The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Here's a question I am awaiting to ask. Is it against the rules in general to discuss past drama from this forum in today's time? Or is it not against the rules, but still not recommended?
It's subjective and isn't outright against the rules, but a simple answer is no. There really isn't any need to bring up any past drama.

What does it mean when you can't post on someone's profile (i.e. leave them a visitor message)?
It means the user has configured their settings so only select users can post VM's, or they've been banned.

Where did these new crazy flower chat icons come from?
eBay.

why is the word 'for' censored? was editing my user title and it censored it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i can type the word 'for' in a regular post but not in my user title?

why is the word 'for' censored? was editing my user title and it censored it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i can type the word 'for' in a regular post but not in my user title?

Been asked in this thread recently. No official response.

Why can't you say "for" in your user title? I tried chaning my user title to "Hungry for TBT", then "Looking for TBT", but the word "for" is being censored. What happened?

Seems to be an issue with the censor system. Until this gets proper attention, just bypass it with something like "Hungry for TBT" (the O is a special character - shouldn't be noticeable at first glance) or remove the for altogether with something such as "Wanting TBT".

I'm having issues with the forum. It isn't in it's usual setup or design. I restarted my computer and I'm still having an issue with it. It won't let me design any forum posts either ( I was going to edit my shop but I can't see the design options like colors or anything). Instead of the usual layout of the forums, it looks bare and has vBulletin as a header bar at the top instead of the usual art filled BellTree Forum banner. Have you experienced this problem from people before? This is the first time and it just started doing it not even an hour ago.
Sorry to bug you, I know you're busy. Thank you.
-SoraSmiles

ps. I also have a screenshot if nessesary. Thanks again!

I'm having issues with the forum. It isn't in it's usual setup or design. I restarted my computer and I'm still having an issue with it. It won't let me design any forum posts either ( I was going to edit my shop but I can't see the design options like colors or anything). Instead of the usual layout of the forums, it looks bare and has vBulletin as a header bar at the top instead of the usual art filled BellTree Forum banner. Have you experienced this problem from people before? This is the first time and it just started doing it not even an hour ago.
Sorry to bug you, I know you're busy. Thank you.
-SoraSmiles

ps. I also have a screenshot if nessesary. Thanks again!

You're on the mobile site. Click "Full Site" at the bottom of the page.

How do you edit the titles of threads you create?

You click "edit post" on the first post, then "go advanced". Over there, you can see the topic title box that you can change.

However, you can only edit topic titles within the first six months of its creation. After that, you'll need moderator help on editing topic titles.

You click "edit post" on the first post, then "go advanced". Over there, you can see the topic title box that you can change.

However, you can only edit topic titles within the first six months of its creation. After that, you'll need moderator help on editing topic titles.

You can also edit titles without actually going into the thread by double clicking (or just clicking once, I forget) on the title.

Just a completely random question, but by any chance does anyone know if the staff has access to our PMs? It's not something that I personally care much about, but it struck my curiosity. The answer may very well be in the TOS, but chances are I over looked it. I only skimmed through the TOS.

Just a completely random question, but by any chance does anyone know if the staff has access to our PMs? It's not something that I personally care much about, but it struck my curiosity. The answer may very well be in the TOS, but chances are I over looked it. I only skimmed through the TOS.

We can't view PMs; as we believe private messages should be exactly that. The only time we would be able to would be if a user had reported any messages for us to look into as a matter of dealing with a situation.

As the site owner, Jeremy has the ability to access the database. However as already he already stated in the thread a few years back this is not something that he would do, only if there was a legal matter that needed to be looked into.

We can't view PMs; as we believe private messages should be exactly that. The only time we would be able to would be if a user had reported any messages for us to look into as a matter of dealing with a situation.

As the site owner, Jeremy has the ability to access the database. However, as already he already stated in the thread a few years back this is not something that he would do, only if there was a legal matter that needed to be looked into.

Huh. Cool. The more you know the more you grow I guess. Thank you.

I have a question, so for the 1 year and a half I've been here I still don't know how people make those changing sigs. Can someone give me the coding or however you do it?

I know, what would you do without me?

Everything.

On the hand of censored words, there are quite some you can write on forums but not in About Me, like Alfred Hitchcock is partly censored in About Me but you can write it in forums :p I understand it's probably not #1 priority to fix but kinda amusing... :p

Question about rating threads:

I tried to today, and i get the notice saying the vote had been registered, but it doesn't change the shop's rating at all (on the thread list in the discussion category).
I remember it working once for me in an art shop but i haven't tried it again at all until today, and it hasn't worked at all.
Also, can you rate your own threads? Asking bc someone rated my shop 3 stars, I'm assuming a competing shop and it's a bit unfair and bothering me because it looks so bad lol.
Is rating void?

Last edited:
Can i make a group vm? Wondering bc i really need to get on wth best friending everyone wanted to play with me from my ts thread

Back