• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

How do I earn shells? I really want to change my title under my name :(

Edit: Oops, misread the item! Looks like it's the same in both shops ^^ . In which case, how does the title under my username change?
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Last edited:

Edit: Oops, misread the item! Looks like it's the same in both shops ^^ . In which case, how does the title under my username change?

just go to the settings tab at top of the page; then choose edit profile; then you can type whatever you want in the "custom user title" box, then hit save

Last edited:

Shells are for new members only that you can spend in Kapp'n's Seaside Shack.

As for just changing the usertitle, go to Settings > Edit Profile and write in something in the box where it says "Custom User Title" and hit Save Changes.

I've had a stuck visitor message notification for about a week now, I've gone back 10 pages in my messages and can't seem to make it go away.
Do I need to clear something?

I've had a stuck visitor message notification for about a week now, I've gone back 10 pages in my messages and can't seem to make it go away.
Do I need to clear something?

It finally went away after I went into settings. Whether or not it had anything to do with going into settings or not, I don't know. But it's gone and I'm all good.

Hello. Made an account here about a year ago, but haven't been active for around six months. I switched emails recently, and I tried to change the email associated with my account a month or two back, but I got a "administrator has banned this email address" message (informing me to change my email to continue, which is what I was trying to do).

I assume this is because I have been inactive for some time? I sent a message to the administrator, but didn't receive a response. Seeing now that I wasn't supposed to send it unless I had failed with posting a new topic/responding to the help thread, I'm trying again (remembering that I had an account here). The last time I was most active was around December of last year, I would say (I don't recall saying anything that could have gotten me in trouble either, so I don't think this is a suspension).

My apologies for the length of this; I'm not completely familiar with how things are done around here (as I was just a casual poster).

Staff: Is this being looked into?
(not that it's any of my business)

Like you said, it's none of your business. Issues like this are only the business of the user in question and the staff, why would we need to publicly make this information known to anyone else?

Like you said, it's none of your business. Issues like this are only the business of the user in question and the staff, why would we need to publicly make this information known to anyone else?

It's just that there was no response so it appears like nothing's happening. That's all.

Hello. Made an account here about a year ago, but haven't been active for around six months. I switched emails recently, and I tried to change the email associated with my account a month or two back, but I got a "administrator has banned this email address" message (informing me to change my email to continue, which is what I was trying to do).

I assume this is because I have been inactive for some time? I sent a message to the administrator, but didn't receive a response. Seeing now that I wasn't supposed to send it unless I had failed with posting a new topic/responding to the help thread, I'm trying again (remembering that I had an account here). The last time I was most active was around December of last year, I would say (I don't recall saying anything that could have gotten me in trouble either, so I don't think this is a suspension).

My apologies for the length of this; I'm not completely familiar with how things are done around here (as I was just a casual poster).

Hello, it's possible the email address is being picked up by our spam filters. I'll need to see what the address is, so you can make a private thread in Contact the Staff to share it with us. Thank you.

It's just that there was no response so it appears like nothing's happening. That's all.

It's just a little weird because it wasn't that long and you're not a staff manager or something.

I cannot manage to make my avatar animated, do I have to enable it somewhere?

I am using animated gifs for the avatar they just show up as static photos

help a poor boy out

Last edited:
I cannot manage to make my avatar animated, do I have to enable it somewhere?

I am using animated gifs for the avatar they just show up as static photos

help a poor boy out

You need to buy the add-on from the shop ^^

Back