Mafia TBT Mafia XIII: XCOM: Enemy Within (End Game - Town Wins!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sorry for not posting recently, I have been really busy yesterday and today and I on top of that I have summer classes. But there obviously isn't much I can do now. I was waiting to vote until I felt really solid about what I wanted to do but we reached majority so quickly I didn't have time to analyze anything.

Night One

YNAowHI.png

Central reported immediately to the Situation Room. He was greeted on screen by an anonymous individual, who revealed nothing of his identity apart from his deep, disembodied voice.

?Hello, Junior Commander. We are deeply saddened to hear about the loss of your Commander. She was an exceptional leader.?

?Thank you,? Central replied, his voice quiet and cracking with emotion.

?Despite this setback, there's no time to talk of it further,? the shadowy figure interrupted, lacking any emotion. ?You have disappointed the Council today. You were meant to step up and fill your old Commander's shoes. You have not caught the traitor that did this, and you have neglected the mission in Toulouse. You must send out troops immediately. We're looking at a higher number of casualties than previously expected due to your delaying. What are you even doing about the traitor currently??

?Sir, I...? Central tried hard to find the right words as quickly as possible. ?I have a plan, and if it's successful I think it will be even better than killing someone who might be innocent. I am sending one of our Rookies on an undercover mission. They are breaching the EXALT headquarters as we speak. I've also assigned one of our best Assault soldiers to interrogate a suspect in the Alien Containment Facility. As you know that facility is one...?

?Enough of that,? the Council official snapped, anger in his voice. ?I know all about your damn Alien Containment Facility. Don't let me down again, and dispatch your troops immediately in Toulouse. I will be watching you, Central.?

The transmission fizzled out, leaving nothing but static on the monitor. Central flicked the switch on the loudspeaker, ?Strike One to the Skyranger immediately, it's standing by. All units requested to board rapidly. Big Sky, prepare for take off,? he hesitated, and then activated the loudspeaker again. ?Expect there to be casualties.? Central slumped in his chair, holding head in his hands. ?Good luck out there, Strike One.?

??? (XCOM Rookie) is entering the EXALT Headquarters.

You have 23 hours to send in any night actions (I ask that you send them in at least one hour before night ends). Night One ends on Wednesday 9th July at 19:00 (GMT), and all actions must be sent in by 18:00. I will not wait for late actions.

Players remaining: 34/34
Mafia KP: ??
EXALT remaining: ??

How many times can we update our will? I know we can only update it once a night but yeah.

Even though he hasn't posted, I did notice that Murray viewing the thread multiple times over the past 6-12 hours. Kind of different from his play in Newbie Mafia II (as a townie), where he was one of the most outspoken players until he died.

I'm going to have to agree with this. In newbie, Murray was eager to get the game going by attempting to create a divide (and got maf right on the first vote in doing so), and then was very vocal about his actions and criticized what other people were saying/doing in the game. And now she's active in the irc but not in this game? This is something worth taking notice of.

Also, just because somebody is viewing the thread and not posting very often doesn't mean they're lurking purposefully. Could be like me and forgets to close a tab they left open and it comes off as them still viewing the thread. I'd hope the jailer went with his or her gut and not with this advice.

- - - Post Merge - - -

'this advice' being the advice to jail the person that's lurking on the thread and not saying much.

- - - Post Merge - - -

also why do I keep getting my pronouns mixed up forgive me

- - - Post Merge - - -

You're all boys. That's what I'll go with. :|

The night is here so the XCOM Assault (Jailer) has clearly made his choice already, if we even have one - And that means that someone should now have been invited to a chat with them. I would advice that the jailed person keep this a secret, since the person who is in the cell is actually protected from harm at night as well. By remaining anonymous in the thread, if you are innocent, you may at least make scum waste a kill attempt on you. This applies even if you end up executed in the end. Don't tell anyone.

Also, I see no reason not to Roleclaim to the Jailer right away. You know they are confirmed town. There is no scum role that can Jail, so therefore you should be able to trust them. Obviously, scum will do whatever it takes to remain alive in there as well, so I hope that the Jailer hits that execute button if they're at all still suspicious of the jailed target when night is nearly over.

Waiting at doc's office for an appointment, checking in on the thread. Don't think Jailer plan was dumb, but majority reached so soon yes. Will respond appropriately to each post mentioned in when home.

Waiting at doc's office for an appointment, checking in on the thread. Don't think Jailer plan was dumb, but majority reached so soon yes. Will respond appropriately to each post mentioned in when home.

Okay, partner in crime.

Alright guys, I just woke up. I voted for a No Lynch because it seemed pretty likely that there would be a Jailor in the midst as it was a new role ; Plus, there were also some benefits to the plan, like a possible scumkill. I don't think the Jailor plan is really risky, and I'd appreciate it if you, Blu Rose, state the "too many variables" as you said. However, I will take part of the blame for letting Day end extremely early, when we could have gotten some discussion in.

Hopefully, something good comes out of the Jailor thing.

To follow up on my previous post..

The night is here so the XCOM Assault (Jailer) has clearly made his choice already, if we even have one - And that means that someone should now have been invited to a chat with them. I would advice that the jailed person keep this a secret, since the person who is in the cell is actually protected from harm at night as well. By remaining anonymous in the thread, if you are innocent, you may at least make scum waste a kill attempt on you. This applies even if you end up executed in the end. Don't tell anyone.

Also, I see no reason not to Roleclaim to the Jailer right away. You know they are confirmed town. There is no scum role that can Jail, so therefore you should be able to trust them. Obviously, scum will do whatever it takes to remain alive in there as well, so I hope that the Jailer hits that execute button if they're at all still suspicious of the jailed target when night is nearly over.

I have been informed in private that the player currently jailed has told a LARGE number of people that they are jailed currently. That means that the information has likely already reached the scum chats, and that they (scum) will now definitely not waste a kill on the person in question since they're protected anyways. To me, it seems incredibly scummy to spill this information to a large portion of the players in the game, and I hope that the jailer takes that into account when deciding if executing their prisoner is in their best interest. Unless they have a very solid defense which proves them innocent, I strongly suggest that you make good use of your kill-switch.

Murray's been in IRC.

murray needs to get in here and say something for themselves. even if they do not really know what they are doing, intentionally avoiding the thread while being active on other parts of the site is anti-town.

Sat, if the jailed person is scum then them telling everybody they're jailed doesnt mean anything because scum already KNOWS not to target them

To follow up on my previous post..

I have been informed in private that the player currently jailed has told a LARGE number of people that they are jailed currently. That means that the information has likely already reached the scum chats, and that they (scum) will now definitely not waste a kill on the person in question since they're protected anyways. To me, it seems incredibly scummy to spill this information to a large portion of the players in the game, and I hope that the jailer takes that into account when deciding if executing their prisoner is in their best interest. Unless they have a very solid defense which proves them innocent, I strongly suggest that you make good use of your kill-switch.

Hold it, you can't be sure that any information you've received is actually true unless there are no conflicting claims with the person who was/is jailed. I also don't really understand why it's such an issue for the jailee to spread that information. Do we want him/her dead if he/she is Town?

Sat, if the jailed person is scum then them telling everybody they're jailed doesnt mean anything because scum already KNOWS not to target them

There is two scum teams in this game, Mister Oath. ;)

Hold it, you can't be sure that any information you've received is actually true unless there are no conflicting claims with the person who was/is jailed. I also don't really understand why it's such an issue for the jailee to spread that information. Do we want him/her dead if he/she is Town?

If the jailed person lives or dies is up to the jailer at the point. For the prisoner to tell everyone that they are jailed is a mistake since the prisoner is PROTECTED at night whilst jailed. If they are town, and the jailors agrees, then they are essentially invulnerable to getting killed tonight. However, if every scummy person in the game knows that they are in the cell, thus invulnerable for the night, they will chose to kill someone else instead of wasting a kill.

There is two scum teams in this game, Mister Oath. ;)

If the jailed person lives or dies is up to the jailer at the point. For the prisoner to tell everyone that they are jailed is a mistake since the prisoner is PROTECTED at night whilst jailed. If they are town, and the jailors agrees, then they are essentially invulnerable to getting killed tonight. However, if every scummy person in the game knows that they are in the cell, thus invulnerable for the night, they will chose to kill someone else instead of wasting a kill.

But there are 34 people in the game... scum problem have nothing on this person anyway so why would they kill him/her, I don't see how this makes much of an impact.

But there are 34 people in the game... scum problem have nothing on this person anyway so why would they kill him/her, I don't see how this makes much of an impact.

i think it just means that like. scum know a person they shouldn't target. i.e they might have wanted to target them previously and by the jailed person not telling anyone, scum would still have targetted them and then wasted their shot but by telling people now they know not to target them and to kill someone else. i guess sataric's just saying it means they have one less kill wasted which is obviously bad bc we want them to waste their kills lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh wow i just properly understood what you meant, maybe the player is a strong player they would have wanted to get rid of? idk

Get in the IRC then, lol. I'm pretty sure most talk goes on in IRC. I prefer it because I hate the quoting glitch in PM's and it's easier to talk.

I would but most of the time I am doing this on my ipad because my computer is a piece of crap and takes soo long to do anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back