• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Bubble Tea (Boba tea)

Sanaki

moon child
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Since I've been visiting my boyfriend, I've tried all sorts of Vietnamese and foreign foods/drinks.. and I am seriously addicted to Milk boba tea lol. Does anyone else here like it a lot? It's the tea with the tapioca pearls and it comes in other flavors.. Thai milk tea, rose milk tea, etc.

I'm afraid to go home and find no place that sells this.. because I've never heard of it before I came to Los Angeles. :(

I've never been a big fan of boba--it's so sweet, almost saccharine to me, but I do love Thai tea.

I like regular boba in my bubble tea.
Usually I get strawberry or avocado.

And as someone who's Vietnamese, I'm pretty sure Bubble Tea came from Taiwan. Not Vietnam.

Last edited:
i love bbt. chatime tea is probs the best (imo). qq grassjelly <3 i used to really like the flavoured ones but now i default to black milk tea or green milk tea (jasmine) w tapioca or jelly. depends on what im feeling

boba milk tea is so good; now i'm craving some Q_Q

Lollycup, Meow Meows, Ten Ren's.. etc

ahhhhh this list goes on of all the most lovely places to ever get boba at.

i love mini boba!

I've never been a big fan of boba--it's so sweet, almost saccharine to me, but I do love Thai tea.

Can't you ask for less sugar?

And I love bubble tea, they sell it in a lot of places where I live

Bubble Tea is my favorite. I used to get them every year on Cambodian New Years when we'd go up to the local Temple. A lot of Vietnamese restaurants have been opening up around my area and I always order Bubble Tea after finishing a big bowl of Pho. I really like Honeydew, but recently everyone is making them overly sweet. I finally tried Avocado flavored Bubble Tea and it's the best thing I've ever had.

I really, really love boba tea! Tea in general is my favorite hot drink, so to have it in a iced form is even better on warm days.

I'm afraid to go home and find no place that sells this.. because I've never heard of it before I came to Los Angeles. :(

Where I live, there's barely any places that sell it. On top of that, it's pretty far away. So I usually make it at home. I can send you a Chai Bubble Tea recipe along with a few other home-made bubble tea tips if you want C: !

This one girl I follow on Twitter wouldn't stop posting pictures of her drinks so I asked her what it was and she told me that it was bubble tea and it was amazing. So I went with my cousin to try it and I LOVED IT!

I wasn't a fan of the tapioca which I assume defeats the purpose of the drink but it was 50 cents more to add it. Since I didn't like them, what's the point? xD

BUT I love bubble tea. I wish there was a bubble tea store in my city.

I loveeeee boba. <3

My favorite is the honeydew milk tea boba. There are a lot of places to get it too, but mostly in Chinatown where I live.

I'm surrounded by boba places ._. Just had one today and I'm kinda getting tired of it.

My favorite is thai milk tea and my favorite place is yami, their boba is really good, soft, chewy, and fresh (still hot) and ugh actually I'm craving that one now. The one I went to today is called oko cafe sumo size and I guess I'm tired of it because it's so big???

And my friend worked at Honey Boba before so I was there at least twice a week eek

I did have Boba Tea once at this mall called the East Pacific Mall (All sorts of Asian shops <3) I did love the flavor, however the Tapioca Balls just made me go ick after trying one Dx I really wish I had asked for it w/o said Tapioca stuff haha.

Last edited:
I love bubble tea! It's a shame I don't get to drink it as often I would of have liked to. qq I used to go to EasyWay, but now it's either gone, or moved to a different section of the shopping centre (since they're constructing a new floor) that's near my area. Really hoping the reason is the latter.

I usually order either taro milk tea, mango green/black tea or peach black tea. Might try and be adventurous and order something else next time.

I love bubble tea; there are only like three places in my state though. Also, I've seen people on YouTube drinking bubble tea who live in LA.

Last edited:
Back