The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

if I buy an add-on (mailbox, avatar extension, avatar animation), will the little images automatically show in my lineup/sidebar? I have no collectibles and I don't want to buy any, so if possible I'd like no images even if I buy and use the add-ons.

yeah just go to your items and you can hide them

if I buy an add-on (mailbox, avatar extension, avatar animation), will the little images automatically show in my lineup/sidebar? I have no collectibles and I don't want to buy any, so if possible I'd like no images even if I buy and use the add-ons.

You can hide add-ons and collectibles in your forum inventory. Shop > Inventory > select "hidden" checkbox(es) and click "Save"

Is there any particular reason why Mint and Lobo were chosen for the collectibles? Are they a staff favourite or something? Just curious.

I have Mint in my town! I can't wait to get a one for all of my villagers!

Is it appropriate to leave a negative rating if someone orders from your shop, then once you have it ready they proceed to ignore your PM/VM's and never get their items? This happened to me with an old shop, and as I'll be opening a new one soon, I want to know what to do if this happens again.

Is it appropriate to leave a negative rating if someone orders from your shop, then once you have it ready they proceed to ignore your PM/VM's and never get their items? This happened to me with an old shop, and as I'll be opening a new one soon, I want to know what to do if this happens again.

Yes, I believe you can leave negative ratings for that. If you organized the trade, and if they couldn't follow it, then you can leave negative ratings.

Are special characters allowed in usernames? If so, which ones?

I know I'm not the official answer you want, but I think it is limited to ASCII characters at most - standard letters, some symbols. However, I do know that special characters work in thread titles here and users are referred to internally by their unique ID, so there is actually a chance it'll work... but if so, it'll make logging in a pain. No-one wants to type "☺Smiley☺Master☺" each time they want to log in from a new location.

I know I'm not the official answer you want, but I think it is limited to ASCII characters at most - standard letters, some symbols. However, I do know that special characters work in thread titles here and users are referred to internally by their unique ID, so there is actually a chance it'll work... but if so, it'll make logging in a pain. No-one wants to type "☺Smiley☺Master☺" each time they want to log in from a new location.

Thank you! You're right, I hadn't thought about that. I wanted to use my name but it's taken by an inactive member who only posted once ( :( ) so I'm looking for alternatives :)

What does the "configure" button next to all of the collectibles on my inventory list do? I tried clicking one, but nothing seemed to happen.

Back