• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

The IRC is not loading for me anymore. I don't know why. I've tried reinstalling my Flash Player, but it still won't load for me. I use the one on the site, not like Mirc.
Could always use Mibbit or Pidgin in the mean time!

What should I do, If I get scammed on a sale?

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is what happened:I recently had a sale with Ribbotismyhomie. The deal was this 150 tbt and 10 dollar eshop credit for mario golf 3ds. He sent me 150 and he said he would send the eshop credit when I send him mario golf. Flop was buying earthbound for 4.5k tbt. So I said I'd sell him the eshop credit which he can buy earthbound with. well Ribbot scammed me and hasn't given me the eshop credit. He's not online either. I really want my 4.5k in tbt. >< Please help.
Isn't trading TBT currency for gift cards and the like forbidden in the rules?

Like Tom and Callaway said, this is why we frown upon those kind of transactions. We close them if we see them reported but either way, you're at your own risk there as there's nothing we can do about it.

Like Tom and Callaway said, this is why we frown upon those kind of transactions. We close them if we see them reported but either way, you're at your own risk there as there's nothing we can do about it.

i just saw DanielKang2 get scammed like that. He traded a game for e-shop credit and never got it i think.

What should I do, If I get scammed on a sale?

- - - Post Merge - - -

This is what happened:I recently had a sale with Ribbotismyhomie. The deal was this 150 tbt and 10 dollar eshop credit for mario golf 3ds. He sent me 150 and he said he would send the eshop credit when I send him mario golf. Flop was buying earthbound for 4.5k tbt. So I said I'd sell him the eshop credit which he can buy earthbound with. well Ribbot scammed me and hasn't given me the eshop credit. He's not online either. I really want my 4.5k in tbt. >< Please help.

Whoah whoah whoah, I did NOT agree on buying eshop credit. I agreed on buying the download code for the game. Don't bring me into this. You never once mentioned the Eshop code. I was asking for the Club Nintendo Platinum reward.

Last edited:
OK, asked it the first time at the wrong place, but are there plans to bring back the candy collectibles for next Halloween? If the answer is we dont know yet, thats absolutely fine of course, but I thought I would ask in case you guys definitely know on way or the other at this point. Thank you!

EDIT: And while I'm at it, I guess I should also ask, any plans to bring back the pokeball. :) A girl can dream...

Last edited:
I cannot confirm or deny either of those right now, sorry. :p Plans vary from year to year. As a general rule, we tend to keep collectibles matters a secret. I imagine if we revealed details like that in advance, it would effect the collectible "market" quite a bit.

I cannot confirm or deny either of those right now, sorry. :p Plans vary from year to year. As a general rule, we tend to keep collectibles matters a secret. I imagine if we revealed details like that in advance, it would effect the collectible "market" quite a bit.

Can I please make my own collectable

Are we still doing Mariokart Mondays? Or am I not seeing the announcement?

well this is simple

>announce collectible restock ahead of time
>watch as market reacts to it and people try their hardest to sell what they don't need for average value before it potentially loses said value, or perhaps some sell at a slightly lesser value while planning to buy some more once it goes up again
>last minute before the collectible would be restocked, cancel plans

Edit: Blame my Google Chrome. Spell-checks anything and marks it wrong.

Last edited:

XmAQddl.gif

Back