Yellow Candy
森
ど
う
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
I was just watching a video about Amiibo and it talked about how future games might implement it! They briefly mentioned Animal Crossing and it got me thinking, with all the customizable elements in the series Amiibo is basically guaranteed. I mean imagine an Amiibo for every villager, I would run out of money. Or what about Furniture sets? There are so many possibilities and I wonder what you guys think of it. Maybe AC Wii U won't just be New Leaf 2.0 like City Folk was with Wild World.

Oh wow. I don't even have a Wii U, and I'd still probably want to collect those if they made one of all/most of the villagers.. lol

I was thinking this the other day! That gets me excited, and a tad bit worried. I hope they don't focus on it too much. Like other games do with DLC.

I was thinking this the other day! That gets me excited, and a tad bit worried. I hope they don't focus on it too much. Like other games do with DLC.

I hope they won't push it too much as well. But it's so cool to imagine all of these villagers having their own cute figurine!! I wonder what type of functionality they could have!

I hope they're like the e-Readers. You could decide who moves into your town with one in e+!

I,d buy a couple of those Amiibos if they made one for O'Hare, Pate, Canberra, Ozzie, Drake, Lopez, etc.

As long as they weren't required, I'd be happy. I'd definitely want a few of my favorite villagers, or at least Gladys. <3

They definitely WOULD NOT make amiibo of the animals. I'd imagine the implementation would be maybe things like, if you brought you villager amiibo to someones house they could get things from your catalogue/patterns. But nintendo hopefully has ideas we wouldn't even think of. If animal crossing comes to wii u I hope theres a lot more,, involvement in the ACTUAL gameplay?? Like being less worried about WHICH villagers you have and just being able to enjoy the game.

They definitely WOULD NOT make amiibo of the animals. I'd imagine the implementation would be maybe things like, if you brought you villager amiibo to someones house they could get things from your catalogue/patterns. But nintendo hopefully has ideas we wouldn't even think of. If animal crossing comes to wii u I hope theres a lot more,, involvement in the ACTUAL gameplay?? Like being less worried about WHICH villagers you have and just being able to enjoy the game.

Amen. I mean, I understand and somewhat agree with the people who don't want it to be like "buy it to get a finished product", but at the same time, if it barely does anything like just choosing a villager to move in, I don't think it warrants a $15 purchase. So, my view on it is: Nintendo releases fully complete game with more content than before (Ex: Mario Kart 8 has more content then past games so we're not getting scammed into purchasing DLC for what should be in it in the first place), THEN they can release DLC & Amiibo things that would give you a lot more content, rather than just a customizable option. That way it's not pay to play, but it also delivers content worth the purchase. Another idea I saw on a Gamexplain video was basically "purchase DLC online or buy Amiibo and unlock said DLC + a figurine to go with the purchase." As for Animal Crossing, I could imagine unlocking new types of places or even PWPs? We all know Nintendo, and, like Warrior said, they have ideas not even thought of yet!

Me too. I'm NOT a fan of Amiibo tbh. It seems like just another way for them to make money off of people. It'll make the game a lot less fun to play if you have to have some of them just to make parts of the game functional. It better be optional, so if there are any people out there who don't want to get any, don't have to.

I don't want AC to turn into Skylanders. I don't want to spend ?35 on the game and then using ?5-?15 to get what I want.

Me too. I'm NOT a fan of Amiibo tbh. It seems like just another way for them to make money off of people. It'll make the game a lot less fun to play if you have to have some of them just to make parts of the game functional. It better be optional, so if there are any people out there who don't want to get any, don't have to.

Haven't they already said that Amiibo are completely optional?

Haven't they already said that Amiibo are completely optional?

Depends on the game. It could be a cool addition, or a spend-for-enjoyment. I wouldn't mind collecting some of the figures though, they look well made XD

Looking at the preorder price of just one Amiibo figurine, they look like they're gonna be pretty pricey for a while before they can go down. On an American website, one was $30. That's a lot of money for a tiny thing like that, so just ten of those would equal the price of the console itself.

So if there was an Amiibo for every single Animal Crossing character, then I know that I'd be pretty annoyed. I'm sure they'd find much better ways to put them into the new game though.
I agree with Warrior when they said about being able to play the game without worrying about what villagers you have.

It could be a great feature to have in the game, if used correctly. I hope it's not a huge thing during the game though, otherwise it won't feel like Animal Crossing anymore.

Last edited:
Looking at the preorder price of just one Amiibo figurine, they look like they're gonna be pretty pricey for a while before they can go down. On an American website, one was $30. That's a lot of money for a tiny thing like that, so just ten of those would equal the price of the console itself.

So if there was an Amiibo for every single Animal Crossing character, then I know that I'd be pretty annoyed. I'm sure they'd find much better ways to put them into the new game though.
I agree with Warrior when they said about being able to play the game without worrying about what villagers you have.

It could be a great feature to have in the game, if used correctly. I hope it's not a huge thing during the game though, otherwise it won't feel like Animal Crossing anymore.

I'm not saying that they couldn't be $30, but that's probably just a temporary price.
But my guess for the price is about $10-$15, because that's been the typical rate for the "figure" games. (Skylanders and Disney Infinity)

Last edited:
I'm not saying that they couldn't be $30, but that's probably just a temporary price.
Even if it is a temporary price, it still suggests that it's going to be a lot of money for just one. I wouldn't be surprised if they did try to start off by selling them at that much though. Gee, I don't even think I'd spend more than ?10-15 for one, even though they're brand new/coming soon.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hopefully. That's too high for one imo.
A temporary price could also mean that it's raised later on before the release.

Back