• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Bubble Tea (Boba tea)

I love biting into it lol I always try to get all the boba out before I finish the tea but it just never happens.

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's a thing called popping boba? >_> is there like flavor inside?

yes!! omg there's different flavors, like strawberry, mango, lychee. :> some places have them, you can always ask if they do. the skin is a little thin, like the tapioca ball... so when you bite into it, juice comes out. LOL

There are Asian markets that sell boba. It's frozen, so you have to defrost it and then you can make your own milk tea at home!

Not really a huge fan of it, personally. Nothing horrendously wrong with it, but it wasn't my thing.

i had boba tea maybe once or twice.. not a big fan lol. i didn't like the texture of the bubble things, and just preferred the taste of the drink itself more than the taste of the thingies.

They had it in the mall when I was a teenager. I had to get it every time I was there. Then the mall went downhill and everything started closing. R.I.P. Bubble Tea. Now I have a massive craving that I can't do anything about.

eh i dont really like it
its been a long time since i've tried it though

I love it! I need to order the orbs to make it at home since it's hard to find here. I usually have to drive to a city that's an hour away in order to find it anywhere.

If anyone has any recommendations for stuff to buy for it, I'm all ears. Or tips for making it. Whatever :D

Why did a thread from 2014 get bumped :thinking:
Anyways, I looooooove bubble tea it's my favourite thing ever <3 my favourite flavour is coconut pineapple but only one place makes it so usually I just have regular coconut.

i dont get why people like boba so much ?\_(ツ)_/? it's like chewing on gum thats been nearly drained of all of its flavor

i personally like it, but after having one it actually made me feel sick because of how sweet it was; it was still good tho.

nO I saw it and it looks really creepy... those black balls half obscured by the milky tea looking ****
Eww, it literally gave me shivers

I like the flavor, but it always makes me feel sick. Don't know why :\ maybe I'm slightly allergic to it.

I've grown quite fond of it since I live in SEA and there are lots and lots of boba shop and they do have wide varieties of flavors so you won't get bored haha. They even have various bobas: regular boba, mini boba, popping boba (when you bite em, they bursts out fruity syrup), golden boba, and some more.

Still, I prefer the classic coffee and tea as a to-go beverages. Boba tea is alright, just don't drink it too often lol.

Nope haven't tried it. Not too big around here unless I'm totally lost.. but I'd totally like to try it!

I really enjoy boba as long as the pearls aren't too chewy, one place I went they weren't fully cooked or something so it was kind of yucky. But I love all the flavors I've tried. Melon, Taro, and Green Tea. I'd love to try a Thai tea version because I LOVE Thai ice tea.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've grown quite fond of it since I live in SEA and there are lots and lots of boba shop and they do have wide varieties of flavors so you won't get bored haha. They even have various bobas: regular boba, mini boba, popping boba (when you bite em, they bursts out fruity syrup), golden boba, and some more.

Still, I prefer the classic coffee and tea as a to-go beverages. Boba tea is alright, just don't drink it too often lol.

We had popping boba at our local yogurt shop, they're SO good!

Oh my god- I love Boba Tea. I like milk tea with the boba beads in it. We go to this Vietnamese place downtown to get it and it's wonderful! My old town used to have a Boba Tea shop, but it closed down and broke my heart. That was my FAVORITE place to take people.

Oh yeah, I really like bubble tea.. I haven't had one since last year though I keep forgetting and with the school schedule I have right now it makes it kind of hard to go often.

Back