• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Why are some subjects on this site forbidden? I can understand duping, hacking, computer threats, and R-rated content (including racism or off-color humor) being forbidden, but I recently learned that mermaids are a completely forbidden subject now, as well as the color of the dress and a interesting fact thread in Brewster's Caf? (making a reference to the fact thread that got locked).

Last edited:
Why are some subjects on this site forbidden? I can understand duping, hacking, computer threats, and R-rated content (including racism or off-color humor) being forbidden, but I recently learned that mermaids are a completely forbidden subject now, as well as the color of the dress and a interesting fact thread in Brewster's Caf? (making a reference to the fact thread that got locked).

uh it's nothing to do with the subject matter~

Something similar has been asked before, but I'm curious.

When I edited my audiobook thread just now, I saw my TBT amount go from 26 to 16. Upon refreshing the page, it returned to normal. Why does this happen? Are we actually 'charged' for editing a post? I almost had a heart attack at first omg

Something similar has been asked before, but I'm curious.

When I edited my audiobook thread just now, I saw my TBT amount go from 26 to 16. Upon refreshing the page, it returned to normal. Why does this happen? Are we actually 'charged' for editing a post? I almost had a heart attack at first omg

Your bells were recalculated for your edited post. Your gain bells based on post length so when you edit a post, your bells are removed for the size of the old post and re-added for the size of the new post. So, if you edit a post to make it shorter, you will lose bells. If you edit a post to make it longer, you will gain bells. Often you will edit a post and you won't gain or lose any because you haven't made a significant enough change in the size of the post to affect how many bells you earned from it, but the system still deducts and re-adds the bells.

What happens if you add someone to the "Ignore List", what does it do?

It basically blocks that user from interacting with you. All their posts will be "hidden" (they'll still appear, you just have the option of reading them or not) kind of like this:

Post.

Use it to block annoying users or anyone that's harassing you!
Also I believe it prevents them from sending you VMs/PMs.
Unfortunately you're not notified if someone adds you to their ignore list.

Last edited:
Is there a thing somewhere where you can permanently disable smilies in your posts?

I find myself having to "go advanced" a lot just to click the box...

Last edited:
Is there a thing somewhere where you can permanently disable smilies in your posts?

I find myself having to "go advanced" a lot just to click the box...
to make it easier I just put the [B],[I] and [U] brackets in between of the colon and the parenthesis. It'll look like this:
HTML:
:[B][/B])
and it will show up as: :)

Last edited:
Ok can I like just say I am confuse

How come if someone makes a post on something against the rules - like offering to dupe items in someone's thread, or talking about hacking - the post will get deleted, but if it's a thread, asking about hacks, duping partners, or even in the tbt marketplace asking for real world money transactions, the thread just gets locked and not deleted?

It just seems counter productive, because 1) if it was a sole post it'd get deleted so why does it just get locked if it's a thread, and 2) you can just pm the user who made the thread and do it behind closed doors, because you already know their willing since they made the thread

So????

Last edited:
is paying for invisible mode still a thing and if so, how much is it? i've rarely visited in the past few months but i remember the announcement from a couple months back.

Last edited:
I have a question about selling animal crossing furniture/villagers. Do we have to sell for in game bells, or tbt? Or could we sell furniture for say, coke rewards points? What if we had the option for both, would that be ok?

I have a question about selling animal crossing furniture/villagers. Do we have to sell for in game bells, or tbt? Or could we sell furniture for say, coke rewards points? What if we had the option for both, would that be ok?

I think coke reward points are similar to Club Nintendo Codes and not gift cards, so I think it's fine.

Back