Do you have any regrets in game?

Rushed a little on the map selection. I hate beaches that are gapped. And apples. I hate apples.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I regret my town name. I regret it so much it hurts. :'C

I was going for the Belle Reve from A Streetcar Named Desire, which is intentionally incorrect french in the play, to make a statement...anyway, I'm not gonna explain it, if you know the play than you know what that all is about. But it's a french phrase, and it's totally incorrect grammar.

When I was entering it in, with Rover, there wasn't enough space, so I had to put Bel Reve instead, which is even worse grammar-wise, and now doesn't even match my original reasoning of the plantation name from the play. XC So basically, I always feel dumb when I have to tell someone the name of my town, and pray that they don't speak french, because then they'll think I'm a total moron.

I mean, I worked my buns off on my town, it would be nice to be able to feel like it's perfectly the way I wanted it. But the only way I could change the name, is to demolish all my hard work. Isn't that ironic...

It's almost funny, if it wasn't so sad.

I actually remember the first time I saw you on the boards (which was earlier this week so.. x__x), and my inital reaction was "waaat das not rite". But almost automatically, I remember that AC sucks because of their chara count, so it made sense. Don't worry, no one thinks you're dumb. Especially not someone who named their town "Dinosaur" (I didn't think I'd be playing with Wifi people.... ;___;).

1. I kinda regret my town name
2. I wish I used a face guide (But I didnt know it existed when I first played)
3. I kinda regret my house placement

That's about it, I don't really mind though o.o

Rushed a little on the map selection. I hate beaches that are gapped. And apples. I hate apples.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I actually remember the first time I saw you on the boards (which was earlier this week so.. x__x), and my inital reaction was "waaat das not rite". But almost automatically, I remember that AC sucks because of their chara count, so it made sense. Don't worry, no one thinks you're dumb. Especially not someone who named their town "Dinosaur" (I didn't think I'd be playing with Wifi people.... ;___;).

Aw, thanks that actually did make me feel better about it. :) Also, I hate apples too, that's also my town fruit. So boring. And I think Dinosaur is a great name, because I'm sort of obsessed with watching documentaries about them. XD

Aw, thanks that actually did make me feel better about it. :) Also, I hate apples too, that's also my town fruit. So boring. And I think Dinosaur is a great name, because I'm sort of obsessed with watching documentaries about them. XD

Right? Agh, apples. Why couldn't I have gotten peaches? Those giant, golden peaches are so pretty. I'm so envious.
A documentary about dinosaurs was actually on when I decided. I had just gotten the game and was in a rush to get started, it was pretty much "f this I'll name it Dinosaur raawrr no one will ever know".

House placement for Joey :( my all time favorite villager. I'm starting to hate his house placement, but I don't want to lose him

Probably letting Pashmina go. The day she moved out I was so busy bc we moved into a new house as well and I couldn't pay that much attention to my DS. Huhuhuh T-T

Kinda regret the name of my town. I also regret letting Hazel go >: she was so adorable and now she's taunting me on my main street ;__; i really don't want to try to cycle to get her back though bc i don't want to risk losing anyone :s bleeeh

I kind-of regret my town map? I'm a bit hesistant, because it's definitely not the worst. I remember when I made my town, I made sure that my retail was on a decent place. So I am happy about that. Nah, the thing that bothers me a little is that my waterfall is facing to the west. I remember having a hard time spotting fishy shadows right underneath it (trying to catch the salmons or w/e). Eventually I just caught the fish that would spawn there in my boyfriend's town >_> His is facing south, so the waterfall is all up in yo' screen. It's much more convenient that way!

Then there's another tiny thing that bothers me every now and then. My beaches are split up and I saw that some people have one looooong beach, with both 'stairs' on it if that makes any sense? Since I breed flowers and run a flower shop, my beaches are filled with hybrids. The thing that annoys me is that I sometimes need to run across my town just to get to the other beach for picking up flowers.

As you can see, these complaints are minor. So itty-bitty-tiny.. that I shouldn't be complaining in the first place. I feel for everyone who is not satisfied with their character name and/or town name. It sucks to have spent so much time on your town just to find out later that you get second thoughts about the name.

trifuxy is see you. Your town name doesn't sound bad to me :)

Last edited:
I regret my placement of my police station and what police action I chose. I sorta regret my campsite placement, my face (I sorta found a solution though) and my town fruit.

Wish I'd plot reset two villagers as now they're both at the other end of the map to the other 8!

I regret my town map, it feels so small compared to other towns >.>

Last edited:
my town map, I have six ponds (yes six) and it really takes quite a bit of space.
also I guess the placement of my campsite could have been better, but it works just fine.

YES. SO MUCH.
My main town's layout sucks! It's the worst one ever. I've never come across one that I disliked more. It was my first town and I liked it at first but now it's horrible, the way my mayors house is placed, the river etc., makes it look SO small.
Also, more regret, my campsite is in the worst spot as well. And before I knew plot reset existed, I let two dreamies make their plots wayyyy far from the residential part of my town ugh. But I have 10/10 dreamies and can't reset..

I put my lighthouse where I wanted my police station to go and now have no idea where to put the police station :(

You can actually demolish the lighthouse and build it somewhere else. But the police station can't be demolished once you build it.

You can actually demolish the lighthouse and build it somewhere else. But the police station can't be demolished once you build it.

I know. I just don't want to go through the hassle having to demolish it, especially since I'm paying more than B300,000 to build the dang thing. Which is why I planned everything out in my head. Then I forgot my plans and placed the lighthouse T.T

I know. I just don't want to go through the hassle having to demolish it, especially since I'm paying more than B300,000 to build the dang thing. Which is why I planned everything out in my head. Then I forgot my plans and placed the lighthouse T.T

I see. Well, that's true, it is pricey. But in the end, it would suck if you build the police station somewhere you hate, then not be able to move it. You'll get to a point maybe in the game where 300K won't seem THAT painful. I'd recommend not building the police station until you are absolutely happy with its location. GL :)

Back