The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Does adding images to posts cost bells? I never knew that until someone mentioned it, then I went to my transaction log and sure enough it said I spent 7 bells on a post where I posted a picture. That seems odd to me, since pics can enhance discussion, especially if you're showing in-game screenshots or something like that. Maybe I'm mistaken?

Does adding images to posts cost bells? I never knew that until someone mentioned it, then I went to my transaction log and sure enough it said I spent 7 bells on a post where I posted a picture. That seems odd to me, since pics can enhance discussion, especially if you're showing in-game screenshots or something like that. Maybe I'm mistaken?

After viewing your transaction log, it actually looks like the 7 bells you "lost" were simply from a thread edit. Since you had already earned 7 bells for posting the thread, the deduction of 7 bells was because the system will credit you the original bells a second time when you save after editing, then deduct them to balance things out again. I know it can be confusing to see the "spent" transactions show up in your log, but you didn't actually lose anything. :blush:

To answer your original question, I believe it does charge bells if you use the site uploader, but you can bypass that by uploading your images to an external hosting site like imgur.com.

My little collectable is a question mark :( Should be Christmas lights. Was it only a temporary collectable or is this a bug?

After viewing your transaction log, it actually looks like the 7 bells you "lost" were simply from a thread edit. Since you had already earned 7 bells for posting the thread, the deduction of 7 bells was because the system will credit you the original bells a second time when you save after editing, then deduct them to balance things out again. I know it can be confusing to see the "spent" transactions show up in your log, but you didn't actually lose anything. :blush:

To answer your original question, I believe it does charge bells if you use the site uploader, but you can bypass that by uploading your images to an external hosting site like imgur.com.

Oh I see! Thanks for the explanation :)

I bought a Title color change and used it, but the color didn't change and now the Configure button is gone. I've been gone for awhile, so maybe I just forgot how these things work. Did I do something wrong? I wanted to change it from pink to, like, red or something.

I bought a Title color change and used it, but the color didn't change and now the Configure button is gone. I've been gone for awhile, so maybe I just forgot how these things work. Did I do something wrong? I wanted to change it from pink to, like, red or something.

You can only change them once, if you want a different color then buy a new one...

First, make sure the correct item is active in your inventory if you have more than one user title color change.

The issue we normally see is people forgetting to add the # symbol in front of the hex code, which won't allow the item to work properly. There's also an option to preview, so if there are no changes to the color when the preview is prompted then the code was entered incorrectly.

First, make sure the correct item is active in your inventory if you have more than one user title color change.

The issue we normally see is people forgetting to add the # symbol in front of the hex code, which won't allow the item to work properly. There's also an option to preview, so if there are no changes to the color when the preview is prompted then the code was entered incorrectly.

I definitely previewed it and it was the same red as I had in my signature texts (I had copy/pasted the hex code to be certain).

I have tried disabling and enabling both of the color changes I have and then enabling one or the other and the pink one works but the one that previewed as, and was intended to be, a dark red is not working.

I'lol just earn more tbt and try again. It's not a huge deal, was just curious and thought to ask.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can only change them once, if you want a different color then buy a new one...

And yes, I bought a new one. I'm aware of the one-time use...

It doesn't seem worthwhile making a whole new thread over this...

Can you make it so that :P will become :p instead of just :p? It's been bugging me for a while and shouldn't be too much trouble to change, I assume.

Unless there's some reason for only lowercase Ps turning into emojis?

I definitely previewed it and it was the same red as I had in my signature texts (I had copy/pasted the hex code to be certain).

I have tried disabling and enabling both of the color changes I have and then enabling one or the other and the pink one works but the one that previewed as, and was intended to be, a dark red is not working.

I'lol just earn more tbt and try again. It's not a huge deal, was just curious and thought to ask.

That's odd. I'll refund your TBT bells as a one time courtesy so you can give it another try, I'm just perplexed as to why it wouldn't work if it showed up correctly in the preview. Let us know if you have any further issues!

Hey, I bought a username change in Dec but didn't have a chance to use it before it was made invisible. I'd still like to change my username so once the changes reappear, will I be able to use the one I already bought?

Hey, I bought a username change in Dec but didn't have a chance to use it before it was made invisible. I'd still like to change my username so once the changes reappear, will I be able to use the one I already bought?

i think you can, it would make sense, since you have paid before. just contact a staff member about it, i'm sure they'll understand. yall better understand smh help this poor guy out

Is there a way to earn more seashells? I'd like a username change but I've foolishly spent 2 seashells already.

I don't think so! Seashells are only given to you when you first join.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why are we taken away 2 TBT when we upload an image? Yes, we use Imgur, but it's more complicated than clicking the icon and uploading.

Why are we taken away 2 TBT when we upload an image? Yes, we use Imgur, but it's more complicated than clicking the icon and uploading.

Did you edit the picture when you posted the image? And I'd like to think it's to keep from spamming pictures, but it might be something else. Two tbt isn't that much though, I could earn that from posting.

Images use storage. I guess this kind of acts like a per-user storage quota that isn't a fixed figure.

Anyway, this website seriously compresses images so I'd recommend using the likes of Imgur anyway.

Did you edit the picture when you posted the image? And I'd like to think it's to keep from spamming pictures, but it might be something else. Two tbt isn't that much though, I could earn that from posting.

I don't need help with uploading, I was just asking why we get taken away TBT when we use the Bell Tree uploader.

I don't need help with uploading, I was just asking why we get taken away TBT when we use the Bell Tree uploader.

I wasn't helping you upload, I was trying to help you figure it out. Editing posts takes away tbt, that's what I was getting at.

Maybe because to save space on the server, the admins added a fee to host your own image on the server which most likely makes people use the direct link option and upload their images to imgur (which is free, i think). Note, this is just my opinion and for all we know, Jeremy likes to have the most bells and plans to charge us even more in the future.

Back