and if they have two capital letters then they're one of those accounts.

Yeah, definitely. Usually with spam accounts their ages are also like around 25-40 years old, but then again there's some users around that age on this site anyway. But yeah, will keep an eye out.

Mostly what I do, is I check for these things:
- No posts
- No avatar
- Link in signature
- Date of Birth January 1st
- Link in Bio
I've gotten about 20.

I found a few which didn't have numbers or lowercase letters. Ones which sound like company-looking names are worth checking too (so not names like, Mayor_____ etc).

FAQ

Q: Hey, I sent you a list, but you never responded.
A: I don't have the time to go through every single name if the profiles aren't linked. You don't need to do anything fancy, but in your PM's, if you could even do a list such as the quote below, I'd be more than happy to do it. Copying and pasting the links is fine! I'm going to see their username anyway on their profile, so it doesn't bother me at all to see a bunch of links.

LittleBeary said:

Q: How will I know if you're too full up to do anymore?
A: I hold on to them for later on. I'll send you a reply when I get through your PM'd list.

Q: How can I tell if a user has already been banned while I'm looking?
A: Their name will show up brown. Their user-title will say something along the lines of banned or suspended, and when you go to their profile you won't be able to send or see their visitor messages.

Q: How long will you be doing this?
A: I have no idea.

Q: Is this actually helping anything?
A: I'm actually not sure myself. They can't log back in, and usually they don't come back after day-one anyway, but I feel like it contributes towards a cleaner feeling, and it gives everyone (not just me) something to do if they want to. So, all around it seems like it is. I've also had the chance to talk to many users I don't normally talk to, and it's nice to get to know people. I'm using the same tag for banning people in or system for each one, so I may go back one day and see about taking some further action to fully get rid of the accounts.

Q: What about just old accounts that haven't been used or posted with?
A: If they don't look like a spammer, I don't think it's a good idea to send them my way. I can't delete accounts, just ban them. TBT is a come-and-go community, so anything like that would kind of be counter-productive. It won't free up names.

Q: Can I send my list to any mod?
A: Please only send them to me.

Q: Can we make a game out of this?
A: By all means! Have fun!

Q: I'm not sure about this account... do I send it?
A: Please do. I look at the accounts before banning them, so I have no problems checking them over.

Q: I posted the list in the thread and didn't get a response. Did you do it?
A: Probably not. Please PM them to me.

Q: How many do I have to send at once?
A: Gosh, you can send as many as you like. I have people sending one at a time, and others sending well over 60. It's your call. It's not required so there's really no restrictions.

Q: How many have you gotten so far?
A: Hard to say. It'd be nice to have a counter but I can't keep track of it. I'd like to say 800-900.

There's an 'un-official' spam-chat if you want to work together: here.

Last edited:
Sure thing. I've seen one or two in the past. I'll keep an eye on the new users.

I saw one last night so when I am back on my PC I will go then my browser history

If you are in the most recent visitors list do we still message you or no

Last edited:
I saw a couple of these a couple of weeks ago, and I often look at people's profiles (not in the stalker way!) Will keep an look out.

Thanks guys :) No rush, they usually don't even post, but I'd still like to get rid of the accounts to cut back on some of the problems for the ones that do.

I'm gonna help look too :)
I've found one so far (I think)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay I've been finding a lot so far.
Would you like me to pm you multiple users at once?

will absolutely keep an eye out! didnt know there had been an increase ):

Yeah it's easy to find them now, just go to the members list check the recently joined ones and if they have two capital letters then they're one of those accounts.

Yeah.. Capella sent me a long... long list and it turns out she's right after reading the descriptions and emails.

Well I got a giant list to find out Cap got em all. Never mind. ;-;

As long as the acct's not banned, it means I haven't gotten it, so if you run over any more hit me up.

Back