The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

I have a question about group funds. If I cancel an impending group creation, should I return all funds to those who donated? I don't like scamming, but most of the TBT donations I got for my group are very minimal (like less than 100 TBT). I would take it as a yes if most donations exceeded 1,000 TBT to avoid scamming, but I don't know what to do if the total is less than 600 TBT.

I'm planning on cancelling the group funding process (or at least putting it on hiatus) because of how unpopular my group was. I got very little donations, and I'm still far far away from my goal. I also want to buy an expensive add-on as of now, but I don't want to make the others feel like they've been scammed. Even if the donations they made are easy to get back up to by posting. If I got 37,000 TBT donated right now, I would go on and start the group instead of getting more PM storage space or ability to send multiple PMs at once.
Yes.

Thanks for clearing this situation. I returned all 1,100 TBT to everyone who donated (I first thought I was given 600 or less, but I looked back and counted every bell donated for my group). I may get back to funding again, but not right now.

Is politics eventually gonna be a forbidden subject on this site in the future? I mean, several political threads were getting locked due to heated arguments, and I'm kinda thinking that it's time to do something about it.

I know that I'm not a mod, nor will the staff be willingly or able to accept me as a mod because of my aggressive behavior and desire to sign up just for the free animated collectible and the avatar extension (and blue username too), but I am giving a suggestion about site improvements as a regular member.

I think political threads should be strict but not blocked.

If people made polite and respectful arguments concerning politics it wouldn't be such a big issue :)

The problem is, politics threads are always gonna get messy. Because TBT is dominated by mostly younger people, and because of how bad the election was (not to mention, but how divided America (or even the world) is), they're always gonna get ugly. As much as Brewster's Caf? has degenerated over the past 18 months, I wouldn't give full credit to the members that brewed these arguments. What's really to blame were the ongoings in America during 2013 to 2016. All of these heated events caused America to split apart. And since Trump made it to the general election, it caused the division to be worse. And most of the internet became a place for highly controversial topics. If there is a serious problem on TBT that is common everywhere and not just a few sites (like the politics thread increasing rate), then it's not necessarily the community's fault, as it would be very understandable. I know politics is getting annoying, but the last four years was pure hell, as 2016 was a really bad year. It'll eventually calm down here without force, but right now, it's gonna be really tough.

I remember when this site used to be a lot worse. People fought over virtual items and villagers, abused systems to grief other members, and gossiped about other members publicly or off-site. Most collectibles priced around 500 to 900 TBT today, used to cost over 4,000 TBT to get one from another member. The concerns on the exchange rate were also common. Now this site has calmed down after all this time, even though the political discussions have gotten more common. If you want to see how bad the site was at its worst, you might want to be here more often from the summer of 2014 to the fall of 2015. All of this was before Brewster's became ridden with more political threads.

This still happens.

Imo, it's fine it people gossip/vent/talk mess off-site. As long as it doesn't get on-site.

Sometimes people need to vent to their friends.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Question: Will the 'valentine rose' that's in my sidebar stay?

Question: Will the 'valentine rose' that's in my sidebar stay?

Valentines roses dissapear after some amount of time until next year. You'll have it in your collectibles shop/inventory, but it'll be hidden by moderators with no way to override it.

Hey guys, my friend is trying to sign up, she's waiting on her registration email and has been for several hours, we've made sure she spelled her email correctly and that it isn't in her spam folder.

What do?

Hey guys, my friend is trying to sign up, she's waiting on her registration email and has been for several hours, we've made sure she spelled her email correctly and that it isn't in her spam folder.

What do?

I'm assuming she's using a Microsoft email address (Hotmail, Outlook, etc.) which is always hit or miss with our automated system. Have her send a support ticket via Contact Us and we should be able to help her from there.

How do I post gifs again? I attempt to post one, and then it ends up turning to a regular photo similar to my Tsareena pic in my sig.
I try to put a gif as my sig and it works, but when I try on posts, it changes...

How do you "bump" a thread?

Bumping a thread means to post in it, bringing it up to the top of a forum on the front page. When others say not to bump old threads, it means to not post in a thread once it's been over a month since the last reply (or even longer).

Last edited:
How do I post gifs again? I attempt to post one, and then it ends up turning to a regular photo similar to my Tsareena pic in my sig.
I try to put a gif as my sig and it works, but when I try on posts, it changes...
Are you using the site uploader or an off site image host? Recommend using Imgur if you're not already.

By posting in it after 30 minutes! Or simply reviving it from the dead (just don't bump year old threads). But there is a universal bumping rule where we ask that you wait four hours in all boards minus the Amiibo Post Office before bumping.

I've never encountered any differences in posting a regular photo vs. posting a gif? Just copy and paste the image URL inside the image tags and it should show up as normal:

[IMG]image link here[/IMG]

The only problem I sometimes run into is the link itself, so I always make sure it ends in .gif (sometimes websites can have weird .gifv file formats that seem to mess up when posting, so deleting the v seems to work!).

There's no real defined way to bump a thread - most commonly people just post a 'bump' comment in order to bring it up. But however you do it please remember to follow TBT's bumping rules! You can only bump a thread if it has been inactive (ie. no-one has posted) for at least 4 hours in all boards except the amiibo Post Office Board - which can only be bumped every 8 hours.

:)

Bumping a thread means to post in it, bringing it up to the top of a forum on the front page. When others say not to bump old threads, it means to not post in a thread once it's been over a month since the last reply (or even longer).

By posting in it after 30 minutes! Or simply reviving it from the dead (just don't bump year old threads). But there is a universal bumping rule where we ask that you wait four hours in all boards minus the Amiibo Post Office before bumping.

There's no real defined way to bump a thread - most commonly people just post a 'bump' comment in order to bring it up. But however you do it please remember to follow TBT's bumping rules! You can only bump a thread if it has been inactive (ie. no-one has posted) for at least 4 hours in all boards except the amiibo Post Office Board - which can only be bumped every 8 hours.

:)

We all answered the same question at once. What a coincidence.

Last edited:
Well... I use the site poster.
Before, I never had a problem posting any before...
Let me try one for example.
200.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

Perhaps it's my browser causing it?
Maybe if I switch to something else, then the pics would work...

Well... I use the site poster.
Before, I never had a problem posting any before...
Let me try one for example.
View attachment 194538

- - - Post Merge - - -

Perhaps it's my browser causing it?
Maybe if I switch to something else, then the pics would work...

Idk if it works from the site uploader...use imgur and it'll work ^^

Oh nvm you said you haven't had a problem before? o_O
Lmao oops
Well gl

Last edited:
Back