• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Which new SSB4 character would you cut?

Which one would you cut?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why so many FE characters?
I agree that Lucina looks like way too much like Marth. Nearly everything is the same down to movesets. In fact, it looks TOO similar, to be a clone character.
I've been reading around and a lot of people are saying that she's not her own character, that she is an alt costume for Marth. If you take a look at the SSB website character roster, her character page doesn't look nearly as grand as all the other newcomers. However, she still gets her own page and intro because unlike female wii fit trainer, F robin or F villager, she is an entirely different person, not a gender swap.

Of course these are just theories, and personally I want to wait for more game info to come out to see what's happening. Honestly, I'm hoping that Lucina is an alt costume for Marth because I do not like to see clone characters in the game. But the reveal video makes her look like her own character, and I'd be fine with that too. :)

Anyway, on topic, I voted for Captain Falcon (even though he's not a newcomer) because I love FE lol :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Falcon because I loved Awakening.

Captain Falcon. Why? FireEmblem>F Zero.

Anyway, on topic, I voted for Captain Falcon (even though he's not a newcomer) because I love FE lol :rolleyes:

You guys this doesn't make any sense, even supposing hypothetically that Fire Emblem is better than F-Zero (it's not), it already has four reps. Don't you think 3-1 is more fair than 4-0 even if the three are from a better series?

literally fangasmd

"Literally"?

Out of these, I would choose Captain Falcon. I never had any interest in playing him, but that may because I was never interested in his franchise. If I could choose another character to get rid of though, it would be Marth. Replace Marth with Lucina, because right now they seem almost like the same character. So far I have seen people complaining about there being too many Fire Emblem characters on the roster. I count 4 FE characters total. It's funny, because so far I haven't seen anyone complain about the 6 characters from the Mario franchise, or the 4 players from the Legend of Zelda franchise. It looks to me like they are trying to balance out the roster equally. I also don't understand what the big deal is with having Robin either. Robin is equivalent to the animal crossing villager, since they are both customizable player entities. Also female Robin and male Robin are the same, and I feel it wouldn't be right to have one gender and not the other. They are both equally important.

You guys this doesn't make any sense, even supposing hypothetically that Fire Emblem is better than F-Zero (it's not), it already has four reps. Don't you think 3-1 is more fair than 4-0 even if the three are from a better series?

1. It's our opinion.
2. F-Zero hasn't had a new game in over 10 years.
3. F.E. has more characters that fit better.

1. It's our opinion.
2. F-Zero hasn't had a new game in over 10 years.
3. F.E. has more characters that fit better.

Well I'm not gonna argue with your opinion, but if you remove Captain Falcon then F-Zero won't have any reps D:

"Literally"?

Literally. xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

but if you remove Captain Falcon then F-Zero won't have any reps D:

The way Nintendo is handling F-Zero they might as well just brand him as a smash bros character...

I don't know why everyone wonders about Fire Emblem getting so many spots. If you think about it, you could say the same about the Mushroom Kingdom having too many characters.

Fire Emblem has been around an extremely long time, and is really popular, but only started to become popular in North America about 10 years ago because that's when they first brought it to NA.

It annoys me that Lucina isn't an alternate costume for Marth. Such a wasted slot.

And to the people who wanted to cut Falcon, you are horrible. The guy has one of the most unique movesets out there because he comes from a racing game and you people would rather prefer MORE anime swordfighters? Might as well just shift over to Soul Calibur. If you want to cut him because he hasn't had a recent game, then you might as well cut Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, Ness and Ice Climbers.

Plus, you just don't mess with the O-12.

Lucina, she reminds me too much of Marth.
Otherwise Female Robin...if male Robin can be in the game. Since you know, they are like,the same character.

ok after more seriously checking out characters uh

why is Robin listed twice? (since femRobin is literally just a reskin much like WFT or Villager)

also, though I'm still gonna say none, if I had to pick Lucina

simply because of her basically being a Marth clone

Not sure why Captain Falcon is on your poll.. he's hardly a new fighter, considering he's been in nearly every SSB game that's been made.

I'd cut Lucina, just for the fact that she is basically nothing more than a female Marth. Nothing bad about this, and I'm not trying to offend anyone either, but if you want a Marth clone, why not just include Roy again while you're at it? xP

Lucina, it'd be okay if she was a reskin of marth, but honestly; NO MORE SWORDS

I'd like to see a platinum games representative, Atleast an assist trophy.

If Bayonetta made it into the game (not gonna happen) I'd actually lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back