• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

aaaaaaa spam attack in introduction board
and no mods on to help :(

Not sure what posting here is going to achieve? If you want us to attend something, report it. Just because you can't see any members of staff online doesn't mean someone isn't masked behind invisible mode.

Not sure what posting here is going to achieve? If you want us to attend something, report it. Just because you can't see any members of staff online doesn't mean someone isn't masked behind invisible mode.

Sorry guess that was stupid of me. I don't think they are spamming anymore, though...

K question, is there a maximum/minimum size for avatars or does it even matter

There's no minimum but computer minimum, but the maximum size you can have is 100x100. If you have the avatar width extension, it's 150x100.

There's an extension that expands your avatar to 150x150, but that's reserved to the staff - to prevent pages from stretching.

Hi, I'm wondering how to like a post. I see that some people ask to like their replies and I receive a new like alert sometimes but how do I give someone else post a like?

Hi, I'm wondering how to like a post. I see that some people ask to like their replies and I receive a new like alert sometimes but how do I give someone else post a like?

There is a box in the bottom-left part of a post. There's a number inside and a thumbs up icon next to it. Click on the icon to upvote the post. You can also click on the number to see who liked it before.

Last edited:
There's no minimum but computer minimum, but the maximum size you can have is 100x100. If you have the avatar width extension, it's 150x100.

There's an extension that expands your avatar to 150x150, but that's reserved to the staff - to prevent pages from stretching.

Is it really because of stretching? I've never had issues with staff/larger avatars and tbh I think it should be brought back as extension but yeah I guess it's a perk of staff nowadays, hm.

Is it really because of stretching? I've never had issues with staff/larger avatars and tbh I think it should be brought back as extension but yeah I guess it's a perk of staff nowadays, hm.

I 'member from last year that someone said that "the staff worked their butts off, so they deserve something more special", but their hard work on the site doesn't justify why the avatar height extension is limited to the staff.

When I read that the extensions were disabled because "it would make the pages stretch", I actually did research on that. So basically speaking, the avatar height extension was made "staff-only" probably for the same reason why signatures have a maximum height of 250 pixels.

I 'member from last year that someone said that "the staff worked their butts off, so they deserve something more special", but their hard work on the site doesn't justify why the avatar height extension is limited to the staff.

When I read that the extensions were disabled because "it would make the pages stretch", I actually did research on that. So basically speaking, the avatar height extension was made "staff-only" probably for the same reason why signatures have a maximum height of 250 pixels.

There are older member who could buy that as well such that penguin something user, so yeah tbh they could bring back that.. or they could try and run the site with just big avatars, idk. I can understand the signatures since they have more room to stretch and way more wide but as long as avatars are in the space they should and people don't abuse it.. why not.

^- Larger avatars = larger file sizes = longer page load times = less money in the bank (it's true, but I won't bother explaining if no-one cares).

^- Larger avatars = larger file sizes = longer page load times = less money in the bank (it's true, but I won't bother explaining if no-one cares).

I get your point, no need to explain. I guess it was doable in the beginning when it was a smaller size but yeah sometimes those restrictions make you go mad when you just want that perfect picture and it's flipping you off with its bad stretching in terms of trying to resize it.

I guess you could use those default 150 x 150 but still :rolleyes:

i get an 'invalid file' error whenever i try to insert anything in my signature, even if it meets the guidelines. the same error shows up even when i just put some plain text just to test it. what am i doing wrong?

Whenever I try updated my signature I get an "invalid file" error? My partner gets the same thing too

Hey guys! We're having some issues with signatures at the moment that are stemming from the internal site issues, so please just bear with us for a bit and it should be resolved.

Seems like the mods and admins are quite active today, hm?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hey guys! We're having some issues with signatures at the moment that are stemming from the internal site issues, so please just bear with us for a bit and it should be resolved.

All this "signature glitching" didn't seem to happen to me, but thanks Oblivia.

Last edited:
I've experienced this issue before but never addressed it but now it's occurring once again. I posted on my shop thread and for some reason the post isn't appearing, however the latest post is clearly stated by myself along with the exact time I posted it which was minutes ago. Do I just wait or what?

Last edited:
I've experienced this issue before but never addressed it but now it's occurring once again. I posted on my shop thread and for some reason the post isn't appearing, however the latest post is clearly stated by myself along with the exact time I posted it which was minutes ago. Do I just wait or what?

It's a post glitch. You'll just need to wait for it to unglitch or for someone to post in it.

Back