• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Will I get an infraction for making what might be too many donut threads?

Im sorry I didnt intend to break any rules that might exist on making too many threads about similar things?

I've only seen one doughnut thread of yours. If they are all different enough, it shouldn't be a problem and will annoy some people at most. Making threads on soggy foods in particular seems more risky.

This is probably staring me right in the face, but how do you use the user title color change once you buy one ? i bought one but i'm not sure where to go to actually change the color x3

edit: whoops i think i posted this in the wrong thread u.u;
Go to your Inventory Page via the Shop, scroll until you find User Title Color Change. Click Configure, find the hex code color for the color you want, wait a few seconds to let the preview update so you can see the color beforehand and then click save if you're happy with it.

Will I get an infraction for making what might be too many donut threads?

Im sorry I didnt intend to break any rules that might exist on making too many threads about similar things?
I donut possess future sight, but as long as they meet post quality rules they should be fine.

Wait, Jake said username changes cost 10 sea shells, and that's how much you get when you register for the first time. but for the welcome bells you got 800, and that wasn't enough for username change? :c

Wait, Jake said username changes cost 10 sea shells, and that's how much you get when you register for the first time. but for the welcome bells you got 800, and that wasn't enough for username change? :c

That was one of the issues we took into consideration when the Seashells were created, as many people were making alts to abuse welcome bells for username changes or collectibles. With the Seashells we gave users a chance to get some account upgrades without necessarily having to spend all their newly earned TBT right away.

That was one of the issues we took into consideration when the Seashells were created, as many people were making alts to abuse welcome bells for username changes or collectibles. With the Seashells we gave users a chance to get some account upgrades without necessarily having to spend all their newly earned TBT right away.

No, I was saying that if you took the seashells away from older members but they only got 800 bells. That's equivalent of members getting only 6.5 seashells.

Before introducing seashells we received many messages about people making mistakes in their username or simply picking one at random when they first registered and after a few days realising they made a mistake. Making a username change affordable right from the very beginning was to cut down on people breaking the rules by making alternate accounts to get a different username without going through the hassle of saving up. When people first register they tend to see their account as more disposable than someone who has been around for a while so this was a common problem we used to have to deal with.

Is there anyway to give Brooke the difference in the shell bell things with a username change? Like idk...If she buys it refund her a little bells to make up the difference in the welcome bells and what shells would be?

Sorry idk if I should ask this

Nah you need to not have the lowercase username XD and the 7 on the end is sorta confusing

Lmao, why? When did this become a thing?

Tbh, this is just the username I default-ly use for EVERYthing. XD it's even my old email "brookesierra7@secretdomain.com".

I agree, it is kind of random I guess.

Last edited:
No, I wasn't getting mad at you Issi - I meant about everyone else. :)

I appreciate you trying to help <3

Let's talk about this in PM D: I don't wanna spam this thread.

Last edited:
Hey guys, please keep it to site related questions here and move it to VMs/PMs thank you. :)

Where is the thread about asking on opinions of username changes and stuff? I forgot .-.

I have a question about chat giveaways (where you have to be a specific poster to win). Is it okay to host any giveaway on the Blog Tree. I want to host a TBT giveaway that involves commenting on a blog entry, but I don't know if that's allowed or not. I know they are forbidden on the TBT Marketplace at least.

Last edited:
Where is the thread about asking on opinions of username changes and stuff? I forgot .-.

We don't have an official thread for that to my knowledge. Most of the threads I've seen about this have been in Brewster's (and I'm not sure they'd fit anywhere else), though I always thought they were a bit unnecessary unless they're made into a contest of some kind, in which case they'd belong in the TBT Marketplace or The Basement, depending on the rules.

Though I assume this is all irrelevant at this point since you've already changed your username!

I have a question about chat giveaways (where you have to be a specific poster to win). Is it okay to host any giveaway on the Blog Tree. I want to host a TBT giveaway that involves commenting on a blog entry, but I don't know if that's allowed or not. I know they are forbidden on the TBT Marketplace at least.

I don't see any problem with that at all.

:)

Nvm, I found the answer. :)

Last edited:
Is there a limit to how many images can be in signatures? Or do we need to get wait until the add-on is back on stock to add more in?

There is a limit of 4 images per signature. Since we have a 250 pixel signature limit, we have indefinitely discontinued the add-on since 4 images is more than enough to fill a 250 pixel space. You could argue that you want more images to put in a spoiler, but no one wants to view a drop down spoiler that's miles long full of images, either!

There is a limit of 4 images per signature. Since we have a 250 pixel signature limit, we have indefinitely discontinued the add-on since 4 images is more than enough to fill a 250 pixel space. You could argue that you want more images to put in a spoiler, but no one wants to view a drop down spoiler that's miles long full of images, either!
Hmm, I found out there could be only 4 images as soon as you answered my question. :p
But it's nice to know why the add-on is discontinued! Thanks for answering. :)

Back