• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Is it bad if I bring threads that are old back up? Usually do it if the thread looks interesting.

why do the staff have like 200% better vocabulary than me, what thesauruses y'all using

Last edited:
Is it possible to have 2 blogs or change your blog name? Mine always says "Developing Blossom", I'd want it to be "Much of Mistwood".

Is it possible to have 2 blogs or change your blog name? Mine always says "Developing Blossom", I'd want it to be "Much of Mistwood".

You can change the title of your blog in Blog Settings -> Edit Title and Description.

You can also edit categories in Manage Categories, which would allow you to split your posts into different categories.

There's also a whole bunch of other cool stuff in the blog settings that I've never played around with, such as custom pages.

why do the staff have like 200% better vocabulary than me, what thesauruses y'all using

I use a combination of 10th grade literature for dummies, Fresh Off The Boat: How to Typo, and sleep deprevation as my thesauruses.

Is selling PKHex'd Pokemon for TBT bells considered "abusing the TBT system"?

I use a combination of 10th grade literature for dummies, Fresh Off The Boat: How to Typo, and sleep deprevation as my thesauruses.

do you search up "big words that make me sound sophisticated?" bc me too

One question about discussing bans. Why aren't users allowed to talk about others' bans, even if they were just talking about the user in general and not going over the reason why they're banned? People do this on other sites all the time. I know mods aren't allowed to disclose other users' bans as users shouldn't ask them why they're banned, but if a whole bunch of users and no moderators were discussing the ban in general and not the reasons, why is that forbidden from this site?

Also, what about this question:

Abusing the TBT system would be something else entirely, like the Interest thing. Selling hacked goods isn't abusing the system (in my opinion).

One question about discussing bans. Why aren't users allowed to talk about others' bans, even if they were just talking about the user in general and not going over the reason why they're banned? People do this on other sites all the time. I know mods aren't allowed to disclose other users' bans as users shouldn't ask them why they're banned, but if a whole bunch of users and no moderators were discussing the ban in general and not the reasons, why is that forbidden from this site?

Also, what about this question:
Simply because it's not really anyone's business? The ban is generally something only the staff and the person on the recieving end need to know about. It's fine to say oh "X is banned" if you know they are, but generally details shouldn't be shared. If the banned user wants to tell their friends, they can on whatever outside client but that's it. Basically different rules, different sites. We don't exactly need to be entirely transparent on every issue.

Simply because it's not really anyone's business? The ban is generally something only the staff and the person on the recieving end need to know about. It's fine to say oh "X is banned" if you know they are, but generally details shouldn't be shared. If the banned user wants to tell their friends, they can on whatever outside client but that's it. Basically different rules, different sites. We don't exactly need to be entirely transparent on every issue.

Or maybe, discussing bans in general would eventually lead to discussing why some user got banned or why they think some user got banned. That I can agree not to discuss, no questions asked. It's kinda like staying on-topic, but talking to a user that's going off-topic at once, which would lead to the on-topic user going off topic.

Or maybe, discussing bans in general would eventually lead to discussing why some user got banned or why they think some user got banned. That I can agree not to discuss, no questions asked. It's kinda like staying on-topic, but talking to a user that's going off-topic at once, which would lead to the on-topic user going off topic.

It sounds like you knew the answer then. :)

Hey so I'm returning from a very long TBT absence, I know who like two of the mods are and everything is confusing.

Anyway my question is what's the deal with that kapp'n seashell shop thing

Hey so I'm returning from a very long TBT absence, I know who like two of the mods are and everything is confusing.

Anyway my question is what's the deal with that kapp'n seashell shop thing

Seashells are a relatively new currency implemented in place of welcome bells so people don't abuse that system. Each new member earns 10 Seashells upon joining; they can't be traded and can only be used in Kapp'n shop. Existing members can't earn them.

When are the collectibles going to be fixed?

EDIT: I did not see the announcement thread when I made this post. Sorry for asking.

Last edited:
Back