• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Least favorite thing about City Folk?

That has to be the fountain part with Serena. I must've resetted over 100 times in the past week and STLL NO GOLD AXE :mad:

This had no purpose in this game, other than being extremely tedious and annoying! I'm glad they removed it from New Leaf. Never again!

i heard u can only get it when it's raining but idk tho. it's super tedious and annoying ):

The motion controls are awful, but that was probably with the Wii itself and not just CF. I just picked the game up again today and liked it, but my nunchuck doesn't work so I had to use the Wiimote for everything, and it was nearly impossible to move furniture around and walking was really annoying.

And grasswear is a total nightmare. I tried to move flowers around to make a path so the grass on the outside on the paths could grow back, but I doubt it will. After not having played the game in months, there was still barely any grass growing where there were a bunch of gold roses.

The grass wearing down can get annoying, but besides that, I don't think the game is as bad as people think. Ya it's similar to Wild World, but that doesn't make it bad in my opinion.

I'll say it, since yesterday was the Harvest Festival, the randomness of getting the harvast series!
Just like Jack, you HAVE to find Franklin, in different locations EVERY. SINGLE. TIME! Also every time you want a harvest item, you have to go to the mayor and get knife and fork. Then you have to give the knife and fork to a villatger for info on Franklin's whereabouts and go find him, which takes a FREAKING long time, because of the stupid "signboard" hints! After that you have to go the mayor, AGAIN, for another knife and fork and find Franklin!

I'm still messing the harvest wall lamp. This is the second day I spend on the Harvest Festival and I STILL haven't got it!

Nintendo! Give the items in order in future AC games, instead of randomizing it!

Last edited:
The worst thing by far is how it automatically goes into a regular convo with a villager once you talk to them, instead of giving a "whats up" / "nevermind" option. Like for real, I don't wanna talk to marcel unless im forced because he's awful

The repetitive conversations and boring soundtrack (Really? Using Wild World's soundtrack again?) make City Folk one of my least favorite games in the series nowadays.

I know a lot of people have said this before so I'm not going to blow anyone's minds by saying this or contribute anything new, but I really don't like the grass wear. I only just started playing New Leaf a couple of weeks ago but from what I've heard the grass wear is a million times better because it wears out slower and grows back quicker. Let's Go to the City just makes your town look like a desert. It's a shame too, because I've seen winter on Let's Go to the City when not much grass has worn out and I've seen winter when most of it has, and the difference is astounding. Winter looks so pretty on Let's Go to the City when there's a lot of snow, but currently my town is half snow and half mud and it doesn't look as good.

My second least favourite thing is that the same animal will want a new catchphrase every. Single. Day. I've actually just given up on giving them new catchphrases because there's only so many times I can give Apollo a new catchphrase before I just want to throw my Wii remote at him.

I remember being excited for this game, and then disappointed. After just two months in I stopped playing altogether. In the original AC and Wild World, dialogue was fluid and ever changing. City Folk, for some reason, has villagers stuck on one thought until you physically enter a house/building and come out again. This ruined the experience because talking to villagers have always been the highlight of the franchise to me. The AI felt more robotic. I couldn't get attached to anyone and felt disconnected.

The city was underwhelming too. And on top of that, the wii remote plus nunchuk controls left my wrists feeling stiff. It's not comfortable to play for extended periods of time.

My least fav thing was the grass problem. And also how it was too similiar to wild world :c city folk was a good game but def not the best out of the series

My least fav thing was the grass problem. And also how it was too similiar to wild world :c city folk was a good game but def not the best out of the series

Agreed. Another one is that it wasn't on a hand-held device. I think Animal Crossing should only be on hand-held devices because I spend more hours on the game that way. I think I'll go back and play City Folk eventually though, I liked that game a lot and it brings back a lot of nostalgia thinking about it. <3

I agree City Folk was just an update of Wild World. I wasn't planning on buying New Leaf at first because of how boring City Folk was.

I also didn't like how small everything was. Holy crap, when I first played everything was just so weird because compared to Wild World. The player was smaller and the trees were smaller. It's like everything was all "chibi".

Resetti.
I know he's in ACNL, but at least you can easily skip all of that dialogue.
I played City Folk (Let's go to the city, in my country) at a young age. About 7 or 8.
I was stupid and didn't know what to press to make him shut up.

The controls with the Wiimote were obnoxious. However, I did feel like it brought nothing new to the table. I could just play Wild World easier, since it was portable, and not miss anything from City Folk.

I know you posted this a long time ago but I would like to make it known that you can plug in a Nunchuk and have AC:GC like controls

My least favourite thing about this game are the annoying Wild World fanboys who love to hate on it for no reason other than "omg there's grass deteriotion", "omg it's too similar to wild world" or "omg it's a game that's not wild world (WTF?!)". But seriously, my least favourite thing about this game is grass deteriotion but other than that I still love this game and I don't give a crap about the fact that it re-used music and areas from Wild World.

Also this double-post bug is really annoying.

Last edited:
Back