• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Least favorite thing about City Folk?

Now that ive been playing NL for over a year when I play CF (rarely) I look at the characters and they're so short and stubby.

My least favorite thing in this game is the city itself. It had a lot to live up, but it ended up being more like of a very small shopping mall than a true city. The fact that it takes a minute every time I take a bus tarnishes its already slim appeals.

Well other than the Villager conversations being dumbed down than what they were in the previous games.
The city was pretty underwhelming, it's basically a big shopping center and nothing else. I wish there was more to do there.

My least favorite thing is that nothing ever spawned. I never got a UFO, Pascal(I think that was his name) or any characters that would randomly visit. When I finally got Katie, no one played CF anymore so I couldn't get rid of her.

I felt City Folk didn't really bring much of anything new to the series. The only thing major thing is of course the city, was has been replaced by the main street of town (or the shopping district if you prefer), which makes more sense to me. While I actually found the city itself kind of entertaining to visit, it really didn't have enough to offer. It was basically Wild World for the Wii, with some touch-ups done. Effectively making it a better version of Wild World in my opinion. Neither City Folk nor Wild World have aged well in my opinion, I enjoyed them, but I feel they are obsolete.

But on the other side, I did like that the player houses were separated again, and spread out. Rather, than having the players live in the same area (AC:GC), or forcing them to live in the same house (Wild World).

My least favorite part about ACCF is the female character design compared to the previous two games. I didn't know this game was the worst AC game ever.

My least favorite thing about City Folk is that they didn't add the NES games to it.

What. I just played City Folk... LOL. I don't have a least favorite thing about this game! It's wonderful! It was my first AC game. I went to New Leaf and back down to Wild World. I personally don't like the copy I got. When I used to play it on my currently dead 3DS it's graphics were horrid.

I never played CF much, mainly because it was on the Wii. I prefer playing Animal Crossing on the DS, because I can take it anywhere... But I'd have to say my least favorite part was the lack of interaction with the villagers. It seems like they repeated themselves constantly.

I love the city!!! And the bus, especially the bus stop (though at the time it annoyed me a little how the bus just drove out of the river and then right through the able sisters) and that fountain with your one. I prefer the city to main street and I hope we see it again. I also like how the villagers houses are bigger on the outside, in New Leaf they look so small but the town is smaller I really hate those round houses though I have to really like a villager to let a round house in my town ...

City folk is just the bland member of the series, it just didn't bring anything new to the table. Plus, the Wii controls were pretty bad.

I think the worst thing about City Folk is the dialogue. They say the same things over and over and you never hear anything new. And every time they ping you they just want a new catchphrase or greeting. It was so annoying.

Yep. They would say one thing and then say the same thing for the whole rest of the day. I hated it. :/

Also hated the grass deterioration, the controls and just the game in general. Wild World was my first game and I loved it and then City Folk was the exact same except it wasn't half as fun. The only thing I ever wanted to do was go to the city XD

Last edited:
controls, lack of things to do, it being a wii game (animal crossing is sooo much better on a handheld control)

tbh now when i go back to it i can't see why i loved it so much lol )x

- - - Post Merge - - -

The grass wear. It was so bad compared to NL.

lol true in my town there's barely any grass left in the upper half of town

That has to be the fountain part with Serena. I must've resetted over 100 times in the past week and STLL NO GOLD AXE :mad:

This had no purpose in this game, other than being extremely tedious and annoying! I'm glad they removed it from New Leaf. Never again!

Back