Least favorite thing about City Folk?

ac_girl26

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
It seems like a lot of people didn't really like CF, mainly because it's almost just like WW just better graphics. I personally love City Folk, but I was just wondering, what was your least favorite thing about it? What was a feature that you maybe weren't so fond of? Anything you hated about the game? :confused:

The controls with the Wiimote were obnoxious. However, I did feel like it brought nothing new to the table. I could just play Wild World easier, since it was portable, and not miss anything from City Folk.

I think the worst thing about City Folk is the dialogue. They say the same things over and over and you never hear anything new. And every time they ping you they just want a new catchphrase or greeting. It was so annoying.

The conversations did always seem kind of repetitive, it's a little frustrating. >.<

Last edited:
How can anyone say the worst thing about CF was anything other than the horrid "grass detoriation" idea aka Desertification. I liked CF but it had a lot of big problems. I didn't even like Wild World actually. Not a fan of the original DS.

Last edited:
The city was awful, or maybe my imagination was too big when I guess what it'd be like. When I thought of the city, I imagined an actual city where everything was spread out. What did I get? I square of land that was smaller than the town itself. How can you even call that a city?
Like I said, my expectations were too different when I imagined the city in CF.

The only things I didn't like about CF were 1, the houses only had 3 rooms and 2, I felt like the City needed something like the lockers they implemented in NL. I know that not that many items were available to purchase in the City, but it was a pain in the behind going back and forth if you were wanting to buy all the Gracie stuff at once or if you forgot to empty your pockets before you left.
Other than that, I didn't have any problems with CF

Main thing I didn't like about Animal Crossing: City Folk was how boring it got after about 2 months of gameplay. Sure you could go online with friends, but even then, you had to come up with your own games.

It not being on a handheld device. I hate not being able to play Animal Crossing wherever and whenever. Especially considering how hard it is just to get the TV to myself for a few minutes. I have way more hours on WW compared to CF even though over all I liked CF better. NL is the best of both worlds though, my favourite of the 3 and it's a handheld.

The thing I hated most about CF is that WW came before it. WW was terrible. Awful. CF righted it in every way. Sure, it may not be on a handheld device. So what? Better graphics, the city, better online play, CF was undoubtedly the better of the two.

The only thing I didn't like about City Folk was the controls my arm would get sore cause I had to keep holding the wii remote up. And I don't like that you can't take it on the go.

Last edited:
I don't like how City Folk didn't even have a city.It's more like a second town,that's even smaller than your own...

I never played CF but the MOST ANNOYING THING IS THE STUPID ANIMAL TRACKS or grass deterioration as other people may called it. It wrecks your town's beauty. I'm glad it happens slower in NL.

I felt like the City needed something like the lockers they implemented in NL. I know that not that many items were available to purchase in the City, but it was a pain in the behind going back and forth if you were wanting to buy all the Gracie stuff at once or if you forgot to empty your pockets before you left.

But it did have that. There was the checkroom in the auction house, which lets you access your storage. It works the same way as the lockers in New Leaf.

grasswear, ruined the fun of the game bc u couldnt play many games bc everyone would be like "no running!!!!!" so u had to play ****in, walk on the roads and seek

But it did have that. There was the checkroom in the auction house, which lets you access your storage. It works the same way as the lockers in New Leaf.

I guess ya learn something new every day. I never go into the auction house so I never knew that. Thanks for letting me know! :)

No problem! Yeah, it's easy to forget about, since there generally wasn't much reason to even go in there. There have been times I forgot about it too, and returned to my town unnecessarily. Oh well. :p

City Folk was my first Animal Crossing game, so I didn't have anything to compare it to, but the deterioration was pretty bad.

The controls. I can't stand them. It's way too difficult to catch bugs and fish and overall just feels uncomfortable. A game like Animal Crossing I feel isn't meant for motion controls and such.
Because of the controls I can never get dedicated to a City Folk town and I usually ditch it immediately.

Back