• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

if i make a new account, and buy a username change with the 10 seashells, can i send it to myself?

if i make a new account, and buy a username change with the 10 seashells, can i send it to myself?

That's against the rules, so if that was even remotely possible to begin with we would revoke it. And no, seashells and name changes are non transferable.

uhh help? i have 39 bells in my wallet, and im trying to buy a purple violet, which costs 39 bells. its saying i don't have enough bells. is this a glitch?..

uhh help? i have 39 bells in my wallet, and im trying to buy a purple violet, which costs 39 bells. its saying i don't have enough bells. is this a glitch?..

sometimes you only earn partial tbt, like .5 for example, the display rounds up but the shop doesnt. so make a post and youll get enough to buy the flower

Now this question may sound hypothetical. I know that if you were caught abusing the TBT system or selling items forbidden by the site for TBT bells, you will lose all of your TBT (including in your ABD) as it goes down to 0. Here's my question. What if you already have a negative value of TBT, but then abuse the system to bring it back to 0? Is the staff going to 0 it out, or is it a double standard (where the value stays negative)? Also, how harsh would the consequences be if people with negative amounts abuse the system?

I have not seen such a case, but since I know it's possible to go to a negative number of TBT, it made me wonder because of the rule where you lose all your bells if you abuse the system.

I tried posting an introduction and it didn't post; any ideas why? There was a message that popped up for a second but my eyesight is very poor and it disappeared before I could read it.

I tried posting an introduction and it didn't post; any ideas why? There was a message that popped up for a second but my eyesight is very poor and it disappeared before I could read it.

It could have been an error popup asking if you wanted to stay on page or leave, those happen sometimes and if you click leave it doesn't always post.

If possible, on what forum would I be able to do a sort of spam-post TBT giveaway?

You mean like be the exact poster on a specific number to win? That would go in the Basement. Even if the post quality rule still applies to some extent in the basement, I don't know about forum games like that.

You mean like be the exact poster on a specific number to win? That would go in the Basement. Even if the post quality rule still applies to some extent in the basement, I don't know about forum games like that.

Apple is correct here. If the giveaway has people repeatedly posting for entries or generally spammy kind of posts we'd like those in the Basement.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Apple is correct here. If the giveaway has people repeatedly posting for entries or generally spammy kind of posts we'd like those in the Basement.

Thank you.

Last edited:
how do you make a spoiler tag? me and noah98789 have no idea how to do it

[spoiler]text here[/spoiler]
text here

And if you want to title your spoiler

[spoiler=title]text here[/spoiler]
text here

Was just curious, but how many bans does it take for someone to permanently get banned? I've never thought about it before and I figured here would be the place to ask.

Back